Pinephone inexpensive carriers and free carriers
Hi is sister mobile or tello mobile compatible with pinephone? Also TextNow is now free without WiFi over the Nationwide Sprint Network would that be compatible with pinephone. I put my IMEI number on this 3 websites and it said is compatible but want to check with you guys first. Sister mobile is $5 per month and tello mobile is also $5 per month. Textnow is free unlimited talk ad unlimited text you only have to pay for the sim one time $9.99 activation kit. I am looking for a inexpensive phone service or free service for pinephone because i don't use alot of minutes or text on phone so low minutes would be ok. Let me know if any of these 3 phones services would be compatible with pinephone if not which do you guys recommend?
Away
(02-22-2021, 11:31 PM)linux_n Wrote: Hi is sister mobile or tello mobile compatible with pinephone? Also TextNow is now free without WiFi over the Nationwide Sprint Network would that be compatible with pinephone. I put my IMEI number on this 3 websites and it said is compatible but want to check with you guys first. Sister mobile is $5 per month and tello mobile is also $5 per month. Textnow is free unlimited talk ad unlimited text you only have to pay for the sim one time $9.99 activation kit. I am looking for a inexpensive phone service or free service for pinephone because i don't use alot of minutes or text on phone so low minutes would be ok. Let me know if any of these 3 phones services would be compatible with pinephone if not which do you guys recommend?

When you find out, please contribute to the wiki page: https://wiki.pine64.org/wiki/PinePhone_Carrier_Support

Thanks.
(03-01-2021, 01:58 AM)tllim Wrote:
(02-22-2021, 11:31 PM)linux_n Wrote: Hi is sister mobile or tello mobile compatible with pinephone? Also TextNow is now free without WiFi over the Nationwide Sprint Network would that be compatible with pinephone. I put my IMEI number on this 3 websites and it said is compatible but want to check with you guys first. Sister mobile is $5 per month and tello mobile is also $5 per month. Textnow is free unlimited talk ad unlimited text you only have to pay for the sim one time $9.99 activation kit. I am looking for a inexpensive phone service or free service for pinephone because i don't use alot of minutes or text on phone so low minutes would be ok. Let me know if any of these 3 phones services would be compatible with pinephone if not which do you guys recommend?

When you find out, please contribute to the wiki page: https://wiki.pine64.org/wiki/PinePhone_Carrier_Support

Thanks.
Ok.
Away
I have a tello sim in my phone. The run on t Mobil towers
I've had good service on US Mobile's TMobile based service (the white sim.) Prices are very reasonable.
Ting mobile works for me. Base service starts at $10 a month. The sim cards cost $1 on amazon.
(03-08-2021, 05:38 PM)Pam_Hyde Wrote: Ting mobile works for me. Base service starts at $10 a month. The sim cards cost $1 on amazon.

How do you get it setup? I keep reading that you have to call Ting directly to get the Pinephone working on Ting. And then I also keep reading that Ting is discontinuing support for GSM which I think affects the Pinephone.  Then I ALSO keep hearing that if VoLTE isn't working on the Pinephone, that it won't work on Ting.  I've got documentation on how to talk to the Pinephone modem directly via Minicom, and I can enable VoLTE if it's not already... just wondering if that needed to be done to make it work on Ting.
(03-03-2021, 08:49 PM)jbloodwo Wrote: I have a tello sim in my phone.  The run on t Mobil towers
Hi, I just got Tello and I'm using Mobian but I can't listen to voicemails for some reason.  Are you able to get voice messages?  When I get a voicemail I get a text message with a link, and when I click the link nothing happens.  I'm not sure if it's the carrier or the distro, do you happen to know?  Thank you
(07-13-2021, 12:21 AM)PineSupporter Wrote: Mobian but I can't listen to voicemails for some reason.  Are you able to get voice messages?  When I get a voicemail I get a text message with a link, and when I click the link nothing happens.

Maybe something here might be helpful?

I don't think I have received a voice mail yet (not that I check them anyway).   Big Grin
Cheers,
TRS-80

What is Free Software and why is it so important for society?

Protocols, not Platforms

For the most Linux-y experience on your Linux phone, try SXMO!

I am (nominally) the Armbian Maintainer for PineBook Pro (although severely lacking in time these days).

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  PinePhone - boot from microSD laserpyramid 5 299 03-06-2024, 06:37 PM
Last Post: aular
  Are you using the Pinephone as your daily driver? jro 157 105,146 02-18-2024, 11:33 PM
Last Post: aular
  2020 PinePhone Manjaro CE EU for sale, name your price astrojuanlu 7 1,524 02-14-2024, 04:51 PM
Last Post: astrojuanlu
  pinephone is not bootble for the box. ijij 1 463 01-19-2024, 01:29 PM
Last Post: fxc
  Multiple issues with the Pinephone MTXP 12 1,938 12-28-2023, 07:55 AM
Last Post: MTXP
  pinephone repair shop shengchieh 0 383 12-26-2023, 02:42 PM
Last Post: shengchieh
  sudo nano file saving pinephone beta edition CharlesGnarley 4 1,479 12-22-2023, 03:44 PM
Last Post: Kevin Kofler
  Can't get Mobian on PinePhone to recognise USB-C docking bar duncan_bayne 9 6,605 12-04-2023, 02:14 AM
Last Post: Peter Gamma
  Pinephone not booting, always vibrating alexander12 7 4,669 11-22-2023, 06:46 PM
Last Post: Scary Guy
  Pinephone on Verizon chachi 3 993 10-09-2023, 11:26 AM
Last Post: alaraajavamma