Any chance to see a mobile-friendly Pine64 forums ?
Question 
Dear Pine64,

Since getting my PinePhone, and having two updates made to the Manjaro-arm linux OS, I find the PinePhone to work smoother and be more useful, therefore I spend more time with it than with my current "daily driver".

I have noticed that Pine64 forums are not mobile-friendly,  which makes it a real pain to use it on a mobile device.

Not a forums software expert, but coming from the niche of being a developer my self, I know that most forum system software packages today are offering a mobile-friendly theme/layout.

It seem to looke like Pine64 is using MyBB for forum system software, and I have stumbled upon this MyBB extension that gives it mobile friendliness capabilities:
https://community.mybb.com/mods.php?action=view&pid=637 as an example.

That should be feasible to configure, I believe.

Is it possible, by any chance that Pine64 could update the forum system theme/layout to be mobile friendly? 

Many thanks in advanced  Smile

kern707
We are probably shouting into the ether here, but I will add my +1, for whatever that's worth.

I was actually a bit surprised to find the site was not mobile friendly, knowing that it's only a few years old (or even newer, for the "new" site). Well, certainly Pine are not alone in this on the whole of the Internet, even though mobile devices make up by far the vast majority of all devices nowadays.
Cheers,
TRS-80

What is Free Software and why is it so important for society?

Protocols, not Platforms

For the most Linux-y experience on your Linux phone, try SXMO!

I am (nominally) the Armbian Maintainer for PineBook Pro (although severely lacking in time these days).
(02-13-2021, 01:44 PM)TRS-80 Wrote: We are probably shouting into the ether here, but I will add my +1, for whatever that's worth.

I was actually a bit surprised to find the site was not mobile friendly, knowing that it's only a few years old (or even newer, for the "new" site).  Well, certainly Pine are not alone in this on the whole of the Internet, even though mobile devices make up by far the vast majority of all devices nowadays.

@TRS-80, received your PM and not able reply back due to your setting.
The forum is not even usable on a desktop.
Too many almost duplicate posts running for years in parallell...
Topics need to be cleaned up. The same topic of 2021 is probably
completely unrelated to the issue that caused the introduction of it in
2016 or even 2020.

Thanks 4 my 20 Agoras...Daniel +972
I was afraid to mention it.

I have been trying to use my pinephone as my daily driver to force myself to contribute more.

Ive had the phone months but held off on the forum since the layout or theme is so bad.

What can we do to help?
(04-25-2021, 05:32 PM)bluekeys Wrote: What can we do to help?

Surely MyBB must have some "responsive" (i.e., mobile friendly) theme or CSS, in 2021? But it would be up to the side admin(s) to implement that, site wide.

Outside of that, some custom CSS (applied locally) I guess might be the only answer?
Cheers,
TRS-80

What is Free Software and why is it so important for society?

Protocols, not Platforms

For the most Linux-y experience on your Linux phone, try SXMO!

I am (nominally) the Armbian Maintainer for PineBook Pro (although severely lacking in time these days).
(02-13-2021, 01:44 PM)TRS-80 Wrote: We are probably shouting into the ether here, but I will add my +1, for whatever that's worth.

I was actually a bit surprised to find the site was not mobile friendly, knowing that it's only a few years old (or even newer, for the "new" site).  Well, certainly Pine are not alone in this on the whole of the Internet, even though mobile devices make up by far the vast majority of all devices nowadays.

There is ether?
+1

I am frustrated that the forum is working so poorly on the PinePhone.
I would consult it more frequently if it was nice to use on the PP.
Can I help in any way to improve that ?

Do we have to resort to something like https://woob.tech/ ?
(02-07-2022, 05:33 PM)gab Wrote: +1

I am  frustrated that the forum is working so poorly on the PinePhone.
I would consult it more frequently if it was nice to use on the PP.
Can I help in any way to improve that ?

Do we have to resort to something like https://woob.tech ?

what happend to it can you explain please, i have visited it but not saw any issue, have your resolved it?
I have been thinking on this too, I have been trying to use my phone with other websites too and so far It has been a ride honestly.

On this same topic, any chance that you know how to make a particular site more usable on our phones? The site has its own app but the app is not good for my phone, so I can use it through browser but many of the features just plain don't work.

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Unable to connect to Pine64 IRC channel due to certificate error? Must-Borrow 1 242 03-10-2024, 02:43 PM
Last Post: Must-Borrow
  Forum Recommendations for Pine64 support? backwoodstech2 0 277 02-04-2024, 07:12 PM
Last Post: backwoodstech2
  Im thinking of building a Pine64 cluster Theirat1991 2 415 01-17-2024, 10:21 PM
Last Post: damiarobber
  PINE64 EU / Disappointment yoriel79 1 750 12-24-2023, 11:00 PM
Last Post: meekice
  How is it going Pine64.org? Corfromleuven 2 928 12-23-2023, 08:15 PM
Last Post: polinkuer12
  Registering my 'nick' on Pine64's IRC network diederik 5 1,070 11-13-2023, 07:36 PM
Last Post: ilebagels
  pine64 opensource dumbphone Phie 13 3,532 08-16-2023, 02:29 PM
Last Post: Phie
  Possible new Pine64 product - Pine Blue Ray DVD Linux tv box Omnios 5 1,394 07-24-2023, 03:21 PM
Last Post: Omnios
  My Pine64 Logo Re-Design & Thoughts About A New Logo me! 0 674 04-24-2023, 10:03 PM
Last Post: me!
  Which Pine64 single-board computer has NO on-board wireless modules? peteressive 2 1,233 03-10-2023, 03:35 PM
Last Post: peteressive