inhibit suspend mode
Hello again,
Is there any way to configure suspend? My alarm didn't go off yesterday, I found a missed call, and I have my perennial problem of not being able to play more than 1 song before manjaro-arm phosh beta 11 goes into suspend mode. Thanks.
(06-12-2021, 08:41 AM)Rainer Wrote: Hello again,
Is there any way to configure suspend? My alarm didn't go off yesterday, I found a missed call, and I have my perennial problem of not being able to play more than 1 song before manjaro-arm phosh beta 11 goes into suspend mode. Thanks.
You could just disable automatic suspend in the power settings (there are different settings for when on battery and when connected to a charger; suspend is already inhibited by default in the latter case). According to this discussion, you can also achieve this with gnome-session-inhibit:
Code:
gnome-session-inhibit command # inhibit suspend and keep screen on until command finishes
gnome-session-inhibit --inhibit suspend command # inhibit suspend, but let screen turn off until command finishes
gnome-session-inhibit --inhibit-only # inhibit suspend and keep screen on indefinitely
This might be more useful to inhibit suspend for specific apps. The --inhibit option lets you choose what to inhibit (idle is default, so if you just want to inhibit suspend without keeping the screen on, e. g. for playing music, use the suspend argument for that option). For launching apps with the icon from the home screen you could add this command to the .desktop file in /usr/share/applications to have them always inhibit suspend.
Unfortunately this will inhibit suspend as long as an app is running, not just as long as e. g. music is playing. So make sure to close the app to reactivate suspend (note that some apps may keep running in the background even though their windows are closed).

For alarms it wouldn't be feasible to have the phone not suspend at all. Use wake-mobile instead, it's an alarm app that will ring even if the phone is suspended. Calls should always wake up the phone (but I believe that sometimes I believe I have the problem that the ringtone isn't audible).
thanks for the info. looked again and found that inhibit suspend option in settings-power.

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Flight mode turns off wifi but not the modem (cellular) jojuma 2 1,286 02-28-2023, 01:58 PM
Last Post: calinb
  Dock,launcher in convergent mode 112113101098101077 0 1,373 03-07-2021, 06:38 AM
Last Post: 112113101098101077
  Plasma Mobile airplane / aeroplane mode / mobile off dcinoz 4 3,722 02-25-2021, 03:46 AM
Last Post: dcinoz
  Plasma Mobile phone rings first ring from suspend! dcinoz 0 1,424 02-22-2021, 03:43 AM
Last Post: dcinoz