Streamlined jmms install
jmms is a memory-safe script to receive and view MMS messages (all types: group threads and multimedia) and unclog your message queue for SMS.

I've been developing and using it for a year now and it's been great at doing one thing well.

I've gotten feedback from a few people that install was a barrier to them being able to use it, so I've put some effort into hopefully making installation drastically simpler - at least on Mobian. It should be pretty simple to reuse the code to support other distros - merge requests very welcome!

The new instructions are here: https://git.sr.ht/~amindfv/jmms#installation

Enjoy, and feel free to let me know if you encounter issues - either here or on the bug tracker!
FWIW, I thought your original instructions would still be easier than compiling mmsd (I think it's called). Anyway, now it looks even easier. So maybe I'll finally get around to doing something in this department.[0]

At any rate, thanks for sharing your work!. Smile I liked the original name. It's always good to bump into fellow Sourcehut users out here in the wild, as well as seeing more links to projects there. Smile

Cheers!

[0] I mostly use XMPP, so it hasn't been a priority.
Cheers,
TRS-80

What is Free Software and why is it so important for society?

Protocols, not Platforms

For the most Linux-y experience on your Linux phone, try SXMO!

I am (nominally) the Armbian Maintainer for PineBook Pro (although severely lacking in time these days).

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Struggle to install LibreOffice on the PinePhone Peter Gamma 48 23,665 11-24-2023, 07:02 AM
Last Post: Peter Gamma
  changing from bullseye to bookworm to install mmsd-tng jyoung 8 2,871 04-09-2023, 06:08 PM
Last Post: zetabeta
  Install OS Permanently ismkdc 1 1,353 03-20-2023, 01:13 PM
Last Post: fxc
  install packages pamac anbox neithan76 0 698 07-18-2022, 07:13 AM
Last Post: neithan76
  Anbox: install Google Services sonic 0 1,931 02-07-2021, 04:45 AM
Last Post: sonic
  Install OS directly to eMMC? tahayassen 11 15,877 10-10-2020, 03:56 PM
Last Post: electricprism