Still having problems w. Calls app - Speaker Phone not usable
Been having problems with the PPP and the PP speaker for phone call.  
Seems to have a lot of echos and the sound of running water.  

The other interface (without speaker) works fine but still cuts out occasionally.
(01-05-2022, 01:32 PM)iwm Wrote: Been having problems with the PPP and the PP speaker for phone call.  

The other interface (without speaker) works fine but still cuts out occasionally.

I turned down the microphone amplification in the sound settings,  that has reduced the feedback.

The only "Problem"  I have had,  is that I have run the battery dead a few times while on a call...

but with a spare battery or a charger, I have been able to resume those calls.

I am quite Lucky to have multiple Pinephones,  
.....on my "Daily Driver" Pinephone,  I have only added 'disks' and 'Modem Manager GUI' apps.
... that phone has been Very Dependable.  (using Mobian/Bookworm)

I do add stuff to my  "Test phones"   but that is when I see stuff "Break"....
As these are beta phones and beta operating systems, that is to be expected,   ...  is it Not  ?  ?

Perhaps everyone should have two Pinephones,   one to play with,   and one that just works. ?
      LINUX = CHOICES
         **BCnAZ**
               Idea
   Donate to $upport
your favorite OS Team
(01-05-2022, 05:58 PM)bcnaz Wrote:
(01-05-2022, 01:32 PM)iwm Wrote: Been having problems with the PPP and the PP speaker for phone call.  

I turned down the microphone amplification in the sound settings,  that has reduced the feedback.

The only "Problem"  I have had,  is that I have run the battery dead a few times while on a call...

but with a spare battery or a charger, I have been able to resume those calls.

I am quite Lucky to have multiple Pinephones,  
.....on my "Daily Driver" Pinephone,  I have only added 'disks' and 'Modem Manager GUI' apps.
... that phone has been Very Dependable.  (using Mobian/Bookworm)

I do add stuff to my  "Test phones"   but that is when I see stuff "Break"....
As these are beta phones and beta operating systems, that is to be expected,   ...  is it Not  ?  ?

Perhaps everyone should have two Pinephones,   one to play with,   and one that just works. ?

Agreed!  This depend on how many distros are being tested.
with Mobian, I use one test phone AND my daily driver, -- but for the rest I normally only use one test phone to test for function.

It can be useful to have multiple Pinephones when comparing OSes head to head & side by side.

Or perhaps comparing the same OS, but one with a new app. and one without the new app. ?
      LINUX = CHOICES
         **BCnAZ**
               Idea
   Donate to $upport
your favorite OS Team

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Pine Phone Pro audio on phone calls: discussion, support and tips apink 42 11,429 12-26-2023, 02:14 PM
Last Post: apink
  Guide to Suitable Phone State Borealid 19 10,226 09-18-2023, 07:00 AM
Last Post: robocone
Sad Couple of problems updating Ctrl_Amiga_1070 12 2,366 08-19-2023, 05:12 PM
Last Post: Ctrl_Amiga_1070
  Phone Attitude(Device orientation) lurkadillian 2 991 06-22-2023, 08:12 PM
Last Post: lurkadillian
  Any tips to improve the audio quality of calls on the PinePhone Pro? tux_life 2 1,454 05-12-2023, 12:58 PM
Last Post: alaraajavamma
  Pine Phone won't boot into recovery mode ninjapig26@gmail.com 3 1,674 02-18-2023, 06:14 PM
Last Post: fxc
  [Mobian] No return from locked phone arno_nuehm 1 975 02-06-2023, 07:57 AM
Last Post: arno_nuehm
  Making and receiving calls via command line Zotax 0 793 01-28-2023, 12:19 PM
Last Post: Zotax
  Phone shuts down unexpectedly Hobgoblin 3 1,520 12-20-2022, 01:11 PM
Last Post: Fish
Exclamation PPP Unable to get default sink - outgoing calls auto disconnets in seconds Piotr 1 1,059 12-12-2022, 10:38 AM
Last Post: Piotr