VPN for Arch Linux ARM?
I'm using ProtonVPN for Ubuntu and noticed it in the AUR for Arch Linux (X86).

Has a VPN with a GUI been successfully installed and used with Arch Linux ARM? What VPNs have been used so far with GUI or with the command line (has ProtonVPN been used with Arch ARM)?
VPN GUI on GNOME settings doesn't fit on mobile yet, but as for CLI VPNs they should work fine if it builds from source.
Find me in the forest, when I'm at my lowest. I don't really think you should continue..

HOLD YOUR BREATH.
(12-27-2021, 09:06 AM)Danct12 Wrote: VPN GUI on GNOME settings doesn't fit on mobile yet, but as for CLI VPNs they should work fine if it builds from source.

Thanks for the info.
(12-27-2021, 06:33 PM)tk1107 Wrote:
(12-27-2021, 09:06 AM)Danct12 Wrote: VPN GUI on GNOME settings doesn't fit on mobile yet, but as for CLI VPNs they should work fine if it builds from source.

Thanks for the info.

I haven't found a "-cli" version of VPN that will work. I'm trying with help from one VPN company, but there are still problems. I was told there is a "vpn-secrets" problem.

I have used the existing Gnome Settings/Network/VPN pane on another Linux version and it worked fine. I had to edit the nmconnections file for that server I wanted to use. I looked at the ArchLinux wiki, but the guide there did not help. I don't mind bypassing Gnome Keyring for now just to get me started on a vpn. Is there a how-to link for newbies? Thanks.
PIA VPN has a VPN GUI for ArchLinux ARM on their website. It seems to be working fine on my phone. As of right now, the file is named "pia-linux-arm64-3.2-06857.run". I installed Gnome Files to navigate my phone. When the PIA file is downloaded, I right clicked on it with my mouse through the convergence hub and set the permissions to run as a program. It should be a little check box at the bottom. I then opened a terminal and navigated to that directory I had downloaded it to and typed "./pia-linux-arm64-3.2-06857.run

There is a decimal point in front of the forward slash in the above command. The app installed by itself and looks like the one I have on my Ubuntu desktop. With the PinePhone version, you have to move the settings page around with your finger to see all of it (at least on mine it does), but it works well. It even has multi-hop server capability, killswitch, and other features.

Hopefully this helps some of the newbies (like me) to get started with a VPN if you want one. It's good to protect yourself at public wifi hotspots.

If there are any other VPNs (GUIs or CLIs) someone may find, or a VPN service that does work well with the basic command "sudo openvpn", please list them here. Thanks.
(01-03-2022, 05:50 PM)tk1107 Wrote: PIA VPN has a VPN GUI for ArchLinux ARM on their website. It seems to be working fine on my phone. As of right now, the file is named "pia-linux-arm64-3.2-06857.run". I installed Gnome Files to navigate my phone. When the PIA file is downloaded, I right clicked on it with my mouse through the convergence hub and set the permissions to run as a program. It should be a little check box at the bottom. I then opened a terminal and navigated to that directory I had downloaded it to and typed "./pia-linux-arm64-3.2-06857.run

There is a decimal point in front of the forward slash in the above command. The app installed by itself and looks like the one I have on my Ubuntu desktop. With the PinePhone version, you have to move the settings page around with your finger to see all of it (at least on mine it does), but it works well. It even has multi-hop server capability, killswitch, and other features.

Hopefully this helps some of the newbies (like me) to get started with a VPN if you want one. It's good to protect yourself at public wifi hotspots.

If there are any other VPNs (GUIs or CLIs) someone may find, or a VPN service that does work well with the basic command "sudo openvpn", please list them here. Thanks.

I'm using Mullvad VPN now for my PinePhone (pre-Pro model). There is a command line installation described on the Mullvad site. I wanted a Wireguard VPN and this is it. I also use their VPN on my router, Android Graphene_OS phone, and Ubuntu NUC. They have two command line installation methods and I took the easy version. It has a killswitch. The Wireguard VPN is easy to install and gives me an instant on VPN. I used the configuration generator on their website for my PinePhone. This VPN is extremely fast on all of my devices and is saving battery charge, I noticed. For $5 a month, you can configure 5 keys. For me, that means five devices. They have multi-hop, too. There were regular apps for my Ubuntu NUC and Android phone. I'm satisfied.

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Updating Arch Linux _radv_ 8 558 02-20-2024, 09:35 AM
Last Post: _radv_
  PinePhone AND/OR PinePhone Pro Arch Complete Install and Setup mikehenson 2 2,042 01-14-2024, 08:43 AM
Last Post: shifras
  How to install arch with FDE user641 3 637 01-11-2024, 10:18 PM
Last Post: Kevin Kofler
  How to find software app, on Arch Phosh? general_lee 5 1,793 10-15-2023, 10:12 PM
Last Post: Kevin Kofler
  Arch auto mount usb example Lazy_one 2 2,759 10-06-2023, 09:36 AM
Last Post: luppivega
  Arch with FDE user641 1 834 07-29-2023, 08:27 AM
Last Post: alpineduck
  No keyboard on Arch Plasma when entering password on document Chief 0 797 12-03-2022, 08:35 PM
Last Post: Chief
  Curious About Arch Ferriah 2 2,052 11-07-2022, 04:38 PM
Last Post: Ferriah
  Latest version Arch Plasma looks good. Chief 5 2,306 10-23-2022, 01:53 PM
  Evolution no longer runs on Arch Phosh. Chief 2 1,301 10-17-2022, 07:22 AM