Dissatisfaction
(06-02-2016, 02:39 PM)JCMPine64 Wrote: So let me get this straight...  you are suggesting that if one of the OSes is delayed due to difficulties implementing a single function, the team should have delayed shipping the boards?  I wonder how well that would go over?

As opposed to the endlessly delayed shipping for no obvious reason that we currently have?
Backer #29,562 - KS funded 23 Jan 2016 - Backerkit funded 10 Mar 2016
STATUS - RECEIVED - STILL WAITING FOR MY TRACKING NUMBER THOUGH...  Undecided
Exclamation 
(06-05-2016, 09:25 AM)RichT Wrote:
(06-02-2016, 02:39 PM)JCMPine64 Wrote: So let me get this straight...  you are suggesting that if one of the OSes is delayed due to difficulties implementing a single function, the team should have delayed shipping the boards?  I wonder how well that would go over?

As opposed to the endlessly delayed shipping for no obvious reason that we currently have?
If you could actually read, you would find the reason that shipping is being slow for some is that the Pine team was way under-prepared for the amount of orders they got. On the Kickstarter, their goal was about $31,000. They got over $1.7 million. That's over 50 times the expected amount of interest.

The Raspberry Pi's original debut had the same sort of problem (though on a smaller scale; they had one product to deal with instead of several). It's extremely hard (or at least time intensive) to ramp up production rate of electronics once you already have it set. Especially when you have idiots demanding special treatment, sapping away from their efforts to improve the situation.
Community administrator and sysadmin for PINE64
(Translation: If something breaks on the website, forum, or chat network, I'm a good person to yell at about it)

(06-05-2016, 09:41 AM)fire219 Wrote: If you could actually read, you would find the reason that shipping is being slow for some is that the Pine team was way under-prepared for the amount of orders they got. On the Kickstarter, their goal was about $31,000. They got over $1.7 million. That's over 50 times the expected amount of interest.

The Raspberry Pi's original debut had the same sort of problem (though on a smaller scale; they had one product to deal with instead of several). It's extremely hard (or at least time intensive) to ramp up production rate of electronics once you already have it set. Especially when you have idiots demanding special treatment, sapping away from their efforts to improve the situation.

Yawn... yes, yes, yes, it's all very easy to be magnanimous when you've already got what you've paid for. I know WHY Pine say they have delayed shipping. I also know that they've said that all Kickstarter orders would be fulfilled before Store orders go out, which is not the case. There are Store orders going out now, before I get my Kickstarter reward. Some of us are being screwed and nobody from Pine wants to explain why.
Deep breathing exercises! R E L A X. It's all going to be okay... I can't imagine how busy these guys are, and the last thing they want to do is wet nurse and hold someones whiny head whilst patting them on the back.

Communication is slow, but sure.

Now to figure out why i cant get eth0 to negotiate at a gig. It works when I plug into a 10/100 hub.
(06-05-2016, 09:48 AM)RichT Wrote: Yawn... yes, yes, yes, it's all very easy to be magnanimous when you've already got what you've paid for...

You keep saying this as if you're the only one who hasn't received their Kickstarter rewards... Just FYI, there are still a lot of people who haven't, myself included. The only thing we can really do is be patient. I understand the frustration with people starting to receive their store orders already. I wasn't thrilled to see that either, but what can we really do?
(06-05-2016, 03:04 PM)Inuyasha Wrote: You keep saying this as if you're the only one who hasn't received their Kickstarter rewards... Just FYI, there are still a lot of people who haven't, myself included. The only thing we can really do is be patient. I understand the frustration with people starting to receive their store orders already. I wasn't thrilled to see that either, but what can we really do?

I've said it twice, and I know I'm not the only person still waiting. I know I'm not the only person who is angry about this situation, but just shrugging and saying "what the hell" is not going to accomplish anything.

Pine said that Kickstarter orders would ship perhaps before May, but no later – they lied.

Pine said that all Kickstarter awards would be fulfilled before Store orders went out – they lied.

Pine said there was a nine-day wait to respond to emails – they lied (I'm still waiting for responses to two emails sent on May 10th).

