Amazfish on Pinephone
I was disappointed to find out that software only available on Sailfish (and possibly Manjaro I think I heard)?

Saw there were instructions on how to compile for Ubuntu.  Decided to be adventurous, and  I just tried to compile it on my Pinephone running Mobian. It seems to have successfully.  Daemon starts up, and app even seems to want to run. I'm guessing there's something missing still ("No drivers found") or an issue with the fact that Phosh is using Wayland.)  But it sill shows nothing on the screen and is not usable.  If you launch it from the app screen, nothing happens, but the binary will be running in the background.

Code:
mobian@mobian:~$ ps aux | grep amazfish
mobian     14183  0.0  0.7 235988 22976 ?        Ssl  12:53   0:00 /usr/local/bin/harbour-amazfish

mobian@mobian:~$ harbour-amazfish-ui
Warning: Ignoring XDG_SESSION_TYPE=wayland on Gnome. Use QT_QPA_PLATFORM=wayland to run on Wayland anyway.
("/var/lib/flatpak/exports/share/icons", "/usr/local/share/icons", "/usr/share/icons", ":/icons") (":qml/custom-icons")
Connecting to daemon signals
void DaemonInterface::changeConnectionState()
No drivers found
QQmlApplicationEngine failed to load component
qrc:/qml/harbour-amazfish.qml:11:1: Type ApplicationWindowPL unavailable
qrc:/qml/components/platform/ApplicationWindowPL.qml:22:1: module "org.kde.kirigami" is not installed
qrc:/qml/components/platform/ApplicationWindowPL.qml:21:1: module "Qt.labs.settings" is not installed
qrc:/qml/components/platform/ApplicationWindowPL.qml:22:1: module "org.kde.kirigami" is not installed
qrc:/qml/components/platform/ApplicationWindowPL.qml:21:1: module "Qt.labs.settings" is not installed
(02-15-2021, 12:19 PM)pagesix1536 Wrote: I was disappointed to find out that software only available on Sailfish (and possibly Manjaro I think I heard)?

Saw there were instructions on how to compile for Ubuntu.  Decided to be adventurous, and  I just tried to compile it on my Pinephone running Mobian. It seems to have successfully.  Daemon starts up, and app even seems to want to run. I'm guessing there's something missing still ("No drivers found") or an issue with the fact that Phosh is using Wayland.)  But it sill shows nothing on the screen and is not usable.  If you launch it from the app screen, nothing happens, but the binary will be running in the background.

Code:
mobian@mobian:~$ ps aux | grep amazfish
mobian     14183  0.0  0.7 235988 22976 ?        Ssl  12:53   0:00 /usr/local/bin/harbour-amazfish

mobian@mobian:~$ harbour-amazfish-ui
Warning: Ignoring XDG_SESSION_TYPE=wayland on Gnome. Use QT_QPA_PLATFORM=wayland to run on Wayland anyway.
("/var/lib/flatpak/exports/share/icons", "/usr/local/share/icons", "/usr/share/icons", ":/icons") (":qml/custom-icons")
Connecting to daemon signals
void DaemonInterface::changeConnectionState()
No drivers found
QQmlApplicationEngine failed to load component
qrc:/qml/harbour-amazfish.qml:11:1: Type ApplicationWindowPL unavailable
Theres a pkgbuild available for manjaro It lists the dependencies in the pkgbuild file so try find the correct package names for your distro and install them

This looks like missing dependencies
Code:

https://gitlab.manjaro.org/manjaro-arm/p...r/PKGBUILD
I also built it on Mobian. The missing dependencies are packaged in debian. Installing them actually works.
Code:
sudo apt install qml-module-qt-labs-settings
The app mostly works, but it looks kinda ugly compared to the screenshots, and I can't figure out how to open the settings menu.

[Image: pObYqMJrTzozbVsBZyjMantH]
Has someone created Debian package for Amazfish? I'd be nice to use it on Mobian as well.
No package available yet that I'm aware of.

I tried another install today using the Ubuntu instructions here: https://github.com/piggz/harbour-amazfis...uctions.md
Lots of missing dependencies still and those instructions are not complete. Here's some notes:

* "qt5-default" doesn't appear to exist as an available package for mobian on the Pinephone. I skipped it. Looks like all it might do is set the default QT version up
* I installed "build-essential" to get the basic stuff needed to compile packages. Also made sure that "qt5-make" was installed
* I needed to install these packages (and their dependencies) to get things to compile and/or run after it was installed: qml-module-qtquick2, qml-module-qtquick-controls2, qml-module-org-kde-kirigami2, qml-module-qtquick-controls
* get all that installed first and REBOOT before you try to do any qmake/make stuff. No idea why but I had issues until I did a reboot and then the compile process seemed to find stuff it was looking for.

