Hdmi To VGA
Hello, i have used my pine with the tv and it works perfectly. However, i wanted to use with an old screen if a cpu and i bought  a hdmi-vga cable but when i connect all, in the screen it says format video incorrect or something like that, i think the format of the screens is not  1080*1920 or 1280*720 is that a problem?
(06-03-2016, 12:30 AM)pine771 Wrote: Hello, i have used my pine with the tv and it works perfectly. However, i wanted to use with an old screen if a cpu and i bought  a hdmi-vga cable but when i connect all, in the screen it says format video incorrect or something like that, i think the format of the screens is not  1080*1920 or 1280*720 is that a problem?

For the time being, we can't use such adapters. The Pine works only with HDMI to HDMI cables and HDMI input devices.

I also have a HQ Amazon Logistics HDMI to DVI cable with which I used to connect my RPi's to standard computer monitors but it doesn't work with my Pines.

This is probably a matter of a driver mising and an update will fix it in the future.
I'm using HDMI to vga adapter with My tv on debian. Because with HDMI the top Bar with menus, date and network info is not visible on screen and there is no way to adjust it. Debian image is not using full HD resolution. On Ubuntu It uses full HD resolution. Perhaps I could try adapter on some monitors too.
(06-03-2016, 06:31 PM)finnpine Wrote: I'm using HDMI to vga adapter with My tv on debian. Because with HDMI the top Bar with menus, date and network info is not visible on screen and there is no way to adjust it. Debian image is not using full HD resolution. On Ubuntu It uses full HD resolution. Perhaps I could try adapter on some monitors too.

I was using ubuntu, i will try remix os, did u try it?
See http://forum.pine64.org/showthread.php?tid=980 (Linux only)
(06-03-2016, 06:31 PM)finnpine Wrote: I'm using HDMI to vga adapter with My tv on debian. Because with HDMI the top Bar with menus, date and network info is not visible on screen and there is no way to adjust it. Debian image is not using full HD resolution. On Ubuntu It uses full HD resolution. Perhaps I could try adapter on some monitors too.

I got the same problem. but looking at the Tv configuration. I found a function to set it automatically and works perfectly!! probably you can look at your TV settings.
I am using an old monitor with vga input and hdmi to vga adaptor but the monitor keeps displaying input not supported but it is displaying correctly, quite anoying  display because, it is blocking what is displayed on the screen. I also cannot press the button of the screen to show the menu.
When I use the same setup with the raspi, it is ok. Anything that I need to configure?
I think is problem of the cable that are you using cuz I own the hdmi to vga from pine64 and that one supports way more resolutions
Y have tried very low and up to 1080p and also works with the Android 7 image like a mirror on the resolution of the Ldc that I then is 1200 x 600
So maybe is that
Check is your cable soporta different resolutions
Pst I have tried all images android Linux and remix with no problem
By. Zoidiano0!
Installed:
LAMP: Linux , Apache2.4 , Mariadb, phpMyadmin, PHP5 
Java 8 arm by oracle
Netbeans 8.1
chromium (uses way toooo much Ram)

Pine64 Head Unit Project.!

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  HDMI to RCA for connecting CRT type TV desai_amogh 1 3,532 05-22-2016, 08:54 AM
Last Post: tllim
  Hardware-Bugs: No HDMI->DVI-Output / Crashes upon Ethernet Xyntec 3 5,149 04-02-2016, 09:42 AM
Last Post: DaveKram
  HDMI to VGA adapter trumad 7 10,853 01-29-2016, 04:55 PM
Last Post: tllim