Getting close to daily driving
(10-26-2022, 02:36 PM)mruser1 Wrote: Thanks for sharing! I thought a mail client was installed or at least mentioned in the wiki if it was easy to get it running under the shipped manjaro. Anyone any suggestions for a mail client? Anyone tried thunderbird, evolution, kmail, mailspring, or something else?

Sorry if I misunderstand but I think there is a misunderstanding here.

This topic is for Sailfish OS which is the operating system of the Jolla company - which is one of the pioneers in this field ("linux phones") and a great company. However, it is a company standing on its own two feet and for this reason they will probably never give their full contribution for Pinephone. (There are lots of open source stuff and options and I certainly hope that Sailfish OS will become daily driver ready for Pinephone but I don't hold my breath Smile )

Email is working excellent at least with Phosh (PMOS, Arch, Mobian, Manjaro).
With mobile your choice must be Geary or some webapp - other are not that good with small displays.
Thanks for pointing out + the hints! The right thread for me is https://forum.pine64.org/showthread.php?...light=mail
GPS isn't working either, is it?
Just checking in random intervals Smile
State at winter solstice 2022:
1. flash-it script now downloads SailfishOS 4.4.0.72
2. "raw" for image creation still does not work, used /dev/mmcblk0
3. answering "No" for home encryption now worked ok
4. during initial setup, the SIM PIN lock code was asked and sim was unlocked - was able to send and receive SMS
5. after reboot it unfortunately reverted to previous behaviour - again no way to unlock SIM
6. after reboot WLAN connection was lost, had to configure again
My experience with Manjaro PlaMo: https://forum.pine64.org/showthread.php?tid=15300
(12-22-2022, 03:04 AM)acrux Wrote: Just checking in random intervals Smile
State at winter solstice 2022:
1. flash-it script now downloads SailfishOS 4.4.0.72
2. "raw" for image creation still does not work, used /dev/mmcblk0
3. answering "No" for home encryption now worked ok
4. during initial setup, the SIM PIN lock code was asked and sim was unlocked - was able to send and receive SMS
5. after reboot it unfortunately reverted to previous behaviour - again no way to unlock SIM
6. after reboot WLAN connection was lost, had to configure again

Thanks for this, I posted a new thread anyway with the same info just to make it higher profile.
(08-12-2022, 08:30 AM)defactofactotum Wrote: The flash-it script is now working again for both sdcards and emmc. After an update to eg25manager several problems have been resolved, chiefly an incoming call now actually wakes the phone up. The display behaves correctly, wakes up immediately even after deep sleeps. Call audio is not great and the camera doesn't work at all - apart from that everything works, updated to 4.4.0.58.

hi
i am trying to install sailfish but keep getting stuck here
what am i missing? many thanks
Which image do you want to flash?
1) PinePhone 1.0 (Development) device
2) PinePhone 1.1 (Brave Heart) device
3) PineTab device
4) Dont Be Evil devkit
#? 1
Downloading images...
UBoot image download failed. Aborting.
3) PineTab device
4) Dont Be Evil devkit
#? 1
Downloading images...

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

(12-23-2022, 09:05 AM)ommm Wrote:
(08-12-2022, 08:30 AM)defactofactotum Wrote: The flash-it script is now working again for both sdcards and emmc. After an update to eg25manager several problems have been resolved, chiefly an incoming call now actually wakes the phone up. The display behaves correctly, wakes up immediately even after deep sleeps. Call audio is not great and the camera doesn't work at all - apart from that everything works, updated to 4.4.0.58.

hi
3) PinedTab device
4) Dont Be Evil devkit
#? 1
Downloading images...
3) PineTab device
4) Dont Be Evil devkit
#? 1
Downloading images...

Do you really have a dev pinephone? It seems unlikely. If you have an original or community pinephone choose 2; if you have a pinephonepro choose 5, and try again.
(12-23-2022, 09:56 AM)defactofactotum Wrote:

hi
3) PinedTab device
4) Dont Be Evil devkit
#? 1
Downloading images...
3) PineTab device
4) Dont Be Evil devkit
#? 1
Downloading images...

Do you really have a dev pinephone? It seems unlikely. If you have an original or community pinephone choose 2; if you have a pinephonepro choose 5, and try again.
I got the exact same error trying to run the script on an arm machine. I decided to try it on my x86 laptop and it's running fine
(12-23-2022, 09:56 AM)defactofactotum Wrote:

hi
3) PinedTab device
4) Dont Be Evil devkit
#? 1
Downloading images...
3) PineTab device
4) Dont Be Evil devkit
#? 1
Downloading images...

tried selecting all the other options and get the same output
??
(12-23-2022, 01:46 PM)ommm Wrote: [quote pid="115086" dateline="1671811015"]
where did you get the flash-it.sh? Github can be very confusing and there seem to be outdated versions there too. Go to https://github.com/sailfish-on-dontbeevil/flash-it Click the green 'code' button and Download Zip. This version works for me now.

tried selecting all the other options and get the same output
??
[/quote]