Feature Request
Lightbulb 
Dear PineTime community.

I have been in the shadows following the progress of Pine64 for quiet some item. Several years since the AOBs.

I am interested in acquiring a pinetime watch. How ever I follow a strict.. "time system"? If you would call it. 

I need "my watch" to display 'Day of year/week of year'. Example - Today March 9, 2022 would be W10 / D68. Also, an option to set the initial Week Day to Monday/Sunday would be great.

What would I need to do inorder to facilitate this type of feature? I can't code or anything the like of it. 

many thanks.
This sounds like something only you specifically will benefit from. It could take as long as a day to get the requirements (you mention nothing of year or time), design (the layout), code, test and bug fix.

If you cannot code, are unwilling to learn to code, and cannot convince a developer that your feature is worth their time to create - then you should put up money for their time in the form of a bounty.
(03-09-2022, 10:43 PM)barray Wrote: This sounds like something only you specifically will benefit from. It could take as long as a day to get the requirements (you mention nothing of year or time), design (the layout), code, test and bug fix.

If you cannot code, are unwilling to learn to code, and cannot convince a developer that your feature is worth their time to create - then you should put up money for their time in the form of a bounty.

What would something like this cost? I understand time, maintenance too? I'm sure some one would benefit from having W1/D1 under their calendar on the watch. 
If I were to learn how to code, what would I need to start with? Time is important, and If I can pay some one who would benefit from such then so be it. 

thanks.
i really like the simple way that info is displayed on casio watches like this one.

[Image: G7710-1_large.png]

on my wishlist was to make a watch-face for InfiniTime for that.
but taking into account, that devs counts every byte and rejected my commitment for the new languages support, i'm not sure such a change will be accepted (unless they really like the watch-face)
anyway, i'm not skilled in C/C++, so even if i will manage to write a working code for watch-face it will be for sure rejected because of lame-style Smile

but actually the main reason, is a lack of time for such experiments... for months...

so, that's why i'm still using the watch with 'Day of year/week of year' mode
Away
(03-11-2022, 04:50 PM)ITCactus Wrote: i really like the simple way that info is displayed on casio watches like this one.

on my wishlist was to make a watch-face for InfiniTime for that.
but taking into account, that devs counts every byte and rejected my commitment for the new languages support, i'm not sure such a change will be accepted (unless they really like the watch-face)
anyway, i'm not skilled in C/C++, so even if i will manage to write a working code for watch-face it will be for sure rejected because of lame-style Smile

but actually the main reason, is a lack of time for such experiments... for months...

so, that's why i'm still using the watch with 'Day of year/week of year' mode

I see. It seems like at this point, Money would solve this gap issue. Would love to, in the near future contribute "large" sums towards Pine64s development. Especially the PineReader! 

Thanks
(03-10-2022, 05:53 PM)duilns Wrote: What would something like this cost? I understand time, maintenance too? I'm sure some one would benefit from having W1/D1 under their calendar on the watch. 
If I were to learn how to code, what would I need to start with? Time is important, and If I can pay some one who would benefit from such then so be it. 

thanks.

I would go here and open a ticket: https://github.com/InfiniTimeOrg/InfiniTime/issues

Be very specific about exactly what you want and give an example interface if possible. Then offer to provide a bounty for the feature if required.

Bare in mind, you are not just asking for this code to be written once, but to actually be maintained indefinitely into the future. It's a surprisingly large ask.

As is pointed out, the code could be rejected for many reasons, including taking up too much of the precious RAM in the device. I believe all features are considered very carefully before being implemented.
(03-11-2022, 04:50 PM)ITCactus Wrote: i really like the simple way that info is displayed on casio watches like this one.

on my wishlist was to make a watch-face for InfiniTime for that...

and finally here we are
watchface inspired by G7710, with day of year and week number info #1122

[Image: 167451174-47129996-20ac-478e-947a-f131b177676c.jpg]
Away
(05-09-2022, 10:15 AM)ITCactus Wrote: and finally here we are

This is quite nice! Will you create a Merge Request for the PineTime repo?

Also where did you get that case from?
(05-10-2022, 04:21 AM)barray Wrote:
(05-09-2022, 10:15 AM)ITCactus Wrote: and finally here we are

This is quite nice! Will you create a Merge Request for the PineTime repo?

Also where did you get that case from?

actually, the PR is in the link

also, the build file for OTA update is also there...

but i'm pretty sure, the PR will not be merged, as the feature consumes a lot of memory Smile
hence the build file for OTA update is there, to have a fun right now Smile

regarding the case, that one is just for holding 2 pieces of devikit in one, and you can read about here
Away

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Hardware Request: A screenless data collection wearable (like the Whoop) croisca 1 1,078 01-28-2023, 08:01 AM
Last Post: wibble
Information [Urgent] RMA request for PineTime. apoorv569 1 1,994 07-28-2021, 02:37 AM
Last Post: Avamander
  Feature List barray 2 3,106 03-31-2020, 08:35 AM
Last Post: wibble