Wrong pin (default manjaro install)
The device was working fine back in March when I first got it.  
I didn't use it at all in April and just charged the battery and booted it up again. 
It's saying "Wrong pin".  However, I'm 99.99% confident I'm inputting the right pin, since I make sure to use the same pin on all of my devices (and I have many for testing purposes).  

Has anyone else had this problem?  Are there clear instructions on how to do get root access, boot to single user mode (I imagine this isn't a think on the PPP) etc?
(05-01-2022, 12:35 PM)senorsmile Wrote: The device was working fine back in March when I first got it.  
I didn't use it at all in April and just charged the battery and booted it up again. 
It's saying "Wrong pin".  However, I'm 99.99% confident I'm inputting the right pin, since I make sure to use the same pin on all of my devices (and I have many for testing purposes).  

Has anyone else had this problem?  Are there clear instructions on how to do get root access, boot to single user mode (I imagine this isn't a think on the PPP) etc?

Reboot the device. If the issue persists you can simply reflash (or you can boot something else from microSD card and chroot into the eMMC installation and change the PIN with "passwd", if you want to go through all that trouble).
(05-03-2022, 06:22 AM)fxc Wrote:
(05-01-2022, 12:35 PM)senorsmile Wrote: The device was working fine back in March when I first got it.  

Reboot the device. If the issue persists you can simply reflash (or you can boot something else from microSD card and chroot into the eMMC installation and change the PIN with "passwd", if you want to go through all that trouble).

Perfect.  Rebooting didn't work so I'll get a distro onto an sd card and chroot in order to run passwd.
(05-03-2022, 09:14 AM)senorsmile Wrote:
(05-03-2022, 06:22 AM)fxc Wrote:

Perfect.  Rebooting didn't work so I'll get a distro onto an sd card and chroot in order to run passwd.

I found just yesterday that a simple "2" as pin did not work.  I could log in using ssh using "2" but as pin would not take. So i changed password/pin to 6 digits and now can use that as pin to wake up device. (I found this out cause last fall has received unit and used only with ssh for a week or two with that very simple one digit password/pin.  Resuming my attention to device yesterday i was confounded that I could not get past the pin prompt on front panel but could no problem connect with ssh.  So changed password to the 6 digit version on something of a whim and it worked.)
FWIW, try a 6 digit password/pin. That is what i had to do when i found out I could login using ssh using a 1 digit password/pin but couldnt get through the pin prompt on on phone screen with that same 1 digit password/pin.
I finally got towboot installed and a recent Arch Linux on an SD card to boot from. 

That's up and running successfully.  
I mounted the partition and changed the password for the alarm user (the only one in /etc/shadow that had a password) to a 6 digit number. 
Upon reboot, it's still not accepting the password.

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Manjaro Plasma unstable branch glitch mburns 2 994 06-21-2023, 08:03 AM
Last Post: mburns
  Manjaro as shipped & camera? hambonius 1 849 06-20-2023, 02:26 PM
Last Post: fxc
  Manjaro Phosh - Tiny Blue Indicator Light - Blinking ArchiMark 2 873 06-11-2023, 04:12 PM
Last Post: ArchiMark
  Is Manjaro Plasma stable for anyone? projectcato 120 51,379 04-18-2023, 08:26 PM
Last Post: mburns
  Netfilter not working on latest manjaro kernel robocone 1 1,129 12-29-2022, 09:11 PM
Last Post: robocone
Exclamation PPP Unable to get default sink - outgoing calls auto disconnets in seconds Piotr 1 1,059 12-12-2022, 10:38 AM
Last Post: Piotr
  root password for manjaro Pine pro explorer edition HK order? Piotr 1 1,387 12-02-2022, 02:45 PM
Last Post: fxc
  PinePhone Pro Manjaro Plasma Mobile Beta 13 & No Audio with Phone Calls X0X0X0X0X0 0 1,049 11-02-2022, 02:09 PM
Last Post: X0X0X0X0X0
  manjaro or arch fox95 1 1,242 10-19-2022, 07:22 AM
Last Post: mikehenson
  Waydroid on PinePhone Pro PPP (Stock Manjaro Plasma) mhedhli 7 6,181 09-18-2022, 06:54 PM
Last Post: nroth