How does calls work in debian?
Calls and sms/mms works in plasma, manjaro.. Quite good! Is it not the same on debian at all? I would prefer debian, and will use it when it becomes good enough.
Calls and SMS work on mobian already. I don't know about MMS, though. Haven't tested them.
(05-27-2021, 03:20 PM)vortex Wrote: Calls and SMS work on mobian already. I don't know about MMS, though. Haven't tested them.
Nice. does it work good? I read that t takes a long time if someone calls.. That might not be the case. can you pick up a call in mobian? I need to try that one then! But MMS needs to work. Does it work as good as in manjaro? Is so i will try it.. Does anyone know? Thanks!
(05-29-2021, 11:52 AM)temp0rary Wrote:
(05-27-2021, 03:20 PM)vortex Wrote: Calls and SMS work on mobian already. I don't know about MMS, though. Haven't tested them.
Nice. does it work good? I read that t takes a long time if someone calls.. That might not be the case. can you pick up a call in mobian? I need to try that one then! But MMS needs to work. Does it work as good as in manjaro? Is so i will try it.. Does anyone know? Thanks!

First SMS I ended up getting three times. But other ones since, no. But I haven't gotten many and most were from my carrier.

Haven't tested MMS. There is a good chance my carrier has sent one and I haven't seen it. They are the only ones who ever send me MMS.

As for phone calls, they definitely work. Phone wakeup was a bit long at first but has improved a bit with some updates. That and getting used to how to answer the call. Calling works as well.

That all said, I am currently struggling with a sound issue during my calls. My microphone is recording a frequency comb that gets transmitted to the other party and makes it hard for them to hear me. Trying to narrow down the cause and find a way to mitigate it.

As far as Manjaro, I only briefly tried the distro before wiping it. Either I didn't know how to make it work, or it just wasn't working very well for me. Also, I wanted full disk encryption and mobian was one of the few that made that easy. So, I switched before I got a chance to try calling with Manjaro.
(05-30-2021, 05:24 AM)vortex Wrote:
(05-29-2021, 11:52 AM)temp0rary Wrote:

Quote:First SMS I ended up getting three times. But other ones since, no. But I haven't gotten many and most were from my carrier.

Haven't tested MMS. There is a good chance my carrier has sent one and I haven't seen it. They are the only ones who ever send me MMS.

As for phone calls, they definitely work. Phone wakeup was a bit long at first but has improved a bit with some updates. That and getting used to how to answer the call. Calling works as well.

That all said, I am currently struggling with a sound issue during my calls. My microphone is recording a frequency comb that gets transmitted to the other party and makes it hard for them to hear me. Trying to narrow down the cause and find a way to mitigate it.

As far as Manjaro, I only briefly tried the distro before wiping it. Either I didn't know how to make it work, or it just wasn't working very well for me. Also, I wanted full disk encryption and mobian was one of the few that made that easy. So, I switched before I got a chance to try calling with Manjaro.

I tried it, and there where no issues at all for me. Not even long wakeups for calls.. Everything just worked for me. Wink Mobian is way cleaner then manjaro in my opinion, i like it more..

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  wwan0 (SIM interface) doesn't work with OpenVPN nickolas 6 1,978 09-05-2023, 11:16 AM
Last Post: nickolas
  Problem with updates: Repository 'Debian bookworm' changed its 'non-free component' Anna 7 1,913 08-31-2023, 12:38 PM
Last Post: vusra
  Chatty does not work after suspend mode user641 4 1,784 07-18-2023, 10:43 AM
Last Post: alaraajavamma
  Wifi doesn't work after update nickolas 2 1,138 04-14-2023, 10:07 AM
Last Post: nickolas
  Most recent Mobian image or installer image known to work? DrPlamsa 13 4,617 02-26-2023, 11:47 PM
Last Post: SukiiPooru
  Debian bookworm security repo user641 2 1,476 02-17-2023, 01:12 AM
Last Post: user641
  No audio on calls after updating today Zebulon Walton 10 4,005 12-12-2022, 09:55 PM
Last Post: BaronAlbatross
Exclamation The webcam doesn't work in Firefox anonymous 0 684 11-06-2022, 01:45 PM
Last Post: anonymous
  Megapixels doesn't work Glenn 4 2,636 08-28-2022, 03:19 PM
Last Post: vortex
  Can't Get Nheko To Work [never mind, it's a bug] el.pollo.diablo 0 755 08-02-2022, 02:11 AM
Last Post: el.pollo.diablo