Making nextcloud sync work on the phone
I figured that since Mobian is just running Debian, I could install the Nextcloud desktop client. However, the app doesn't scale even when I run scale-to-fit, and when I finally got it set up, it didn't apppear to do anything. Also, whenever the client loses focus, the whole app appears to shut down.

Is there a way to get nextcloud synchronization working with Mobian/Phosh?
(12-21-2020, 08:16 PM)3x5co Wrote: I figured that since Mobian is just running Debian, I could install the Nextbutt desktop client. However, the app doesn't scale even when I run scale-to-fit, and when I finally got it set up, it didn't apppear to do anything. Also, whenever the client loses focus, the whole app appears to shut down.

Is there a way to get nextbutt synchronization working with Mobian/Phosh?
Have you tried to configure your nextcloud access in settings -> online accounts?

after this you can sync calendars and contacts but also access your files via the file browser.
Works like a charm for me.
(12-22-2020, 02:14 AM)sfb Wrote: Have you tried to configure your nextcloud access in settings -> online accounts?

after this you can sync calendars and contacts but also access your files via the file browser.
Works like a charm for me.

Nextcloud does file syncing, which mobian doesn't...
I was able to get Nextcloud working by manually editing the config file. The only apparent problem with Nextcloud is that I can't scale it to fit the screen. Usually, I can switch the orientation and see just enough of the GUI do to what I need to do, but I would rather figure out a way to force it to scale.

Generally, there's a problem with Mobian where you'll force an app to scale, and then any new window or dialog that app pops up will not be forced to scale. I suppose that's a separate issue, though.
(12-21-2020, 08:16 PM)3x5co Wrote: I figured that since Mobian is just running Debian, I could install the Nextcloud desktop client. However, the app doesn't scale even when I run scale-to-fit, and when I finally got it set up, it didn't apppear to do anything. Also, whenever the client loses focus, the whole app appears to shut down.

Is there a way to get nextcloud synchronization working with Mobian/Phosh?
I tore my hair out for ages over this, but I eventually twigged that there's a simple answer.  Go into Settings->Displays.  You'll almost certainly find that the Scale is set to 200%.  Change it to 100%, and you'll find that the Nextcloud app is now completely visible on the phone screen.  Mind you, you'll need to be a bit nifty with your fingers as the text etc will be correspondingly smaller, but once you've finished the Nextcloud setup you can take the scale back to 200%. 

You'll then need to go into the Nextcloud app and set up the folders to be synced, and then wait awhile while the initial syncing takes place.  Depending on the sizes of the folders to be synced this could take quite a while.  The other thing you'll probably want to do is set Nextcloud to start on system bootup. 

It all works a treat - your Nextcloud drive will be completely visible in Portfolio and to all other apps (Document Viewer, Libre Office etc).

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  wwan0 (SIM interface) doesn't work with OpenVPN nickolas 6 1,978 09-05-2023, 11:16 AM
Last Post: nickolas
  Chatty does not work after suspend mode user641 4 1,784 07-18-2023, 10:43 AM
Last Post: alaraajavamma
  Wifi doesn't work after update nickolas 2 1,138 04-14-2023, 10:07 AM
Last Post: nickolas
  Most recent Mobian image or installer image known to work? DrPlamsa 13 4,619 02-26-2023, 11:47 PM
Last Post: SukiiPooru
  Nextcloud Calendar and Contacts mark1250 3 1,298 12-29-2022, 07:27 PM
Last Post: mark1250
Exclamation The webcam doesn't work in Firefox anonymous 0 684 11-06-2022, 01:45 PM
Last Post: anonymous
  phone does not ring (when sleeping) jsch 2 1,395 10-07-2022, 08:08 AM
Last Post: alaraajavamma
  Megapixels doesn't work Glenn 4 2,637 08-28-2022, 03:19 PM
Last Post: vortex
  Making a new keyboard layout Eugo 2 1,398 08-28-2022, 04:15 AM
Last Post: Eugo
  Proximity sensor is oversensitive (was "Screen blanks when making call") treebeard 5 2,649 08-02-2022, 03:16 PM
Last Post: treebeard