Clock Setting 12 hrs
How do I change my clock setting to 12hr format?

I tried right click, clock setting, set up NTP etc... but still its showing me 24 hrs. format.
The setting is in locales; where you can set other things like currency, date format, &c.

That said, learn to use a 24 hour clock; its more sophisticated, its more accurate, more people on earth tell time that way (including every government and military organization & IBM) and its just easier. The only reason people ever used a twelve hour format was that watches were easier to make that way, and most people in the 1800s were not smart enough to understand a twenty-four hour format.

QED; leave it alone.

marcus
(07-11-2016, 08:31 AM)MarkHaysHarris777 Wrote: The setting is in locales; where you can set other things like currency, date format, &c.

That said, learn to use a 24 hour clock; its more sophisticated, its more accurate, more people on earth tell time that way (including every government and military organization & IBM) and its just easier.  The only reason people ever used a twelve hour format was that watches were easier to make that way, and most people in the 1800s were not smart enough to understand a twenty-four hour format. 

QED; leave it alone. 

marcus

Just because it was done that way in the past doesn't mean it is right for the situation.

Thank you for letting us know that the settings where in locales. No thank you for telling us we were wrong for a non-technical reason.

Maybe I am one of the people where are not smart enough to understand a twenty-four hour format? Don't judge me for what I want my device to do.

Scott

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Read CPU info (temperature, clock speed) Borglesnorgle Williams 1 4,095 02-23-2019, 08:46 PM
Last Post: tllim
  How to change DSI setting value from DTS r.tanaka 8 11,792 08-28-2018, 03:52 AM
Last Post: r.tanaka
  Issue with NTP (Network Time Protocol) and RTC (Real Time Clock), timedatectl emilhem 0 2,521 08-07-2017, 07:37 AM
Last Post: emilhem
  Trouble setting up psensor (or any other) DukeJustice 9 10,594 08-16-2016, 06:47 AM
Last Post: DukeJustice
  display resolution setting frustrated1 6 8,260 07-04-2016, 02:55 AM
Last Post: cristiano