First time pine phone user
Hi Guys,

I've been on Linux on my laptop for about 2 years now and have never looked back. I recently bought a pine phone for my wife because I am sick of her iphone eavesdropping on us constantly. Apparently, Ubuntu Touch is the 'best' operating system to use on the pine phone so I flashed it to an sd card. It's great but when the phone goes to sleep, I can't bring it out of sleep without restarting the phone. Maybe it's because the system is not installed to the internal phone? Any way t bring it out of suspend without a reboot?

Any advice appreciated

Best Wishes

Matt
(03-09-2022, 02:06 AM)Matt73 Wrote: Hi Guys,

I've been on Linux on my laptop for about 2 years now and have never looked back. I recently bought a pine phone for my wife because I am sick of her iphone eavesdropping on us constantly. Apparently, Ubuntu Touch is the 'best' operating system to use on the pine phone so I flashed it to an sd card. It's great but when the phone goes to sleep, I can't bring it out of sleep without restarting the phone. Maybe it's because the system is not installed to the internal phone? Any way t bring it out of suspend without a reboot?

Any advice appreciated

Best Wishes

Matt

Try mobian my friend, imho much better than ubuntu touch.
Are you discussing an original Pine phone or the Explorer edition ?

Mobian recovers from suspend great on my original Pine phone, -- but freezes every time my Explorer goes into suspend.
As long as it is plugged in to a charger..... it runs great !

On my Pine Explorer the only OS that did not freeze on suspend that I have tried was Arch,
that was a December release ( i think.)
      LINUX = CHOICES
         **BCnAZ**
               Idea
   Donate to $upport
your favorite OS Team
(03-09-2022, 04:28 AM)bcnaz Wrote: Are you discussing an original Pine phone or the Explorer edition ?

Mobian recovers from suspend great on my original Pine phone,  --  but freezes every time my Explorer goes into suspend.
As long as it is plugged in to a charger.....  it runs great !

On my Pine Explorer the only OS that did not freeze on suspend that I have tried was Arch,
that was a December release ( i think.)

Hello Sir,

I have the pine phone beta. I fixed this problem having read about it elsewhere on the forum by updating and choosing a different release channel and now it works fine.

Thanks for trying to help me.

Best WIshes

Matt

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Article: NuttX RTOS for PinePhone: Feature Phone UI in LVGL, Zig and WebAssembly lupyuen 64 13,553 09-09-2023, 09:49 AM
Last Post: WhiteHexagon
  Article: NuttX RTOS for PinePhone: Phone Calls and Text Messages lupyuen 2 1,326 05-03-2023, 05:03 PM
Last Post: lupyuen
  Article: (Clickable) Call Graph for Apache NuttX Real-Time Operating System lupyuen 0 1,059 03-04-2023, 10:39 PM
  Video: Apache NuttX Real-Time Operating System for PinePhone lupyuen 0 1,229 02-07-2023, 07:35 PM
  [Stupid Question] Where is the phone camera software?! newusername 5 2,738 10-10-2022, 03:58 AM
Last Post: newusername
Question New user/phone here - initial update issues sexywheat 2 1,625 06-29-2022, 04:27 PM
Last Post: sexywheat
  Which apps can I run on this phone? poppyhodler 2 2,139 06-07-2022, 12:18 PM
Last Post: jenniferjohn12
  Phone Operation which SW Realease (mute funtion)? scrwbigtek 0 787 05-25-2022, 07:35 AM
Last Post: scrwbigtek
  Jami on the Pine phone ? bcnaz 7 5,451 04-03-2022, 12:10 PM
Last Post: Fish
  Response time generaluser 0 1,079 10-06-2021, 06:52 PM
Last Post: generaluser