Didn't receive phone, no response from Pine64 at all
Hey guys,
this is a rather sad story:
I ordered a phone with convergence pack last year and was hoping to get it by christmas. But it never arrived.
Instead DHL (who shipped it) decided to return it. So it got back to Poland (Warehouse location for EU). According to DHL it arrived there on the 24. of December. DHL told me that I'm not their contractual partner and pine had to start an inquiry.
Since then I've ben writing emails asking for support but nobody is replying anymore. It seems they're just ignoring me.
The only option left is to claim at least my money back via paypal.

IMHO, if this is the common way to deal with such customer issues it's disappointing.
So this is yet another desperate approach to try to get any reaction.

As usual best regards from Germany

rn43x
Hopefully you haven't made a PayPal claim yet..
well I did, what could I do Sad
(02-03-2021, 08:26 AM)rn43x Wrote: well I did, what could I do Sad

You were right to make a claim. Pine64 is incredibly unprofessional in how it treats its customers.
A long time has elapsed and you've tried communicating with Pine64 order support that's failed so may be opening a dispute with Paypal is the only/final resort. Beware in taking this step that Pine64 will blacklist you and you won't be able to order from them again. I wish there were a better outcome for you.

What's not really explained here is why DHL were unable to deliver -- were you unable to accept delivery at the time, was there a remote area fee due to be paid before delivery that was unpaid causing the phone to be returned -- an address error? DHL may have decided to return the phone to the warehouse but there has to have been a cause.
Well, if this really is a Pine64 or DHL error, this is very much more serious than "a few dead pixels", and I would hope tllim sees it that way. But please, please, have all your ducks in a row.
When there is hardware and shipment issue that needs support, please file support ticket at https://desk.zoho.com/portal/pine64/home

However, once files Paypal dispute, then Paypal handles and their decision considers as final. Please note that Paypal sometimes charge Pine Store for dispute handling fee.
I tried again and the really blacklisted me Smile
I mean, after them not replying at all, what other option was left then go via paypal?
And then they didn't even apologize and instead blacklisted me?
Nice way to treat customer ...

Finally out,

rn43x

btw, where do I delete my account?
(02-09-2021, 12:32 AM)tllim Wrote: When there is hardware and shipment issue that needs support, please file support ticket at https://desk.zoho.com/portal/pine64/home

However, once files Paypal dispute, then Paypal handles and their decision considers as final. Please note that Paypal sometimes charge Pine Store for dispute handling fee.

I had very similar situation, it was definitely a screwuip on dhl side, I got real weird refund of random amount, but the real problem is that pine support at some point just ghosted me. And I didn't even consider paypal dispute, because I kinda trusted pine… And yes, support ticket system is very helpful. No response whatsoever and the ticket is helpfully "late by 1 month" according to zoho. Though the original order is from February, way past one month…

Sadly, after buying A64+ from kickstarter, pinebook pro and pinephone I have to part with pine, I doubt I'll ever be able to talk myself into placing another order with pine Sad

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Shipping stuck in: "Airlines Receive" for nearly a month KiteX3 12 7,962 03-26-2022, 03:58 PM
Last Post: dachalife
  No response from Order Support IbrokeTTL 2 2,621 02-20-2022, 12:37 AM
Last Post: lot378
  New to Pine64: should I have expected a tracking number by now? Indieshack 2 5,021 06-19-2020, 03:44 PM
Last Post: Indieshack
  Earth to Pine64, please respond! EvanBeem 43 48,904 02-01-2017, 09:26 PM
Last Post: tllim
  Missing incomplete accessories YET no response racann 9 12,571 10-13-2016, 11:00 PM
Last Post: racann
  Pine64 sales are useless panoflex 1 3,799 09-22-2016, 06:06 PM
Last Post: pfeerick
  Pine64 2gb + stuff for sale or trade Caleb420 0 2,435 09-22-2016, 01:46 AM
Last Post: Caleb420
  Not Received Any Pine64 maheshsutariya 16 21,026 09-14-2016, 06:15 PM
Last Post: tllim
  PINE64 ABS Playbox Enclosure be available for sale in the shop danlcarr 3 5,771 08-31-2016, 09:28 PM
Last Post: clocey
  Pine64 FS or Trade? birdcatx7 6 9,202 08-29-2016, 01:53 PM
Last Post: MarkHaysHarris777