Power switch circuit
Since the stretch goal has been passed, the board circuit for a power switch will be there, what options will there be for using or not using it?
(01-15-2016, 01:28 PM)drewh Wrote: Since the stretch goal has been passed, the board circuit for a power switch will be there, what options will there be for using or not using it?

The board circuit for power switch, reset switch, and charging LED will be there. All already work with Android build code.
Will the boards be shipping with the switches and LEDs? If not, will these be provided for those of us who want to have it?
(01-23-2016, 11:05 AM)SkimMilk Wrote: Will the boards be shipping with the switches and LEDs? If not, will these be provided for those of us who want to have it?

I don't have a straight answer, will check with the KS team and post back.
This power switch, is integrated on the board or is an add-on?
Heart PINE64: StackExchange Community => PINE64 Commmunity Proposal.

Proposal Status Link to Forum=> PINE64 Status Forum
Remenber to Upvote Proposed questions. And give a Follow.
(01-24-2016, 05:26 AM)By-Jokese Wrote: This power switch, is integrated on the board or is an add-on?

The power switch was suggested as a stretch goal during the kickstarter campaign, but not everybody wanted to have one, so not sure what the current situation is with it being added or not.

In the attached file below, the space for the switch is on the left, where the arrow is pointing. It will be easy enough to add your own switch if the Pine does not ship with the switch already connected. Perhaps including or not including a switch could be an option on the Backer Survey, if it does not cause any delays to shipping?

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

When you guys say 'switch' ... do you mean the physical component that toggles?

So... the on/off switch of the classic Gameboy serves this purpose, and no additional component is needed to make use of on/off functionality?
(01-28-2016, 08:59 AM)Gearsoul Wrote: When you guys say 'switch' ... do you mean the physical component that toggles?

So... the on/off switch of the classic Gameboy serves this purpose, and no additional component is needed to make use of on/off functionality?

Yes, the physical switch where you can turn on / off the Pine.
Currently on the board, there are connections for it, but no physical switch soldered on.

It was supposed to come as a stretch goal reward but there were some people who were negative about having the switch, thus it is now dangling in the air.

I don't see why they cannot have the switch there, and just leave it in the 'on' position if they do not want to use it?
I would love to see the switch there, so that I can turn on/off the Pine as and when I want, rather than pulling the power cable off...  Big Grin
(01-28-2016, 09:15 AM)SkimMilk Wrote:
(01-28-2016, 08:59 AM)Gearsoul Wrote: When you guys say 'switch' ... do you mean the physical component that toggles?

Currently on the board, there are connections for it, but no physical switch soldered on.

It was supposed to come as a stretch goal reward but there were some people who were negative about having the switch, thus it is now dangling in the air.

I don't see why they cannot have the switch there, and just leave it in the 'on' position if they do not want to use it?
I would love to see the switch there, so that I can turn on/off the Pine as and when I want, rather than pulling the power cable off...  Big Grin

I definitely agree. A switch would be great, i would love not to have to pull out cords or something, just a little flick of a switch is what i would prefer. If Pine decides not to include a power switch, you can always take a broken flashlight apart and use the click switch Tongue
If I've helped you with something, please leave a rating for my responses.
(01-28-2016, 09:31 AM)pine.tree Wrote:
(01-28-2016, 09:15 AM)SkimMilk Wrote:

I definitely agree. A switch would be great, i would love not to have to pull out cords or something, just a little flick of a switch is what i would prefer. If Pine decides not to include a power switch, you can always take a broken flashlight apart and use the click switch Tongue

I believe the switch that's on the board is actually a momentary contact that's connected to the PMIC.  A short press of the switch when the system is running generates an interrupt to the SoC from the PMIC, causing a soft power off with a graceful system shutdown.  A long hold (16 secs according to the AXP803 PMIC datasheet) forces the PMIC into a powered-off state, where it just shuts off the power to everything.

Pressing the power button when the board is off powers on the PMIC, which powers up all the devices on the board.

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Z-Wave - Full and Low Power Inclusion mode B34N 1 4,197 03-26-2017, 06:03 PM
Last Post: B34N
  Power Supply for Pine a64 (2GB) Pip19083 1 4,417 01-22-2017, 01:32 PM
Last Post: Luke
  Low power headless operation? rubenk 9 15,174 01-05-2017, 12:37 AM
Last Post: swinging
  Power Off / Reset Buttons - DietPi casmiguefl 4 8,216 08-12-2016, 05:28 PM
Last Post: casmiguefl
  power Circuit polo 28 40,640 07-01-2016, 07:06 PM
Last Post: pfeerick