Dead accelerometer
Hello,

It seems the accelerometer is dead on my PineTime. I have left my watch with an empty battery on my desk for 2-3 months. When I recharged it, the accelerometer gave 0 all the time and the step counter is also stuck to 0. I have noticed it with InfiniTime (v1.7.1 and v1.8.0). I have also tested with Wasp-OS with the same result. Otherwise the watch works very well.

Is there anybody who is experiencing the same failure? I believe there is not much I can do to fix it. Any help welcomed.

Antoine
There was an update with the accelerometer to account for a newer model in newer units, perhaps over at GitHub someone will be able to help.

But yeah, currently it does sound as though the chip is dead. If you are willing to try out soldering (warning: inherent risks involved), you can try ordering on AliExpress the exact model (I forget the newer model, which is slightly better, however mine is the BMA421) and replacing the existing one (if you don't already have a soldering station, you could get a Pinecil for that).
(01-09-2022, 02:56 PM)Antoine Wrote: Hello,

It seems the accelerometer is dead on my PineTime. I have left my watch with an empty battery on my desk for 2-3 months. When I recharged it, the accelerometer gave 0 all the time and the step counter is also stuck to 0. I have noticed it with InfiniTime (v1.7.1 and v1.8.0). I have also tested with Wasp-OS with the same result. Otherwise the watch works very well.

Is there anybody who is experiencing the same failure? I believe there is not much I can do to fix it. Any help welcomed.

Antoine

I have the PineTime for 5 days, it takes a little fall and same as you, the accelerometer seems to be dead. The step counter gave a huge amount of steps and stuck to 0 since I restarted the watch and the accelerometer stay at 0 for x,y and z. I tried to reload the InfiniTime v1.8.0 but nothing change.
Same problem here, has anyone had any luck repairing it?
Same. Any way to fix it without replacing the chip?
See this other thread for more info (but no solution so far)
Ditto, my accelerometer died. Seems after an extended dead battery - possibly a fall, but don't think so.
(07-25-2022, 06:23 AM)supaiku Wrote: Ditto, my accelerometer died. Seems after an extended dead battery - possibly a fall, but don't think so.

Same here. The accelerometer died and stays consistenty at 0 - no steps counted.