Does PINE64 ship to South America? Is v1.2b the final hardware?
I tried to order the PinePhone Beta today, but the shipping calculator says that it doesn't have a shipper for Bolivia. Since I have friends in Peru and Brazil, I tried putting in their cities as well, but again the shipping calculator reports that it doesn't have a shipper for those countries.

Is the shipping calculator correct that PINE64 doesn't ship to South America? Are there any plans to be able to ship to South America in the future?

My other question is whether v1.2b is the final hardware for the PinePhone. Does PINE64 have any plans to fix the backlight flicker bug? If PINE64 is planning on a final board revision, then I'm willing to wait, but if this is the final hardware, I might as well order now.
Sorry, I cannot help you with the shipping.  Regarding the board revisions, yes, 1.2b is the latest hardware revision.

Please, have a look at this thread, which describes a possible way for resolving the backlight flicker issue.  Also, please keep in mind that Pine64 hasn't acknowledged the issue or the effort to resolve it; as a result, even if the proposed hardware modifications end up resolving the issue, I have no idea if Pine64 is going to release the next hardware revision that includes the fix.  However, I'll publish detailed instructions that will allow anyone to modify the board themself.

I'm currently in the process of sourcing the hardware required for developing and testing the above-described hardware fix for the issue.  In more detail, a couple of forum members have expressed their willingness to donate the required hardware; let's hope it will work out.
[quote pid='92451' dateline='1617281557']
Is the shipping calculator correct that PINE64 doesn't ship to South America?
[/quote]
So I tried shipping it to relatives in Indiana, USA, and the shipping calculator again says that there is no shipper available for the address.

Is the shipping calculator screwed up or does PINE64 really not have a shipper to Indiana, USA? I filed a ticket, so let's see what PINE64 says.
(04-04-2021, 07:36 PM)amosbatto Wrote: [quote pid='92451' dateline='1617281557']
Is the shipping calculator correct that PINE64 doesn't ship to South America?
So I tried shipping it to relatives in Indiana, USA, and the shipping calculator again says that there is no shipper available for the address.

Is the shipping calculator screwed up or does PINE64 really not have a shipper to Indiana, USA? I filed a ticket, so let's see what PINE64 says.
[/quote]

Anything with a battery have to ship on their own due to all the paperwork and red tape.
OK, I figured out what was the problem with shipping to the USA. The PINE64 shipping calculator says that there is no shipper available if you try to order the PinePhone plus any other accessories at the same time. You have to order just the PinePhone alone. I tried to order both the PinePhone and a protective case at the same time and it kept telling me that "no shipper is available".

I understand the restrictions on shipping lithium batteries, but frankly it is ridiculous that we have to pay separate shipping for accessories like a protective case which contains no electronics. At any rate, PINE64 really should fix its shipping calculator so that it explains that the PinePhone can be the only item in the shopping cart when ordering the phone.

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  New Pinephone is dead. eMMC, boot, hardware issues. Shane 4 1,344 05-10-2023, 03:31 AM
Last Post: fxc
  Buyer beware: Pine64 is not checking their sales email, won't alter or cancel orders 3x5co 5 3,906 01-10-2023, 06:30 PM
Last Post: 3x5co
  UI crashes after unplugging USB device, seen on multiple OSes; is my hardware broken? slondr 1 902 11-05-2022, 11:31 AM
Last Post: slondr
Sad How many other users recieved a phone with FAULTY HARDWARE? johnnykeys 16 12,752 06-22-2022, 01:05 PM
Last Post: zer0sig
  Unhappy with immature Hardware jojuma 1 1,431 04-18-2022, 01:18 PM
Last Post: zetabeta
  Hardware version identification? g40 4 2,656 01-04-2022, 11:32 AM
Last Post: g40
  Thanks Pine64! themagicm 0 943 11-01-2021, 11:37 AM
Last Post: themagicm
  Battery life: Maybe really a hardware issue? KNERD 34 20,961 09-23-2021, 01:11 PM
Last Post: Zebulon Walton
  Video playback with hardware acceleration jojuma 2 2,901 08-21-2021, 11:24 AM
Last Post: jojuma
  Ship to Saudi Arabia? KP007 1 1,655 08-14-2021, 04:44 AM
Last Post: evilbunny