Add-ons WTF
So excited to get my pine in the mail today. My first impressions were not great. There were no directions or anything inside the packaging. I went to the kickstarter to look at what orientation the wifi card needed to be placed. I'm at a complete loss on how to attach the temp/humidity sensor though. Can anyone explain how this gets connected? I almost feel like i'm missing a cable they forgot to ship with it.
Yes, same experience, same conclusions.

Why get a "Pine64 sensor" unless it connects securely & directly to the Pine A64, with instructions, etc.???

Had I not ordered the "Humidity Temperature Sensor for PINE64" (PMSD001, click to see specs, or to buy it), I'd have received the Pine64 a month or more earlier. It would have cost less. I could have used a sensor (& resistor) I had on hand.

Hey, I appreciate the growing pains of a Kickstarter campaign, and think the world of the Pine64 crew. (I mean, really, great job.) However, they should still mail us the missing cable, with instructions.

NexusDude
NexusDude of Central Texas
  • Setup: Pine64+ 2GB, On/Off button, RTC battery, 5V fan, LG 1.8A power adapter, Cat6 Ethernet, HDMI to TV, USB keyboard & mouse, SanDisk Ultra mSD "32GB" (28.7GB). Using Win32DiskImager.
  • Best OS experiences: Debian XFCE >> Android Lollipop > the rest
Hi,
Please refer to our wiki page on the POT detail at here and here.

Basically you need the 4 way I2c cable (W4T4-03-15) to connect the Temperature Sensor to the Multi I2C bus POT (PMI2C01).

[Image: 708px-I2c_Cable_Connection.JPG]
Thanks, Goh.

It's unfortunate that the order form failed to make that clear, I guess. Noobs pay the price.
NexusDude of Central Texas
  • Setup: Pine64+ 2GB, On/Off button, RTC battery, 5V fan, LG 1.8A power adapter, Cat6 Ethernet, HDMI to TV, USB keyboard & mouse, SanDisk Ultra mSD "32GB" (28.7GB). Using Win32DiskImager.
  • Best OS experiences: Debian XFCE >> Android Lollipop > the rest