First access denied
Hello, just got my PBP. Strong and cool. Like it very much.
Unfotunately, once completed the Manjaro ARM install few initial screens, never had the first access... Huh
Tried everything, username, full name, password, password for root: always access denied.
Got a picture with my phone of the "Finish Manjaro ARM Instal" summary (the last of the initial screens): I'm using the right UN e PW.
Any idea about what happened?
And I can I fix it? Just flashing SD card with a new image of Manjaro ARM? And the eMMC?

Thanks.
>Got a picture with my phone of the
Is this a phone or PBP?
Check that your password is as typed, open a vt (C-A-F3), instead of username, type password
Is this what you expected??
Often come set up for EN-UK rather then EN-US kb
Make the new password all numbers, change when kb is correct (if you have to re-install)
But, by seeing what is typed, you may be able to get logged in
systemsettings5 to change kb
(06-02-2021, 10:28 AM)wdt Wrote: >Got a picture with my phone of the
Is this a phone or PBP?
Check that your password is as typed, open a vt (C-A-F3), instead of username, type password
Is this what you expected??
Often come set up for EN-UK rather then EN-US kb
Make the new password all numbers, change when kb is correct (if you have to re-install)
But, by seeing what is typed, you may be able to get logged in
systemsettings5 to change kb

Hello wdt,
first of all, thanks for you help.

Used my Pine Phone: the camera, after a few setups (I read the Martijn Braam page) works fine. In any case, in the last "Finish Manjaro ARM Install" screen summary, passwords are not visible.

Unfortunately, still no access.

Tried the CTRL+ALT+F3 solution: the password (just letters, capital and lowercase, while the user name is just numbers and space) on the screen is correct.
Anyway, in the screenshot summary I got, I can read "keyboard layout = US".

Didn't command "systemsetting5": the keyboard writes what I type.

Maybe, as you said, the first password must be just numbers (it would be interesting to know if someone else had my problem and if my problem can be a general problem during the first access). Besides, the default password on Pine Phone (Mobian and Phosh) is just numbers...

Now? Guess I have to flash a SD with Manjaro ARM (or is it possible to restart again the install process, in some way?) and to fix the internal eMMC (any suggestions for the last)?

Thanks again.
If a uSD will boot, then you can make emmc passwordless
search shadow or passwordless
In short, boot SD, su, mount emmc, edit emmc/etc/shadow

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Private Internet Access VPN on Pinebook Pro 11Eleven 13 14,928 10-27-2020, 05:35 PM
Last Post: AronShap
  Can't access login evj 3 4,065 02-03-2020, 07:01 AM
Last Post: FeMike
  The usage/access of the SPI flash aaspectre 2 3,651 01-06-2020, 08:14 AM
Last Post: aaspectre