alarm-sxmo brightness
I recently replaced Manjaro Plamo with pmOS SXMO, which was way more stable and way quicker, and doesn't suffer from the touch to unlock problem Plamo still has as well as the heating and battery sucking problem Phosh has (crust is the workaround, but it's not optimal when it comes to usability).

However, I don't like the lack of available apps in the repos, so I gave Arch ARM SXMO a try.
The performance is slightly worse, but so far I like it much more than the pmOS one.

However, I'm still trying to figure how to enable Fcitx and how to get Gajim to work. but at least I got them installed, which is already way further than what I got with pmOS in which both of the apps are uninstallable.
Not only because they don't exist in the repos, on top of that you can't build those from source too.
But this is my homework, and perhaps provide a way to get it to work if people are interested in it.

One problem that maybe the community would know: I can't change the brightness.
Brightness is too low, and when trying to make it brighter, brightness doesn't change and the value always seems to start from 0 for some reason.
In pmOS setting brightness works like a charm.

Maybe related, but in both pmOS and Arch as soon as you "rotate" the screen from portrait to landscape, the screen turns pitch black.
In Arch, the only way to fix it is to reboot the phone via SSH so it boots up in portrait again.
In pmOS, the only way to fix it is to re-flash and re-install the entire OS altogether.
But considering that pmOS seems to remember this setting while Arch doesn't, I do suspect that the problems with brightness is perhaps related?
母語は日本語ですが、英語も喋れます(ry
What about /usr/bin/sxmo_brightness.sh setvalue 100
(10-17-2021, 08:12 PM)ryo Wrote: I recently replaced Manjaro Plamo with pmOS SXMO, which was way more stable and way quicker, and doesn't suffer from the touch to unlock problem Plamo still has as well as the heating and battery sucking problem Phosh has (crust is the workaround, but it's not optimal when it comes to usability).

However, I don't like the lack of available apps in the repos, so I gave Arch ARM SXMO a try.
The performance is slightly worse, but so far I like it much more than the pmOS one.

However, I'm still trying to figure how to enable Fcitx and how to get Gajim to work. but at least I got them installed, which is already way further than what I got with pmOS in which both of the apps are uninstallable.
Not only because they don't exist in the repos, on top of that you can't build those from source too.
But this is my homework, and perhaps provide a way to get it to work if people are interested in it.

One problem that maybe the community would know: I can't change the brightness.
Brightness is too low, and when trying to make it brighter, brightness doesn't change and the value always seems to start from 0 for some reason.
In pmOS setting brightness works like a charm.

Maybe related, but in both pmOS and Arch as soon as you "rotate" the screen from portrait to landscape, the screen turns pitch black.
In Arch, the only way to fix it is to reboot the phone via SSH so it boots up in portrait again.
In pmOS, the only way to fix it is to re-flash and re-install the entire OS altogether.
But considering that pmOS seems to remember this setting while Arch doesn't, I do suspect that the problems with brightness is perhaps related?

I've been enjoying how responsive sxmo is on pmOS, was considering trying the alarm-sxmo option for an arch install. I've also seen the almost slow fade to blackout lock during roations, however, I've been able to recover it (sdcard install) by holding power button to force off without reflash.
(10-18-2021, 01:30 PM)--- Wrote: What about /usr/bin/sxmo_brightness.sh setvalue 100

Code:
~ /usr/bin/sxmo_brightness.sh setvalue 100
/usr/bin/sxmo_brightness.sh: 行 12: light: コマンドが見つかりません
/usr/bin/sxmo_brightness.sh: 行 8: light: コマンドが見つかりません

コマンドが見つかりません=command not found.

So I did "yay -S light", and now it works.
Thanks!

(10-18-2021, 03:01 PM)Skylead Wrote: I've been enjoying how responsive sxmo is on pmOS, was considering trying the alarm-sxmo option for an arch install. I've also seen the almost slow fade to blackout lock during roations, however, I've been able to recover it (sdcard install) by holding power button to force off without reflash.

When it comes to responsiveness, I'd say Arch feels just slightly slower.
But I'm willing to live with a 5% slower system in exchange for 500% bigger repository.
母語は日本語ですが、英語も喋れます(ry
I'm currently doing some cleanup for a new Arch Linux sxmo image, stay tuned.
Find me in the forest, when I'm at my lowest. I don't really think you should continue..

HOLD YOUR BREATH.
(10-20-2021, 10:02 PM)Danct12 Wrote: I'm currently doing some cleanup for a new Arch Linux sxmo image, stay tuned.

Looking forward for that. (^ω^)b
母語は日本語ですが、英語も喋れます(ry
(10-23-2021, 03:44 AM)ryo Wrote:
(10-20-2021, 10:02 PM)Danct12 Wrote: I'm currently doing some cleanup for a new Arch Linux sxmo image, stay tuned.

The latest build should now have sxmo image, please try it out and let me know.
Find me in the forest, when I'm at my lowest. I don't really think you should continue..

HOLD YOUR BREATH.
(10-24-2021, 07:24 AM)Danct12 Wrote:
(10-23-2021, 03:44 AM)ryo Wrote:

The latest build should now have sxmo image, please try it out and let me know.

Tried it out, feels more responsive than the barebones + sxmo-alarm install script. ~/.config/sxmo/xinit changes are working. One issue that persists is the dmenu sometimes populates blank (Don't see this issue on the pmOS sxmo). Notifications on brightness change are rendering in a bit off. Also noticed firefox wasn't installed (intentional?). Screen rotation seems to be working better than on pmOS. I was able to get a few soft locks on this build so overall not as stable as pmOS in general non-rotation usage, maybe that's the real cause of the first issue I mentioned.

I'm testing on convergence edition off the sdcard if it matters.

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  New AUR package for Birdie (wake-from-suspended alarm) lisael 2 1,781 01-22-2022, 04:28 PM
Last Post: lisael
  Sxmo with Wayland support released! lat 1 1,487 11-16-2021, 10:06 AM
Last Post: Danct12
  auto-brightness problem phone screen going to completely dim DonF22 6 8,985 05-11-2021, 07:00 PM
Last Post: Timothy_Ecc