My order's been showing that it's ready to ship for over a month now. When I got bored of waiting I asked Pine if they could cancel my order and give me a refund – they refused. So now here I am stuck waiting for an order I no longer want from a company that seems to be unable or unwilling to deliver, but they won't give me my money back or even tell me when I can expect delivery. The catch-all excuse Pine keep wheeling out, that they've been too busy and demand has been overwhelming, doesn't really wash. Pine were happy to take all our money, how about they use all that unprecedented cash influx for all those unexpected orders to hire extra staff to help them meet deadlines? Instead we just get whiny updates that don't really answer anything. WE'VE FUNDED YOUR COMPANY AND YOUR PRODUCT. SHOW US SOME RESPECT.
(06-05-2016, 03:23 PM)RichT Wrote:
(06-05-2016, 03:04 PM)Inuyasha Wrote: You keep saying this as if you're the only one who hasn't received their Kickstarter rewards...  Just FYI, there are still a lot of people who haven't, myself included.  The only thing we can really do is be patient.  I understand the frustration with people starting to receive their store orders already.  I wasn't thrilled to see that either, but what can we really do?

I've said it twice, and I know I'm not the only person still waiting. I know I'm not the only person who is angry about this situation, but just shrugging and saying "what the hell" is not going to accomplish anything.

Pine said that Kickstarter orders would ship perhaps before May, but no later – they lied.

Pine said that all Kickstarter awards would be fulfilled before Store orders went out – they lied.

Pine said there was a nine-day wait to respond to emails – they lied (I'm still waiting for responses to two emails sent on May 10th).

My order's been showing that it's ready to ship for over a month now. When I got bored of waiting I asked Pine if they could cancel my order and give me a refund – they refused. So now here I am stuck waiting for an order I no longer want from a company that seems to be unable or unwilling to deliver, but they won't give me my money back or even tell me when I can expect delivery. The catch-all excuse Pine keep wheeling out, that they've been too busy and demand has been overwhelming, doesn't really wash. Pine were happy to take all our money, how about they use all that unprecedented cash influx for all those unexpected orders to hire extra staff to help them meet deadlines? Instead we just get whiny updates that don't really answer anything. WE'VE FUNDED YOUR COMPANY AND YOUR PRODUCT. SHOW US SOME RESPECT.
I totally understand your frustration, but it seems to me that you need to take a chill-pill, logg off the great world wide web and maybe take a trip to a remote cabin in the woods to cool your jets... Calm down. We would'nt want you to have a heartattack or anything.
(06-05-2016, 03:04 PM)Inuyasha Wrote: You keep saying this as if you're the only one who hasn't received their Kickstarter rewards...  Just FYI, there are still a lot of people who haven't, myself included.  The only thing we can really do is be patient.  I understand the frustration with people starting to receive their store orders already.  I wasn't thrilled to see that either, but what can we really do?

It seems to be the trending sentiment that kickstarter projects don't attract people that actually have customer service experience. Everything that you have said about Pine64, is the same thing that you could have said about Oculus Rift. Which I've gotten both (haven't used Oculus yet, still waiting on a decently priced 1080)... The Pine64, I just got last Saturday, put a DD Android 5.1 and booted up just fine but then I put the WIFI on it and bam, went out of commission IE constant reboots (see other threads) ..... The PI 3 had no such issues.. So at this point really cares about supposed performance..
(06-07-2016, 06:13 AM)neverthehero Wrote:

It seems to be the trending sentiment that kickstarter projects don't attract people that actually have customer service experience. Everything that you have said about Pine64, is the same thing that you could have said about Oculus Rift. Which I've gotten both (haven't used Oculus yet, still waiting on a decently priced 1080)... The Pine64, I just got last Saturday, put a DD Android 5.1 and booted up just fine but then I put the WIFI on it and bam, went out of commission IE constant reboots (see other threads) ..... The PI 3 had no such issues.. So at this point really cares about supposed performance..
I dont see how you can possibly compare a first gen Pine with a Pi3. How about comparing it with the first Pi and you are closer.
Pine is still in the early beginning while Pi has had many years to become what they are (as a product and as a community).
I love my Pine, I use it as cheap Synology work-alike. I have Plex(for mobile audio), NFS for the Kodi media centers; fire tv sticks, and TVHeadend for PVR and floating network tv to each of the said media centers. I have a 4TB external USB drive attached to it and it is configured to put the drive to sleep after 3 minutes to go green.

It's working so well that I bought another one for my parents because they where impressed with the setup.