PureMaps and OSM Scout Server maps download
Until several days ago I needed no API keys to use map auto-download for OSM tiles on Puremaps, it just loaded what I needed over wifi or 4g data.
Today after a full wipe and bookworm/mobian up-to-date install I get a HTTP 403 error and it wants a source for map files.
This leads me to install OSM scout server, which is good; I want offline maps on a daily driver device and I have not spent enough time working with nav on pinephone.
I get OSM scout server setup and I can download the world basic map files but I get no options when I click the subscribe button, nothing happens except a slight change in color on the subscribe button.
Maybe OSM is not serving map tiles today, or am I missing a step for both puremaps and osm scout server?
(edit)
It would be useful to me if anyone could verify a working install(version too) to see if they are getting their maps loading in OSM scout server or puremaps.
I did the reinstall after locking up my install with the new updates.
THe good news is I have a whole install script on the forum, and after running that OSM scout server can find countries again.
Not sure if it is OSM servers or my phone which had the problem.
(edit)
But I still get a 403 error when using the online tiles.
About the 403: https://github.com/rinigus/pure-maps/issues/606

I just tried OSM scout server and it works like a charm for me.

I had to subscribe (which change almost nothing) THEN click a "Download" button.
(08-27-2022, 12:13 PM)mdk Wrote: About the 403: https://github.com/rinigus/pure-maps/issues/606

I just tried OSM scout server and it works like a charm for me.

I had to subscribe (which change almost nothing) THEN click a "Download" button.

yes, it started showing available countries and letting me subscribe again sometime last week, I assume server issues.  I still cant get onlime maps from pure maps, though using offline is fine even if I don't get the resolution and all buildings marked that I had used previously using live map tiles.
403 guy is spammer, look closely there is a spam link (he may have come back later and edited it in). Keep your eyes peeled folks, that's the second one I've seen today.

The comments are helpful and even sound relevant, but it's the link that's the dead giveaway. Either AI is getting pretty good, or these are actual humans doing this.

And yes, I flagged it already. Everyone should do the same when they see one of these.
Cheers,
TRS-80

What is Free Software and why is it so important for society?

Protocols, not Platforms

For the most Linux-y experience on your Linux phone, try SXMO!

I am (nominally) the Armbian Maintainer for PineBook Pro (although severely lacking in time these days).
Friends, any of you compiled pure maps and OSM Scout Server for mobian?
(12-28-2023, 05:27 PM)vusra Wrote: Friends, any of you compiled pure maps and OSM Scout Server for mobian?

https://salsa.debian.org/Mobian-team/pac...-/issues/1

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  [GPS] PureMaps with OsmScoutServer, Localization precision and Maps freelectro 2 1,174 03-21-2023, 04:17 AM
Last Post: freelectro
  GPS/location services don't work with Maps after Bookworm upgrade Anna 16 9,807 06-13-2022, 02:37 PM
Last Post: wibble
  How to enable SSH server? jnpine 16 17,791 04-02-2022, 11:10 AM
Last Post: RTP
  rsyslog a bad idea? Problems with ssh, openssh-server, fail2ban Anna 7 5,090 11-14-2021, 06:20 PM
Last Post: juju
  Pure Maps GPS on Pinephone Mobian godzillest 3 3,793 08-03-2021, 03:07 AM
Last Post: mouffa
  (Gnome) Maps won't start on Mobian? TRS-80 3 3,106 07-11-2021, 12:09 PM
Last Post: TRS-80
  "Unable to download updates: The following packages have unmet dependencies:" bitnick 13 11,672 04-23-2021, 09:45 PM
Last Post: ryo
  Wrong location / place by GPS - Location Services - GNSS - Maps Anna 17 11,229 03-22-2021, 12:42 PM
Last Post: Maus
  MMS Download Script antiX-Dave 13 16,593 12-13-2020, 11:57 AM
Last Post: antiX-Dave
  Download Latest Version through wget/curl pizzalovingnerd 1 3,089 06-20-2020, 03:30 AM
Last Post: rico