Just Received my Order; It Doesn't work?!
Hello!

I finally received both of my Pine A64+ 2gb boards. I have tried both boards with the following setup:

-Power supply from pine 64
-LCD screen and Hdmi connection (tried separately obviously)
-64gb android micro SD (shipped with pine64)
-32gb android micro SD (shipped with pine64)
-32gb RemixOS micro SD (shipped with pine64)
-No other peripherals plugged in 

Every time I plug in the power The red led comes on, and stays on. There is no signal given to either the LCD or the hdmi (again, they are never plugged in together, one at a time for testing purposes). 

Does anyone have any idea what's going on? Or should I throw my hands up and give up on this $200 investment that I waited 6 months for?
What else is connected when trying to boot?

... make sure the ethernet is unplugged.
I had the same problem with the shipped 64 gig sd card I downloaded the 8gig android 5.1.1 lcd and installed it on the 64 sd card. Also when I read the 64 card for the first time it showed 28 gig
(07-06-2016, 06:40 PM)ptbrownie Wrote: I had the same problem with the shipped 64 gig sd card I downloaded the 8gig android 5.1.1 lcd and installed it on the 64 sd card. Also when I read the 64 card for the first time it showed 28 gig

If you tried to read the sd card on a windows machine that would explain why it only showed as a "blank" 28gig. The formatting of the card is in ext and is not readable in Windows (even though It have shown up on my windows 10 machine some times).
I hope you got it working, It seem that the only way to power it on properly is use Raspberry Pi Power Supply which is standard 5V and 2.5A or 2500mA. Anything else like power by computer USB port it may not work properly. Other thing the image must burned on to he MicroSD card using win32imager or similar tool. And the microUSB must be inserted into the Pine64. 
Link to the UK Universal Pi Pwr Supply is https://www.pi-supply.com/product/official-raspberry-pi-power-supply-newest-version/

I got the instructions from from IRC chat
 1) All Linux images are available here: http://wiki.pine64.org/index.php/Pine_A6...re_Release
 2) If using windows, download win32imager - this is the program to burn dd images
 3) Unzip the Linux image then burn it to the SD card using win32imager or DD depending on OS
4) Once the image has burnt, boot the device and navigate to /usr/local/sbin
5) `ls` will show you all the available scripts. To resize your card do `sudo ./resize_rootfs.sh`
 6) Tip: If you encounter any problems during boot disconnect all peripherals (ethernet, hat(s), USB2 keyboard) and try again.
 !Android
 Having Android Troubles? See quick tips below:
 1) There are two types of Android OS images: DD 
 2) and Phoenix Card
 3) If using a dd image you will need a program called win32imager (If on Windows, DD is a command on Linux/Mac); for the Phoenix image you need a program called Phoenix card
 4) Make sure to download the right image for the program you intend to use. For DD images their size must match the size of your SD card
 5) Unzip the image and burn it using one of the methods outlined in the steps above
 6) Tip: on first boot disconnect ethernet, and connect it once the boot process has finished
 7) If you use Phoenix card, make sure you select  'Startup!' and leave the pine alone for 15 min after booting - background processes are active
 8) If you are using the official Pine64 touchscreen then there is a special image you need to download -  it is clearly marked as 'LCD PANEL RELEASE' on wiki - you need to burn it using phoenix

https://www.pine64.pro/  You have to be very strict in following the instructions. For 15 dollars per board there is no wiggle room added to make any kind of accommodations or include forgiveness.

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Just received Pinephone - system crashes Zebulon Walton 12 13,421 11-13-2020, 05:45 PM
Last Post: Zebulon Walton
  How to get Netflix to work in Chromium or Firefox on PBP User 17828 13 19,021 09-24-2020, 08:52 AM
Last Post: solostian
  Emails from pine64 received as spam by gmail Matan 2 5,657 08-21-2019, 08:30 AM
Last Post: Leiaz
  Will the Rock64 work as a mobile data storage device? Kennetht 1 3,100 03-29-2018, 10:07 AM
Last Post: xalius
  Sopine A64 doesn't boot ubuntu stixcher 5 7,668 12-03-2017, 11:05 AM
Last Post: tllim
  7" Screen - Does it work with Debian abasel 1 3,817 07-26-2017, 05:44 AM
Last Post: pfeerick
  Would the SOPINE modules work if they were put into a standard SODIMM RAM slot? Wiooooo 4 6,449 02-05-2017, 02:57 PM
Last Post: MarkHaysHarris777
Sad Received two months ago still no good black screens matter 3 7,162 09-05-2016, 10:07 PM
Last Post: black screens matter
  Helpful Hint: HDMI-to-DVI cables do not work on PINE64 aegrotatio 4 8,398 06-07-2016, 11:02 PM
Last Post: aegrotatio
Question What "Extras" (aka Essentials) To Order MashaT22 1 2,515 06-01-2016, 06:38 PM
Last Post: Rumen