Switching your PineTime between InfiniTime and Wasp-os
Hey all! Many people want to try both Infinitime and Wasp-os. They hear about the reloader, but then find out that the reloader-factory.zip in Wasp-os 0.4 is broken, and building your own usually fails. There is some information about that, but not everyone can find it. That's the goal of this forum post.

The short version: don't use reloader-factory.zip, use the zip from here instead.

This does not contain full InfiniTime, only the recovery. This arrangement is necessary due to the size, but also allows you to flash any future release of InfiniTime without having to find a new reloader zip. After flashing this reloader zip and letting the reloader finish, hold the button until the pinecone turns red to reboot into recovery, then flash the latest InfiniTime.

The long version with step-by-step instructions and pictures for switching in both directions is on the wiki: https://wiki.pine64.org/wiki/Switching_y...nd_Wasp-os
(05-30-2021, 06:55 PM)Peetz0r Wrote: Hey all! Many people want to try both Infinitime and Wasp-os. They hear about the reloader, but then find out that the reloader-factory.zip in Wasp-os 0.4 is broken, and building your own usually fails. There is some information about that, but not everyone can find it. That's the goal of this forum post.

The short version: don't use reloader-factory.zip, use the zip from here instead.

This does not contain full InfiniTime, only the recovery. This arrangement is necessary due to the size, but also allows you to flash any future release of InfiniTime without having to find a new reloader zip. After flashing this reloader zip and letting the reloader finish, hold the button until the pinecone turns red to reboot into recovery, then flash the latest InfiniTime.

The long version with step-by-step instructions and pictures for switching in both directions is on the wiki: https://wiki.pine64.org/wiki/Switching_y...nd_Wasp-os

Thanks for the report.

I have reissued wasp-os binaries with a correctly compiled reloader-factory.zip (and I fixed the dependancies errors in the build system that resulted in my miscompiling the wasp-os-0.4 release in the first place): https://github.com/daniel-thompson/wasp-...s/tag/v0.4

I have also enabled the new bootloader in the wasp-os CI builds so using reloader-factory.zip from the overnight builds will provide the latest bootloader and Infinitime Lite (the recovery only version): CI build (ensure you are logged into github and follow the link to the most recent “workflow run results” and then scroll down to find the artifacts). The current overnight builds will also try install the recovery firmware to the SPINOR recovery slot (e.g. which is need for the advanced anti-bricking features of the latest bootloader to work correctly) however I have not been able to prove this works (during testing my device was unable to switch to recovery image... but also was unable to switch to secondary slot too so not too sure what it happening there).

Out of interest has device recovery been tested with the Peetz0r builds (e.g. with full Infinitime in primary and secondary slots and Infinitime lite in the recovery slot)
PineTime: wasp-os and MicroPython, Pinebook Pro:  Debian Bullseye

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
Information How to: add support for Polish and Ukrainian to notifications on InfiniTime ITCactus 0 2,478 04-05-2022, 08:58 AM
Last Post: ITCactus
  PineTime BLE connection pinemike 2 3,187 01-19-2022, 07:45 AM
Last Post: pinemike
  Amazfish connect to pinetime espenbo 0 1,291 09-25-2021, 04:58 PM
Last Post: espenbo
  Switching between two PineTime in Wasp-os Mpoint 4 5,750 06-28-2021, 07:39 AM
Last Post: Mpoint
  Flashing PineTime with 3rd party bootloader Mpoint 2 4,381 04-07-2021, 08:37 AM
Last Post: wibble
  First time working on the PineTime Dev Kit Msaulnier1 3 5,285 02-10-2021, 06:13 PM
Last Post: Msaulnier1
  Article: Visual Rust for PineTime Smart Watch lupyuen 1 4,346 03-09-2020, 05:47 PM
Last Post: tllim
  Article: CHIP-8 Game Emulator in Rust for PineTime Smart Watch lupyuen 0 2,800 03-04-2020, 08:13 PM
Last Post: lupyuen
  Article: Debug RIOT-OS on PineTime with VSCode lupyuen 0 2,707 02-02-2020, 01:43 AM
  Article: Debug Rust+Mynewt Firmware for PineTime on Raspberry Pi lupyuen 4 6,420 01-24-2020, 05:20 AM