Ugm, stuck in a loop
Hit some stupid option while trying to set up Authenticater, and now when I try ti use any application that needs a shell, it pops up a window that shows a file folder and "part 1" next to it, with "OK' below it.

It's stuck in a pop-up cycle, and the only way to make it go away is to power off the phone.

a duckduckgo search didn't return a solution

Thanks,
Denis
(03-18-2021, 01:51 AM)dgdimick Wrote: Hit some stupid option while trying to set up Authenticater, and now when I try ti use any application that needs a shell, it pops up a window that shows a file folder and "part 1" next to it, with "OK' below it.

It's stuck in a pop-up cycle, and the only way to make it go away is to power off the phone.

Thanks,
Denis

Not enough information to go on. Never used the application but you might learn more about what is happening by executing the command in terminal. Possibly it takes -v or --verbose providing extra information.

If you do not know its command you can check its .desktop file in /usr/share/applications (for Phosh).
- RTP

"In the beginner's mind there are many possibilities, in the expert's mind there are few." -Shunryu Suzuki

[ Pinephone Original | Pinetab v1 / v2 Enjoyer ]

Linux Device Privacy / Security Playlist

(03-18-2021, 01:13 PM)RTP Wrote:
(03-18-2021, 01:51 AM)dgdimick Wrote: Hit some stupid option while trying to set up Authenticater, and now when I try ti use any application that needs a shell, it pops up a window that shows a file folder and "part 1" next to it, with "OK' below it.

Thanks,
Denis

Not enough information to go on. Never used the application but you might learn more about what is happening by executing the command in terminal. Possibly it takes -v or --verbose providing extra information.

If you do not know its command you can check its .desktop file in /usr/share/applications (for Phosh).

I did a lot of googling, and it looks like the only documented way to stop this is to disable Gnome notifications.

I ended up reinstalling mobian to the latest version.

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Pinecil stuck in shipping? mbreese 3 4,737 01-07-2021, 07:46 AM
Last Post: moxx
  PineTime Dev Kits stuck in SHENZHEN LinPhoneDev 0 1,810 08-25-2020, 10:38 AM
Last Post: LinPhoneDev
  Stuck on login screen Kscott6969 2 3,546 04-21-2020, 06:14 PM
Last Post: Dendrocalamus64