I still think there's missing packages or modules though. The interface is not quite what I think it's supposed to be. I haven't dug through all the console output (when you manually invoke harbour-amazfish-ui from command-line).

But, I can get the app to launch and it does seem to function... mostly. The top menu bar is only fully visible and usable in landscape mode. I run Phosh in either 1.5 or 1.75 scale, so I could see more of the menu than if you run it in stock 2.0 mode. So if you're looking for more "settings" and other stuff, turn the Pinephone sideways!

I haven't played around with it much yet, but it does pair and I did get it to show my heart rate on the phone when you run the app in Infinitime. No idea if notifications work yet. I'll have to launch Telegram and wait for new stuff to come in.

This app is the ONLY THING holding me back from trying to use both watch and phone on a more full-time, daily driven basis. I rely on notifications on my watch a lot, and with only being able to use the Pinetime with Android...well, that's a heck of a deal breaker for me for the watch if the whole goal is to get away from Android/Apple stuff.

UPDATE: Notifications work! I just got one from Telegram and it showed up on the watch. That's awesome! Really the killer feature I was looking for from the Pinetime and Pinephone working together running Mobian/Phosh.
(06-03-2021, 01:48 PM)pagesix1536 Wrote:
UPDATE:  Notifications work!  I just got one from Telegram and it showed up on the watch.  That's awesome!  Really the killer feature I was looking for from the Pinetime and Pinephone working together running Mobian/Phosh.

Great news!

Every time I turn around, I seem to be reading about some little advancement / feature / development moving forward.  This is what it's all about, folks!  So excited about this burgeoning ecosystem!
Cheers,
TRS-80

What is Free Software and why is it so important for society?

Protocols, not Platforms

For the most Linux-y experience on your Linux phone, try SXMO!

I am (nominally) the Armbian Maintainer for PineBook Pro (although severely lacking in time these days).
Been using it for the past day... still a lot of glitches with bluetooth connectivity. The watch and phone very regularly disconnect and don't re-connect. I thought it had something to do with the phone going into powersave/hibernate mode so I turned that off. Still experiencing some disconnects though. And it's not easy to get it to re-connect. If you go into bluetooth settings and try to toggle the Infinitime watch entry to "on" it literally won't even let you interact with the toggle. I've had to delete (unpair) the watch from the phone, and then re-pair it.... and then its totally fine after that (until the next disconnect). Tried reboots on both watch and phone separately, and it the watch doesn't seem to reconnect to the phone unless you un-pair/re-pair it again. Not idea, but I guess at least it somewhat works and is a step forward.
Thank you , your post helped me alot! Pinetime+Pinephone!
I really got in the weeds trying to do this.

What did you do about the libiphb and mce dependencies? I couldn't find those in Mobian, and couldn't get them built from source.

-john
I had to install qtdeclarative5-dev to install the dependencies.

Code:
sudo apt install -y qtdeclarative5-dev

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Slarm64 on PinePhone [Unofficial Slackware ARM - 64 bit] acid andy 32 23,328 03-21-2024, 04:27 PM
Last Post: donchurch
Wink PINEPHONE not booting Touchwood 2 278 02-23-2024, 07:27 AM
Last Post: Touchwood
  Slack on PinePhone Adam Seline 5 5,155 12-20-2023, 07:20 AM
Last Post: nickolas
  Struggle to install LibreOffice on the PinePhone Peter Gamma 48 22,933 11-24-2023, 07:02 AM
Last Post: Peter Gamma
  Which word processor to choose for the Pinephone? Peter Gamma 8 1,707 11-23-2023, 01:06 AM
  openSUSE for Pinephone Alefnode 75 99,926 11-17-2023, 08:37 AM
Last Post: Uturn
  Using Signal on PinePhone in mid-2023? dante404 45 11,750 11-17-2023, 04:23 AM
Last Post: Kevin Kofler
  Genode- Sculpt OS for the PinePhone (non Linux) Surehand53 1 814 11-04-2023, 07:23 PM
Last Post: tllim
  Abiword as a office mobile word processor for the Pinephone? Peter Gamma 11 1,836 10-24-2023, 08:57 AM
  What File Manager Options Are There For The Pinephone? pinephoneuser22 7 2,107 10-18-2023, 08:37 AM
Last Post: luppivega