PinePhone Keyboard update [April 24/04]
(05-10-2021, 08:54 AM)kat22 Wrote: I want one... can't wait...

Second that.
Satisfied PinePhone, Pinebook Pro & PineTab2 owner; Thank you Pine64Team for your work!  Smile
(09-27-2021, 08:53 AM)Fragreenburg Wrote: RE: 6c x 8G X 64G X 1920.

Yeah, I could imagine that would be super pricey.

I don't think Pine64 will ever release a phone that strong, that is stronger than most phones on the market and they would be selling to a niche audience. I want a more powerful Pine Phone but I also don't want to spend $800+ on a phone, I think that has become normalized and is ridiculous. For many people that's several months of food. I would love a $400 device that is twice as powerful because at some point the biggest issue with using this as a daily driver will be hardware limitations. Doesn't matter how much Phosh is optimized when the phone still take 15-20 seconds to launch Telegram. 99% of people aren't willing to accept that wait and I can't blame them.

I've been daily driving this for a bit over 2 months and it has been just fine but I also realized if you asked a random person to daily driver this they would lose their minds. My girlfriend has only interacted with it a handful of times and she hates it because it can be so slow.
I would dis-agree on the cost angle.  Pine already has a Quad core 8G unit under dev, and the RockPro64 is already 6cores.  I think it just a waiting game for the next gen chips on sub-20nm processes coming down in cost.  Having taken this puppy apart, they did a pretty good job on the engineering.  The modem chip already has a pin-compatable 5G big-brother.  If rockchip's nextgen is something pin-close on say 12nm, the price point should be very similar, without having to re-engineer the board from scratch.  The $199 already has 32G of storage, emmc keeps dropping, albeit slowly.  On the screen angle I don't think a 4K display is worth it, but with the experience from the current crop of phones, they ought to be able to clean up any lingering rework/parts issues, and put out a 2nd gen product on new silicon as soon as some of these new Fabs come online and start producing.

I have a Note9 and I've used 'DEX' with it.  Frankly it's performance is quite snappy, but DEX just doesn't quite get there on the desktop experience Wink.  If I could plug a $300-$350 "Pinephone-II"into a USB-C hub and run a 1920 monitor, with reasonable performance I'm *all* in.  The latest RPi4 is actually pretty darn close, and I wanted to get one of the RPro's with 4G to play with.  I noticed a huge improvement on the RPi's when I went to V30 SD's, and I'm thinking the RPro w/eMMC ought to perform admirably as well.  I could live with the 32G onboard eMMC, but looking around the price point difference is not super significant up to 64G.

The next gen opensource MALI drivers won't hurt.  I don't understand why ARM doesn't just open it up.  Reverse engineering this cruft sucks.
Any update on when the Pine phone's keyboard will be arriving at the Pine Store ?
      LINUX = CHOICES
         **BCnAZ**
               Idea
   Donate to $upport
your favorite OS Team
(10-07-2021, 03:29 PM)bcnaz Wrote: Any update on when the Pine phone's keyboard will be arriving at the Pine Store ?

I too would like a date. In October it was said it would be November. In November it was said it would be December... I would like to know the date it goes on sale so I can be prepared. 

I have feeling that many people already have one because Pine64 is giving/selling them to "friends" and I doubt much stock, if any, will be left for us plebs.
Will probably coincidentally be released at the same time as the PinePhone Pro is available with PinePhone Pro users being given priority stock of course. That's my guess.
- I think the battery inside of each item will require each piece to be shipped as single items.
so likely separate orders.
      LINUX = CHOICES
         **BCnAZ**
               Idea
   Donate to $upport
your favorite OS Team
@Luke

Does "AVAILABLE SOON" mean before the end of this year ?

Thank You

***( I will need to move some money from the bank to my PayPal account.)
      LINUX = CHOICES
         **BCnAZ**
               Idea
   Donate to $upport
your favorite OS Team
Any NEWS ? ... is it still going to be possible to buy a keyboard in 2021 ?
      LINUX = CHOICES
         **BCnAZ**
               Idea
   Donate to $upport
your favorite OS Team
(12-28-2021, 07:03 PM)bcnaz Wrote: Any NEWS ?  ...    is it still going to be possible to buy a keyboard in 2021 ?

In the dec 2021 blog you can read:
https://www.pine64.org/2021/12/15/decemb...in-review/

PinePhone (Pro) hardware
  • Keyboard is in production and should be available in a few weeks, likely in early January

Sio I wouldn't get your hopes up.

Regards Paul
In one of 'their posts' they said they had the parts, and factory floor time scheduled in November.

So I assumed sales would start sometime in December,....... but just a comment from Pine64, perhaps a new estimated date ?

Back in the early Pinebook Pro and Brave Heart days Luke used to check-in daily and kept us "in the Loop"
      LINUX = CHOICES
         **BCnAZ**
               Idea
   Donate to $upport
your favorite OS Team

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Shipping Update and Stock Availability Thread Luke 87 88,297 03-05-2023, 12:35 PM
Last Post: maos
  The PinePhone keyboard and cases are here! Luke 11 10,161 03-11-2022, 07:16 AM
Last Post: nontrivial
  PinePhone community poll results Luke 2 3,691 02-01-2022, 04:03 PM
Last Post: zer0sig
  PinePhone Pro Explorer Edition is now available Luke 1 3,186 01-12-2022, 11:52 AM
Last Post: zer0sig
  October update follow-up Luke 0 2,514 10-29-2021, 01:02 PM
Last Post: Luke
  PinePhone BE & Pinebook Pro shipping update thread Luke 136 164,799 06-04-2021, 09:43 AM
  PinePhone Mobian CE shipping update thread Luke 59 79,796 04-25-2021, 12:57 PM
  PinePhone BETA Edition pre-orders start March 24 Luke 2 6,003 04-23-2021, 09:25 PM
Last Post: ryo
  PinePhone KDE Community Edition shipping update thread. Luke 135 174,633 04-11-2021, 01:47 PM
Video February Community Update Video Synopsis Luke 0 2,888 02-19-2021, 08:23 PM