"Unable to download updates: The following packages have unmet dependencies:"
Since a couple of weeks I cannot update Mobian on my Pinephone UBports edition.

Software -> Updates -> Download fails with "Unable to download updates: The following packages have unmet dependencies:" shown in a dark pop-up.

Any idea how to troubleshoot this? Should I do a console update + upgrade instead?
(12-28-2020, 02:45 AM)bitnick Wrote: Any idea how to troubleshoot this? Should I do a console update + upgrade instead?
Yes, this is the recommended way anyway.
If you want to save up on typing, you can edit /home/mobian/.bashrc, and add:
Code:
alias appupdate = "sudo apt update && sudo apt upgrade && sudo apt autoremove"

The added bonus is that in the terminal you can see what dependencies it's exactly whining about.
母語は日本語ですが、英語も喋れます(ry
(12-28-2020, 02:45 AM)bitnick Wrote: Since a couple of weeks I cannot update Mobian on my Pinephone UBports edition.

Software -> Updates -> Download fails with "Unable to download updates: The following packages have unmet dependencies:" shown in a dark pop-up.

Any idea how to troubleshoot this? Should I do a console update + upgrade instead?
Flash the 12/28 nightly build onto your phone instead of the 12/15 one, which is what I"m assuming you have. The problem went away.
@ryo: apt update + apt upgrade went fine. Thanks! However Software -> Updates now says "Sorry, something went wrong: Error calling StartServiceByName for org.freedesktop.fwupd: Failed to activate service 'org.freedesktop.fwupd': timed out (service_start_timeout=25000ms)"

Someone knows what's wrong/how to fix it, or is it console updates only from now on for me? Smile

@TheLastDon: I'm trying to avoid flashing new images, since that entails redoing all configuration yet again. But good to know this problem is fixed in newer images.
(12-30-2020, 04:14 AM)bitnick Wrote: Software -> Updates now says "Sorry, something went wrong: Error calling StartServiceByName for org.freedesktop.fwupd: Failed to activate service 'org.freedesktop.fwupd': timed out (service_start_timeout=25000ms)"
GUI frontends for package managers in general have a track record of constantly working and breaking depending on its mood.
Both on Pinephone/Pinetab, and on any kind of PC.

This is why we Linux users love the terminal so much, and it's one type of marriage which will never see a divorce.
Because while the GUI is forever instable, the command line just works.
So probably a better idea to get used to updating using the terminal in case you're not yet.
母語は日本語ですが、英語も喋れます(ry
I'm having the same problem. I have sid and bullseye repos in my sources, and I got this message in the software center. In the CLI, I got these problems:

```
The following packages have unmet dependencies:
mobian-phosh : Depends: phosh-full but it is not installed
                Recommends: phosh-games but it is not installed
mobian-phosh-base : Depends: mobian-base (= 0.2.8) but 0.1.9 is installed
                    Depends: phosh-core but it is not installed
                    Depends: mobian-tweaks-phosh but it is not installed
mobian-phosh-extras : Depends: mobian-multimedia (= 0.2.8) but 0.1.9 is installed
                      Recommends: megapixels but it is not installed
mobian-phosh-phone : Depends: mobian-phone-base (= 0.2.8) but it is not installed
                      Depends: phosh-phone but it is not installed
E: Unmet dependencies. Try 'apt --fix-broken install' with no packages (or specify a solution).

```

And when I try to run `sudo apt --fix-broken install I get this error:

```
Removing mobian-tweaks (0.2.7) ...
Error: unknown connection 'USB'.
Error: cannot delete unknown connection(s): 'USB'.
dpkg: error processing package mobian-tweaks (--remove):
installed mobian-tweaks package pre-removal script subprocess returned error exit status 10
dpkg: too many errors, stopping

```

So I'm kind of stuck now.
My problem may have been more specific than others' on this thread, but I solved it myself by running this:

```
sudo apt -o Dpkg::Options::="--force-overwrite" install gnome-calls
```
(12-28-2020, 03:27 AM)ryo Wrote:
Code:
alias appupdate = "sudo apt update && sudo apt upgrade && sudo apt autoremove"

As per this blog post it should be:
Code:
sudo apt update
sudo apt dist-upgrade
sudo apt autoremove

But I also saw and performed these ones, from their Troubleshooting page:
Code:
sudo apt-get install packagekit-tools
sudo pkcon repair
sudo pkcon get-updates
sudo pkcon update
Help!

Since I was in trouble with the update with my PP CE just arrived, I preformed the following commands:

Code:
sudo apt update
sudo apt dist-upgrade
sudo apt autoremove

Now the I'm unable to log into the phone because the default pin 1234 is not recognized. Any suggestion?
Thanks

(02-15-2021, 03:01 PM)sax1960 Wrote: Help!

Since I was in trouble with the update with my PP CE just arrived, I preformed the following commands:

Code:
sudo apt update
sudo apt dist-upgrade
sudo apt autoremove

Now the I'm unable to log into the phone because the default pin 1234 is not recognized. Any suggestion?
Thanks

I decided to reboot after 1 hour and the PIN now works.

Code:
sudo apt update
sudo apt dist-upgrade
sudo apt autoremove

Thanks

Code:
sudo apt update
sudo apt dist-upgrade
sudo apt autoremove

Thanks

I decided to reboot after 1 hour and the PIN now works.

Same problem here - except I ran "
sudo apt-get install packagekit-tools
sudo pkcon repair
sudo pkcon get-updates
sudo pkcon updater
It ran through a lot of stuff for a long time and I assumed it had finished. Tried to bring it back from screensaver but PIN wouldn't work. I forced a reboot 'cos it wouldn't accept the PIN I had set, then entered my crypto key (that worked) and now it just sits there with a blank black look on its face. lololol It kinda blinks every now and then. lololol
I think I'll just leave it there like that for a good while - with my fingers crossed.

lolol Anyone know what the reset button does? lololol

EDIT; Downloading fresh nightly Mobian and will start again.

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  PureMaps and OSM Scout Server maps download biketool 6 2,406 01-08-2024, 04:11 AM
Last Post: vusra
  Unable to wake up from suspend xavi92 5 966 10-26-2023, 03:02 PM
Last Post: xavi92
  packages held back user641 7 1,147 09-18-2023, 03:05 PM
Last Post: diederik
  No volume control after latest updates Zebulon Walton 19 6,657 09-08-2023, 08:28 AM
Last Post: jessencan
  Problem with updates: Repository 'Debian bookworm' changed its 'non-free component' Anna 7 1,909 08-31-2023, 12:38 PM
Last Post: vusra
  Unable to do initial setup of Weather due to keyboard LibrePhoneUser 2 1,019 07-07-2023, 03:29 AM
Last Post: jojuma
  Haven't seen updates in a while Zebulon Walton 3 1,134 06-24-2023, 04:29 PM
Last Post: Zebulon Walton
  [Fixed] Phosh crashes frequently after latest updates arno_nuehm 20 8,343 10-14-2022, 05:38 PM
Last Post: Krafter
  Wifi issue since last update and held back updates goku499 11 4,999 09-21-2022, 02:39 PM
Last Post: Katsujinken
  Unable to send messages with chatty user641 0 723 09-07-2022, 04:35 AM
Last Post: user641