Manjaro Gnome 22.06 pamac update fail/soft-bricked-OS
Is anyone else having issues updating the Pinebook Pro Manjaro ARM GNOME 22.06 image?

I attempted to update the system on SD card (and internal eMMC) via "Add/Remove Software" (pmac?).  It locks up at "Checking Integrity...".  Then after shutting down, the OS won't boot.
I have also been having that issue, but I haven't been able to find out what is causing it. It appears it's an issue with the Gnome version, as I flashed the Plasma version to the same card and it works just fine.
I believe the reason it won't boot is because it moves quite a few of the essential files before beginning the upgrade. If I try to open any application before powering it off, such as settings or the terminal, it gives me a message saying the application isn't found.
(08-18-2022, 01:32 PM)creeker99 Wrote: I have also been having that issue, but I haven't been able to find out what is causing it. It appears it's an issue with the Gnome version, as I flashed the Plasma version to the same card and it works just fine.
I believe the reason it won't boot is because it moves quite a few of the essential files before beginning the upgrade. If I try to open any application before powering it off, such as settings or the terminal, it gives me a message saying the application isn't found.

I had the same issue.  It is as if the OS only exits in memory...  I thought it was because I killed the /usr/bin/pamac-manager --gapplication-serivice after the lock on "Checking Integrity..."
What I can gather it pamac takes a VERY LONG time when checking package integrity...

"sudo pacman -Scc"
"sudo pacman -Syyuu"
might work...I broke the OS image again...will test later
I may have to just let it sit as well, although I left it for a half hour at one point. I've got Armbian Gnome working well at the moment, so I may just use that for a while. I'm more familiar with Debian based distros anyway, but I was hoping to try something new as usual!
Probably the best idea. I assume the Manjaro-ARM-GNOME Pinebook Pro community is very small.
It might be the case that the image is so unstable that one shouldn't update between releases.

I tried the pacman -Syyuu update command and the Pinebook Pro randomly froze in the downloading of packages, so I am going to forget about this.

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Manjaro Sway Theme Broken Eighty8 1 168 03-08-2024, 08:41 AM
Last Post: tophneal
Exclamation 'failed to open panfrost' after system update using archarm Puckla 1 212 03-01-2024, 06:46 PM
Last Post: Puckla
Question Manjaro with Full Disk Encryption and GRUB dumetrulo 1 1,607 02-02-2024, 02:45 AM
Last Post: frankkinney
  Manjaro network problem late 2023 acruhl 1 215 01-19-2024, 11:32 PM
Last Post: Kevin Kofler
  Help installing Manjaro on eMMC of Pinebook Pro pine4546464 4 1,919 12-13-2023, 07:22 PM
Last Post: trillobite
  Need Help Recovering Manjaro /boot Contents on Pinebook Pro calinb 6 1,980 12-11-2023, 03:47 AM
Last Post: calinb
  Manjaro 20.04 not loading from SD (with Manjaro on eMMC) zaius 1 292 12-07-2023, 03:11 PM
Last Post: wdt
  Manjaro ARM: enabling external monitors & fixing Broadcom WiFi after updating trifleneurotic 2 746 11-14-2023, 10:57 AM
Last Post: trifleneurotic
  Manjaro [ARM Stable Update] 2021-07-23 issues Bocanila 1 1,914 08-21-2023, 09:10 PM
Last Post: vanessadonald
  [Manjaro] u-boot won't boot from eMMC with (unbootable) SD card present zackw 1 1,853 08-21-2023, 09:08 PM
Last Post: vanessadonald