*urgent help*calls and gnome-conatcs gone after update
I was so happy today with so many packages updates, but after the reboot calls geary and gnome-contacts were missing, I tried to reinstall and got "dipends on packages libfolks-eds25(>=0.14) and libfolks25(>=0.14), but not installable" "impossible to correct the problem, the packages are dammaged and broken" (I was translating the output of the terminal, those may not be exact words)
(09-11-2021, 12:13 AM)user641 Wrote: I was so happy today with so many packages updates, but after the reboot calls geary and gnome-contacts were missing, I tried to reinstall and got "dipends on packages libfolks-eds25(>=0.14) and libfolks25(>=0.14), but not installable" "impossible to correct the problem, the packages are dammaged and broken" (I was translating the output of the terminal, those may not be exact words)

libfolks25 having been removed from testing and some applications under arm have not yet been modified and still use libfolks25, wouldn't it be interesting to temporarily take the mirror of sid for libfolks25?
(09-11-2021, 12:13 AM)user641 Wrote: I was so happy today with so many packages updates, but after the reboot calls geary and gnome-contacts were missing, I tried to reinstall and got "dipends on packages libfolks-eds25(>=0.14) and libfolks25(>=0.14), but not installable" "impossible to correct the problem, the packages are dammaged and broken" (I was translating the output of the terminal, those may not be exact words)

I have two Mobian phones out of working order at the moment.
My test phone with the September 11 nightly release,  and
My 'driver phone' with September 02 nightly + updates.

IF you have a 'working' phone with mobian installed,  TURN OFF updates until this is resolved !!!

My updated phone can still receive and reply to "existing text messages", but the voice phone will not function, in or out.
No dial pad or contact book.

My test phone has NO communications that function, many areas in "settings" are now grayed out.
      LINUX = CHOICES
         **BCnAZ**
               Idea
   Donate to $upport
your favorite OS Team
You can download gnome-calls and gnome-contacts packages
change dependencies from libfolks25 to libfolks26 (dpkg-deb -R gnome-calls<blabla>.deb gnome-calls, change a file in DEBIAN directory)
Create package (dpkg-deb -b gnome-calls)
Link libfolks26 libs as libfolks25

Install, it should work
(09-11-2021, 05:17 PM)bcnaz Wrote: IF you have a 'working' phone with mobian installed,  TURN OFF updates until this is resolved !!!

a wise proposal

A  GUI  Fix !

Big Grin
It may not be a complete "FIX"

But I simply went to the onboard 'Software Store'

and download/installed the 'Contacts'  and 'calls'  apps...

> After a restart the icons are back on the screen where they were.

All the info is in my contacts and even all the recent calls show-up.

Voice calls both directions and sms text are functioning

What a relief ...

That was using the wifi
      LINUX = CHOICES
         **BCnAZ**
               Idea
   Donate to $upport
your favorite OS Team
(09-12-2021, 11:48 AM)bcnaz Wrote:

A  GUI  Fix !

Big Grin
It may not be a complete "FIX"

But I simply went to the onboard 'Software Store'

and download/installed the 'Contacts'  and 'calls'  apps...

> After a restart the icons are back on the screen where they were.

All the info is in my contacts and even all the recent calls show-up.

Voice calls both directions and sms text are functioning

What a relief ...

That was using the wifi
It was fixed I could install them this morning...
Here I have the opposite problem.
I'm on Mobian stable, and now geary, gnome-calls, and gnome-contacts cannot be updated due to the lack of libfolks26 (only libfolks25 exists in the stable repo).
Out of the 3, I only use Geary.
母語は日本語ですが、英語も喋れます(ry
hmm...
(after that last update those items did just disappear.)
but

I just browsed the onboard software store, they were listed there, but NOT shown as 'installed'.

So I installed each of them, and everything seems back to normal. ? (after a restart)

OH.... I did not install Geary, at least for now, I am just using webmail for the time being.
      LINUX = CHOICES
         **BCnAZ**
               Idea
   Donate to $upport
your favorite OS Team
(09-12-2021, 10:55 PM)bcnaz Wrote: hmm...
(after that last update those items did just disappear.)
  but

I just browsed the onboard software store,  they were listed there,  but NOT shown as 'installed'.

So I installed each of them,  and everything seems back to normal.  ? (after a restart)

OH....  I did not install Geary,  at least for now,    I am just using webmail for the time being.

You can install geary from flatpak in worse case scenario

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  gnome-control-center: segmentation fault on startup jojuma 4 942 09-12-2023, 08:49 AM
Last Post: jojuma
  how to update mobian over tor vusra 13 6,540 07-09-2023, 08:57 PM
Last Post: vusra
  Wifi doesn't work after update nickolas 2 1,138 04-14-2023, 10:07 AM
Last Post: nickolas
  PinePhone won't boot after software update jb2000 2 1,248 03-17-2023, 07:26 AM
Last Post: Zebulon Walton
Exclamation Impossible to login since the latest update anonymous 12 3,905 02-26-2023, 01:01 PM
Last Post: anonymous
  No audio on calls after updating today Zebulon Walton 10 4,002 12-12-2022, 09:55 PM
Last Post: BaronAlbatross
Exclamation The latest update of eg25-manager seems to cause frequent disconnections anonymous 12 4,030 11-28-2022, 03:30 PM
Last Post: anonymous
  Dist-upgrade and Chatty vs Gnome-Contacts biketool 9 3,804 09-30-2022, 08:53 PM
Last Post: treebeard
  Wifi issue since last update and held back updates goku499 11 4,999 09-21-2022, 02:39 PM
Last Post: Katsujinken
  [SOLVED] Lost Internet connectivity after recent update drh 3 1,757 09-11-2022, 09:24 PM
Last Post: Katsujinken