Newbie question - how do I pre-order PineTab?
Hello all, 
Pine 64 replied when I inquired about ordering that production is scheduled for March. Does that mean I should be pre-ordering right now? The store site doesn't allow me to place an order. Or will pre-ordering be possible in March? I'm confused about how this works. 

My aim for the PineTab is for watching news, podcasts, email, church, listening to online radio etc. 

Thank you.
They will drop all of a sudden, you just have to keep an eye on the Pine news.

Regarding the activities you want the PineTab to do - it will _just_ about do those in a limited way. Don't expect to be loading a Spotify client or something. I would recommend checking out a more powerful device if this is your intention.
(02-08-2021, 06:37 PM)barray Wrote: They will drop all of a sudden, you just have to keep an eye on the Pine news.

Regarding the activities you want the PineTab to do - it will _just_ about do those in a limited way. Don't expect to be loading a Spotify client or something. I would recommend checking out a more powerful device if this is your intention.

Thanks for filling me in on both the release - and about my intended use. Sounds like maybe I do need to look at something else. I figured watching and listening via websites wouldn't require much power, but I'm glad to be corrected when wrong. Thanks for steering me in the right direction.
@kerseymere No problem, I think it's best for everybody if there is a clear understanding of the device's capabilities. It really is just a low-end mobile processor in there and it's not so suitable for heavy lifting.

The PineBook/Pro on the other hand would have enough power to meet your needs I believe. The price point for the base model is about the same too, and it's about as small and lightweight. The OSes on that device are also much more mature - I think your experience would be very much better.
I like my PineTab (using Mobian on eMMC) but I mainly use it to read webpages and read ebooks.  The main limitations it has is not enough memory; I have had to create a swap file to avoid hangs. 

The times I have used YouTube it had to be at 480p because at 720p it would skip frames (CPUs at 100%) but the sound came in just fine.  The internal speakers are rubbish so if I listen to anything I have a set of USB headphones; I haven't tried any bluetooth speakers or plug in headphones.  I guess I should say that you can't really use any DRM services like Netflix....there might be a way but not right out of the box.

If I decide to do anything serious I switch to the Pinebook Pro.

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Pinetab 2 just arrived + when can hope to se wifi driver LRP 15 7,337 02-28-2024, 05:03 AM
Last Post: Surehand53
Wink Screen protector for PineTab 2 vatin 0 456 11-18-2023, 01:31 AM
Last Post: vatin
  PineTab 2 (arm64) thoughts and questions acruhl 7 2,691 09-01-2023, 01:13 PM
Last Post: acruhl
  PineTab 2 Dead Screen Kramey 16 4,347 08-12-2023, 05:44 PM
Last Post: Kramey
  pinetab 2 not booting ajhiii070 5 1,636 08-07-2023, 01:46 PM
Last Post: r.aliaskarov
  does the pinetab "just worK"? averageconsumer445 19 4,122 07-15-2023, 10:31 AM
Last Post: dachalife
  Pinetab-V shipping Status? jfstepha 6 2,187 07-12-2023, 03:23 PM
Last Post: ChromaticHamster
  No WiFi or Ethernet on vanilla PineTab 2 from the factory? SmittyWerbenyegermanjenson 6 2,129 06-06-2023, 05:26 PM
Last Post: fxc
Star Looking for a Pinetab [EU] Glenn 2 2,552 01-24-2023, 06:12 PM
Last Post: Louis
  Looking to buy a PineTab Yair22 2 2,419 01-24-2023, 06:10 PM
Last Post: Louis