Extreme disappointement with Pine's shipping department
(08-10-2021, 12:40 AM)tllim Wrote: Instead of waiting current batch return from New Zealand, Pine Store has arranged to reship another new PinePhone batch from factory today and sales team will provide the update few hours later. Every affected buyer will received new DHL airway bill by Thursday (August 11) from shipping team or DHL.

Hopefully this resolved the conspiracy concern.

I am more approaching it as a security thought exercise on how we can best bench test with common tools, such as a serial reader or a logic analyzer, a device presenting itself as a standard pinephone.  It is more to get familiar with the deeper hardware function than any connection to this particular case. At least with the pinephone this is even worth asking vs even a N900 or a lost cause black box like an adroid or apple phone.
(deleted)

(08-09-2021, 01:39 PM)kqlnut Wrote: This long, but interesting article about potential ways of securing the PinePhone might be of interest here.

That is a great article! thanks!
For me secure boot bit and loosing THE key soft bricking my device is like the horrible feeling I have that I did not secure the wallet and password in the early days(btc<$1) of bitcoin and I have at least 30-40BTC lost in the ether.(edit) that article is absolutely delightful, again big thanks! I only wish it also went deep into re-safing a device which has been through an evil-maid situation.
I liked your virtue signaling with the vaxxine, in the same way that those philanthropic vaxxine companies do not provide a sample of the product for inspection(let alone that you wouldn't be able to understand the potential risks after the "analysis"), you could stand first in line for an i-phone 13 with contact tracing, sidewalk accessory networking etc, and just reverse engineer it for "curiosity sake", though philanthropic Apple too prohibits such "curiosity" actions....
(08-10-2021, 06:20 AM)mouffa Wrote: I liked your virtue signaling with the vaxxine, in the same way that those philanthropic vaxxine companies do not provide a sample of the product for inspection(let alone that you wouldn't be able to understand the potential risks after the "analysis"), you could stand first in line for an i-phone 13 with contact tracing, sidewalk accessory networking etc, and just reverse engineer it for "curiosity sake", though philanthropic Apple too prohibits such "curiosity" actions....

I see your point, it is off topic and am editing that example out.
I didn't point the "off-topicness" but the "non sequitur-ness" of the statements, as I stated previously I will be flooding the forum with "conspiracy" until total and irreversible ban.
Not anymore they won't. (Pro-tip: don't be rude to mods when you get a warning.)

Let's please return this thread to topic, or I'll just shut it down.
This was a DHL issue pine64s customer service was responsive in my case and did their best under the circumstances of newzeland quarantining their shipment.
Some day, we'll have technology to just teleport goods between merchent and customer directly, which would cut mail delivery and governments out of the picture entirely.
母語は日本語ですが、英語も喋れます(ry

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Writing apps/programs for pine phone katesfb 7 4,740 03-11-2024, 10:42 PM
Last Post: Emelia525
  How To Access the Pine Phone Auxillary microSD Without Removing Card pinephoneuser22 2 790 01-09-2024, 07:02 PM
Last Post: britelite
  Pine company idea aular 9 1,612 12-07-2023, 12:32 AM
Last Post: KC9UDX
  Can the Pine Phone be serviced and updated remotely? profileyourcity 3 989 10-02-2023, 05:19 PM
Last Post: Zebulon Walton
  UBports on pine phone? robb777 16 3,407 09-01-2023, 04:26 AM
Last Post: gregb49
  Loving my pine phone after about a year of not undata 0 655 05-11-2023, 02:23 PM
Last Post: undata
  pine phone external speaker AnAbolitionist 9 3,203 02-08-2023, 01:11 AM
Last Post: robb777
  new to pine phone and struggling neverdimed 8 2,654 11-25-2022, 05:01 PM
Last Post: neverdimed
  Pine Phone Doesn't Recognize New MicroSD Card _radv_ 3 1,306 11-23-2022, 05:19 AM
Last Post: _radv_
  Shipping Updates curtisg 0 748 07-26-2022, 12:26 PM
Last Post: curtisg