Display options
As a kid my family had an OSBORNE EXECUTIVE Computer. A portable computer the size of a suit case with 2 floppy disks and a 7 inch CRT.
My plan is to build a portable computer using a Quartz64 or a RockPro64 in a case with 7 to 10 inch display. I am interested in the E-ink display but I am not sure if it would work well for my needs. So at this point I would like to get an LCD screen to connect to the DSI port so I can use the HDMI port for a big display.
I get confused trying to understand what screens would work.
Thank you,
(05-05-2021, 12:23 AM)KJ6OHG Wrote: As a kid my family had an OSBORNE EXECUTIVE Computer. A portable computer the size of a suit case with 2 floppy disks and a 7 inch CRT.
My plan is to build a portable computer using a Quartz64 or a RockPro64 in a case with 7 to 10 inch display. I am interested in the E-ink display but I am not sure if it would work well for my needs. So at this point I would like to get an LCD screen to connect to the DSI port so I can use the HDMI port for a big display.
I get confused trying to understand what screens would work.
Thank you,

Quartz64 model A SBC has e-ink interface
My dad had an OSBORNE, the same or a very similar model, it ran on CP/M, I think that's the only CP/M machine I have actually had my hands on (I've fiddled with it on a couple of other architectures but it's mostly been DOS and UNIX for actual physically accessible machines).

There is indeed an e-ink port and if said display were lighted with a touch layer on top would make an awesome reader or media player for the car.
------
it doesn't get happy
it doesn't get sad
it just runs programs

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Is Quartz64 compatible with official 7'' Raspberry Pi display? maldus 1 992 02-05-2023, 09:28 AM
Last Post: CounterPillow