Power on with IR pine64 remote
Hi guys, If there's already a thread on this specific issue, my apologies, couldn't find it.

I installed Android on my pine64 and downloaded Kodi, bought a pine64 remote, everything works fine inside Kodi, I can shut it down as well, however I can't seem to power it on with the remote controller. Powering it off works all the time so it's definitely not a remote issue. Do I need to make any configs? Does anybody else has this problem? It's kind of annoying powering it on manually all the time. Thanks.
(07-06-2016, 07:13 AM)aspixel Wrote: Hi guys, If there's already a thread on this specific issue, my apologies, couldn't find it.

I installed Android on my pine64 and downloaded Kodi, bought a pine64 remote, everything works fine inside Kodi, I can shut it down as well, however I can't seem to power it on with the remote controller. Powering it off works all the time so it's definitely not a remote issue. Do I need to make any configs? Does anybody else has this problem? It's kind of annoying powering it on manually all the time. Thanks.

Powering on will not work without the 3.7v lithium battery plugged in and charged (it has to be at the right temperature, or that lead needs to be bypassed with a resistor).

marcus
Marcus, is this a hardware issue then? The hardware is not supplying power to the receiver or the board, so it can't wake up? Or is this a software issue? I'd love to be able to power on with the remote as well.
Kickstarter backer #5,864  --  SBC Noob  --  SE Michigan, USA
Hi. Thank you very much for your reply Marcus. Should I buy then an RTC backup battery source? Thanks, Adam

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
(07-06-2016, 09:48 AM)MarkHaysHarris777 Wrote:
(07-06-2016, 07:13 AM)aspixel Wrote: Hi guys, If there's already a thread on this specific issue, my apologies, couldn't find it.

Powering on will not work without the 3.7v lithium battery plugged in and charged (it has to be at the right temperature, or that lead needs to be bypassed with a resistor).

marcus

Hi Marcus. I have bought a 3.7v 250mAh li ion battery. Hope it will do the job. I'll receive it in a few weeks. Thanks

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
(07-28-2016, 03:16 AM)aspixel Wrote: Hi Marcus. I have bought a 3.7v 250mAh li ion battery. Hope it will do the job. I'll receive it in a few weeks. Thanks

Hi. I have the same problem here. Please keep me up to date if and how the li ion battery worked. Thank you
(08-11-2016, 12:56 AM)Mango Wrote:
(07-28-2016, 03:16 AM)aspixel Wrote: Hi Marcus. I have bought a 3.7v 250mAh li ion battery. Hope it will do the job. I'll receive it in a few weeks. Thanks

Hi. I have the same problem here. Please keep me up to date if and how the li ion battery worked. Thank you

You may find that a 250mAh battery will not hold a sufficient charge over a sufficient length of time to do the job effectively. It may just about be enough to turn the Pine on, I don't know. I hope it is. But you definitely won't be able to run the Pine off a 250mAh battery. It would last about 5 minutes, if that; if at all. 

To give some perspective, the battery being touted by Pine Inc. is 8000mAh.

Let us know how things turn out. If you can utilise a small capacity li-ion battery to initiate the Pine, that may be a useful addition to have.

Also, you seem to have figured it out already, but the RTC battery wouldn't have done the job. The purpose of that battery is for maintaining time and date information once the unit is powered down.
At this time, there is a bug that prevents the remote from powering ON the PineA64 even with the battery installed. You may power OFF the PinA64 by pressing and holding either the power button (hardware wired) or the remote (IR); however, the remote cannot be used to power ON the PineA64 once it is OFF.

I will pass this info to the engineers , to see if it can be corrected.
marcushh777    Cool

please join us for a chat @  irc.pine64.xyz:6667   or ssl  irc.pine64.xyz:6697

( I regret that I am not able to respond to personal messages;  let's meet on irc! )
Since the IR receiver is only wired to the IR receiver input on the A64 the only thing that could be implemented I guess is waking up from sleepmodes (standby) via an interrupt, but not from a hard power-off since for that you would have to wake up the PMIC somehow from a demodulated and decoded IR signal.... same as the standby mode on your TV for example.
Come have a chat in the Pine IRC channel >>
(08-11-2016, 06:28 AM)xalius Wrote: Since the IR receiver is only wired to the IR receiver input on the A64 the only thing that could be implemented I guess is waking up from sleepmodes (standby) via an interrupt, but not from a hard power-off since for that you would have to wake up the PMIC somehow from a demodulated and decoded IR signal.... same as the standby mode on your TV for example.

Well, and clicking the remote power button (rather than holding it) leaves the PineA64 ON but puts it to sleep.  But, the remote will not wake the PineA64 either... takes a reset switch press.
marcushh777    Cool

please join us for a chat @  irc.pine64.xyz:6667   or ssl  irc.pine64.xyz:6697

( I regret that I am not able to respond to personal messages;  let's meet on irc! )

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
Shocked Remote for Android? liodra 18 29,179 12-23-2020, 06:11 AM
Last Post: Learnincurve
  Pine64+ 1G and Pine LCD with Android 6.0.1 Tanveer 0 2,952 09-03-2018, 05:05 AM
Last Post: Tanveer
  2nd ethernet in PINE64 with android daniele 2 4,007 12-07-2017, 05:09 AM
Last Post: daniele
  Pine64 + Youtube TV Performance mikedice417 0 2,085 11-25-2017, 10:36 AM
Last Post: mikedice417
  USB GPS dongles that work with Android on Pine64+ ? trondkj 2 4,358 11-16-2017, 02:14 PM
Last Post: Skivholme
  Android 7.1 reboot on Pine64 2GB rkbren81@gmail.com 2 4,031 11-07-2017, 06:33 AM
Last Post: rkbren81@gmail.com
  Connecting external DVDRW drive via USB to Pine64 galbez 4 6,041 10-12-2017, 12:35 PM
Last Post: Luke
  Does snapchat work on pine64 with android? user875545 1 4,139 08-29-2017, 12:05 AM
Last Post: tllim
  Boot hangs on pine64, how to debug? olh 1 3,524 08-29-2017, 12:04 AM
Last Post: tllim
  Pine64+ 1G: boot loader details required Tanveer 4 6,677 07-29-2017, 09:07 PM
Last Post: Tanveer