Flashlight/Torch
Why is it that all the other distributions have figured out how to use the Torch icon in the drop-down but Mobian still uses a stand-alone Flashlight app?
(10-13-2021, 10:47 AM)Barugon Wrote: Why is it that all the other distributions have figured out how to use the Torch icon in the drop-down but Mobian still uses a stand-alone Flashlight app?

The torch icon moved to the drop-down quite some time ago. Are you using a pre Bookworm version of Mobian?
It works just fine on Bookworm.
(10-13-2021, 03:17 PM)ragreenburg Wrote: It works just fine on Bookworm.

The installer I downloaded was from here. Is there a more up-to-date installer? I also tried this and there's nothing:

Code:
sudo apt update
sudo apt upgrade
sudo apt dist-upgrade

[edit] Never mind. I found some information about upgrading on the Mobian blog.
(10-14-2021, 07:49 PM)Barugon Wrote:
(10-13-2021, 03:17 PM)ragreenburg Wrote: It works just fine on Bookworm.

The installer I downloaded was from here. Is there a more up-to-date installer? I also tried this and there's nothing:

Code:
sudo apt update
sudo apt upgrade
sudo apt dist-upgrade

[edit] Never mind. I found some information about upgrading on the Mobian blog.
It should be more clear, that's for sure. I honestly didn't even know there was a mobian blog until someone referred me to it a few weeks after they upgraded to Bookworm. Before then I had spent a few weeks without any updates and was super confused.
(10-15-2021, 02:07 PM)ragreenburg Wrote: It should be more clear, that's for sure. I honestly didn't even know there was a mobian blog until someone referred me to it a few weeks after they upgraded to Bookworm. Before then I had spent a few weeks without any updates and was super confused.

The installer should be updated to install the latest. Anyway, it's all sorted now.
(10-16-2021, 12:47 PM)Barugon Wrote:
(10-15-2021, 02:07 PM)ragreenburg Wrote: It should be more clear, that's for sure. I honestly didn't even know there was a mobian blog until someone referred me to it a few weeks after they upgraded to Bookworm. Before then I had spent a few weeks without any updates and was super confused.

The installer should be updated to install the latest. Anyway, it's all sorted now.

I think the reason they haven't is just because Bookworm is much more unstable than Bullseye so they want to give it a couple months for everything to settle down beforehand. Glad that you now have your flashlight working though!

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Flashlight application a-wai 24 27,233 07-08-2020, 07:57 AM
Last Post: cefre00