No Power or Reset buttons
I received my Kit on Friday. But I received no microSd card. and also, there are no power or rest buttons soldered to the board (I can see clearly where they should be). Also, one button came loose in the package. It fits where the power or reset buttons would go, though there is no trace of solder indicating that it was never attached to the board, just loose in the package. Am I responsible for soldering the button to the board?

Regarding the microSd.. Am I supposed to have received one? I cannot get the thing to boot. I get nothing from hdmi whin I plug the board in(I get a red light on the board and that's it).

I also have the LCD touch display but get nothing on that either.

Many thanks in advance!
(07-10-2016, 11:09 AM)corymp Wrote: I received my Kit on Friday. But I received no microSd card. and also, there are no power or rest buttons soldered to the board (I can see clearly where they should be). Also, one button came loose in the package. It fits where the power or reset buttons would go, though there is no trace of solder indicating that it was never attached to the board, just loose in the package. Am I responsible for soldering the button to the board?

Regarding the microSd.. Am I supposed to have received one? I cannot get the thing to boot. I get nothing from hdmi whin I plug the board in(I get a red light on the board and that's it).

Many thanks in advance!

Yes, you are supposed to solder the switch yourself. The plan was to have it soldered to the board, but enough backers objected that it was decided to add the switch as an extra you would attach yourself.

You would only have gotten a microSD card if you chose a pledge tier that included a microSD on kickstarter, or selected one via the Pine shop when you placed your order.

You will need to get an operating system on a microSD card in order to get an image on the LCD screen. You will also need to connect up the LCD screen correctly.
(07-10-2016, 01:23 PM)Ghost Wrote:
(07-10-2016, 11:09 AM)corymp Wrote: I received my Kit on Friday. But I received no microSd card. and also, there are no power or rest buttons soldered to the board (I can see clearly where they should be). Also, one button came loose in the package. It fits where the power or reset buttons would go, though there is no trace of solder indicating that it was never attached to the board, just loose in the package. Am I responsible for soldering the button to the board?

Many thanks in advance!

Yes, you are supposed to solder the switch yourself. The plan was to have it soldered to the board, but enough backers objected that it was decided to add the switch as an extra you would attach yourself.

You would only have gotten a microSD card if you chose a pledge tier that included a microSD on kickstarter, or selected one via the Pine shop when you placed your order.

You will need to get an operating system on a microSD card in order to get an image on the LCD screen. You will also need to connect up the LCD screen correctly.

OK, sounds good. Soldering the switch is no issue at all. But why was only one button included?
(07-10-2016, 03:55 PM)corymp Wrote:

Many thanks in advance!

OK, sounds good. Soldering the switch is no issue at all. But why was only one button included?

Good question! Big Grin btw, the switch connections are replicated on the 10 pin EXP header above the euler bus, so if you want to panel mount your power or reset buttons, that is the easiest way to do it (or if you already have some switches/buttons on dupont connectors.
Yes they only included one switch, I soldered mine to the reset and if I remember correctly it did work when I rebooted the board, I wonder if the power button would work if soldered on.  Please let me know if you choose to solder it on the power button and if it works... Big Grin
(07-10-2016, 03:55 PM)corymp Wrote:

Many thanks in advance!

The kickstarter stretch goal was for one button only.

(07-11-2016, 03:05 AM)koda Wrote: Yes they only included one switch, I soldered mine to the reset and if I remember correctly it did work when I rebooted the board, I wonder if the power button would work if soldered on.  Please let me know if you choose to solder it on the power button and if it works... Big Grin

The power button works if soldered on. Short press brings up a graceful shutdown menu, long press triggers a more immediate clumsy shutdown.
hi, i didnt receive any button with my pine64 which had been ordered in May, i have checked the package properly but there is no button. if i was to order one from the shop it would cost $3.
I can send you a couple free of charge when I get home from holidays. PM me your mail info. All I ask is for the postage to be paid back on paypal or something.

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  New RockPro64 Power Up Problem enorbet2 7 4,783 10-28-2023, 12:08 PM
Last Post: dkebler
  Pinecil power Erincka 0 1,806 03-21-2021, 11:52 AM
Last Post: Erincka
  Session fails to fully start after unexpected power off during initial upgrade Avron 0 1,877 03-18-2021, 11:52 AM
Last Post: Avron
  Power button sdziuba 1 2,349 03-14-2021, 09:05 AM
Last Post: xalius
  PBP won't power. Charge light solid orange/red but turns off. cmicallef 15 11,982 03-12-2021, 07:08 PM
Last Post: cmicallef
  reset postmarket os to factory specifications jmak 2 4,316 10-02-2020, 08:30 PM
Last Post: SwordfishII
  howto power hdd via usb3 on rockpro64 hanscees 2 4,976 06-17-2020, 02:00 AM
Last Post: hanscees
  User Screen Black After Changing Power Settings 0b51Gekko 2 4,664 07-03-2019, 07:53 AM
Last Post: 0b51Gekko
  5.25 V _ ... 2A Power USB Adapter Guest2000 4 6,952 02-12-2017, 09:34 PM
Last Post: tllim
  Power Switch for Pine64 512MB Board MonarchOfLight 0 2,501 10-24-2016, 04:33 PM
Last Post: MonarchOfLight