What native PinePhone application would you like to see in the near future?
I think I already have most of what I want already, but I have 2 apps I'd like to see:
1. A Monero wallet that isn't a full node one, I already have a full node wallet on my PC, all I want is something like Cakewallet on Android and iOS.
2. A Matrix client that both supports E2EE and is not soyware at the same time. Because currently all the lightweight and non-Element apps all lack E2EE (with the only exception being Weechat which is both lightweight and supports E2EE).
母語は日本語ですが、英語も喋れます(ry
Usb C antennas of all kinds...
How about the Bleach bit app.

the user side works fine, but the 'root' will not open.

Since the user portion already works, the root side should not be too big of a deal to get operational..?

The smallish 16gb or 32gb eMMC drives can fill-up pretty quick
      LINUX = CHOICES
         **BCnAZ**
               Idea
   Donate to $upport
your favorite OS Team
  How about video calls  ?

And    Another vote for call blocking   !
      LINUX = CHOICES
         **BCnAZ**
               Idea
   Donate to $upport
your favorite OS Team
(02-03-2021, 03:34 AM)kern707 Wrote: What native (mobile optimized) applications would you like to see becoming available for the PinePhone in the near future?

I am not talking about existing applications that are currently not compatible, I am talking about applications that exist on other platforms (such as Android), but are not available for linux phones, and that you would love to have on your PinePhone.

This thread is in order to put together some opinions, that will help developers decide what the end-customer really need / want on their PinePhone, and maybe give it a higher priority.

Any input will be very much appreciated :-)

Good question. I would like to see nicely on my PinePhone:

the Signal messaging app  Big Grin (this would be huge for PinePhone attractiveness I reckon),

OsmAnd maps Smile , and

the F-Droid store Cool  (and other apps in F-Droid like NewPipe, Simple apps, Feeder, openWorkout, DDG, Sudoku, openBoard and Forecastie).
Disenter browser and good replacement for google maps.
(08-28-2021, 03:00 PM)Udemoya Wrote: the F-Droid store Cool  (and other apps in F-Droid like NewPipe, Simple apps, Feeder, openWorkout, DDG, Sudoku, openBoard and Forecastie).

FYI: you can run Android on a PinePhone.

(09-02-2021, 11:28 PM)Tbone Wrote: Disenter browser

Never expected to even encounter a Dissenter (which is a Brave fork by the way) user in 2021.
Not a fan of Gab for many reasons (massive censorship while lying about "free speech", owned by a guy who openly hates open source forks while heavily depending on forking open source software, constantly jumps on bandwagons to seek attention etc).
My reasons for not liking Gab is up to you to decide whether you agree or not, but the real concern is basically this and this.
母語は日本語ですが、英語も喋れます(ry
(09-03-2021, 02:28 AM)ryo Wrote:
(08-28-2021, 03:00 PM)Udemoya Wrote: the F-Droid store Cool  (and other apps in F-Droid like NewPipe, Simple apps, Feeder, openWorkout, DDG, Sudoku, openBoard and Forecastie).

FYI on your FYI I have anbox running on Mobian though I mostly use it for a manga reader app(Tachiyomi) of all things as a proof of concept, heavier apps tend to crash it even newpipe.
Anbox is pretty wonky at this time but the default image from mobian wiki has f-droid installed.
(09-03-2021, 08:31 AM)biketool Wrote:
(09-03-2021, 02:28 AM)ryo Wrote:

FYI on your FYI I have anbox running on Mobian though I mostly use it for a manga reader app(Tachiyomi) of all things as a proof of concept, heavier apps tend to crash it even newpipe.
Anbox is pretty wonky at this time but the default image from mobian wiki has f-droid installed.

I said that because Udemoya listed so many Android-only apps, it reads to me as if he just wants to use Android instead of Linux.
Which is to be expected, I've seen countless of people wanting to switch to Linux, but they want to use a whole list of Windows-only apps on it.
F-Droid is what I understand the least out of those, it's technically like a fancy looking Aptitude, which exists in Debian-based OSs for decades.
母語は日本語ですが、英語も喋れます(ry
(02-03-2021, 03:34 AM)kern707 Wrote: What native (mobile optimized) applications would you like to see becoming available for the PinePhone in the near future?

I am not talking about existing applications that are currently not compatible, I am talking about applications that exist on other platforms (such as Android), but are not available for linux phones, and that you would love to have on your PinePhone.

This thread is in order to put together some opinions, that will help developers decide what the end-customer really need / want on their PinePhone, and maybe give it a higher priority.

Any input will be very much appreciated :-)

Hello, I would love to see a bitcoinwallet that supports the lightning network like Zeus or similar, but also a good podcast app, right now I am using gnome podcasts and would like to see it in the debian repos as I do not like to use flatpak.
Also some step counter app, I saw something as wip in reegards to that, must check how it is by now. Guten Tag.

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  PinePhone - boot from microSD laserpyramid 5 299 03-06-2024, 06:37 PM
Last Post: aular
  Are you using the Pinephone as your daily driver? jro 157 105,070 02-18-2024, 11:33 PM
Last Post: aular
  2020 PinePhone Manjaro CE EU for sale, name your price astrojuanlu 7 1,522 02-14-2024, 04:51 PM
Last Post: astrojuanlu
  pinephone is not bootble for the box. ijij 1 459 01-19-2024, 01:29 PM
Last Post: fxc
  Multiple issues with the Pinephone MTXP 12 1,937 12-28-2023, 07:55 AM
Last Post: MTXP
  pinephone repair shop shengchieh 0 381 12-26-2023, 02:42 PM
Last Post: shengchieh
  sudo nano file saving pinephone beta edition CharlesGnarley 4 1,477 12-22-2023, 03:44 PM
Last Post: Kevin Kofler
  Can't get Mobian on PinePhone to recognise USB-C docking bar duncan_bayne 9 6,599 12-04-2023, 02:14 AM
Last Post: Peter Gamma
  Pinephone not booting, always vibrating alexander12 7 4,664 11-22-2023, 06:46 PM
Last Post: Scary Guy
  Pinephone on Verizon chachi 3 991 10-09-2023, 11:26 AM
Last Post: alaraajavamma