Flashing SC card for Ubuntu Touch
Hello,

I'm a NOOB. I have an Ubuntu computer and a Windows 10 computer. I have also had a stroke. I have just bought my Pinephone with Manjaro on it, but it has Postmarket OS on it instead. I want to flash my phone, but am not sure how to do it. I followed the following instructions:

Detailed usage instructions
  1. Download the Jumpdrive image
  2. Flash the Jumpdrive image to a micro SD card
  3. Boot the PinePhone from the Jumpdrive micro SD card
  4. Connect the PinePhone to your computer using USB-A -> USB-C cable
  5. Flash the exposed PinePhone drive (e.g. /dev/mm..., check for the right device in dmesg, GNOME disks, or similar, and make sure it's unmounted) with your chosen OS image
  6. Once the flashing process is complete, disconnect the PinePhone from your PC, power it down and remove the Jumpdrive SD card
  7. The process is now finished, and you can boot from eMMC
I got the Jumpdrive image on my pinephone saying that it's ready to go but then (point 5) I'm not sure. How do I flash my pinephone? Do I use etcher? Also, which computer is easier, the Ubuntu or the Windows?

Many thanks,

Chris
(11-19-2020, 07:12 AM)thorensjubilee Wrote: Hello,

I'm a NOOB. I have an Ubuntu computer and a Windows 10 computer. I have also had a stroke. I have just bought my Pinephone with Manjaro on it, but it has Postmarket OS on it instead. I want to flash my phone, but am not sure how to do it. I followed the following instructions:

5. Flash the exposed PinePhone drive (e.g. /dev/mm..., check for the right device in dmesg, GNOME disks, or similar, and make sure it's unmounted) with your chosen OS image
  6. Once the flashing process is complete, disconnect the PinePhone from your PC, power it down and remove the Jumpdrive SD card
I got the Jumpdrive image on my pinephone saying that it's ready to go but then (point 5) I'm not sure. How do I flash my pinephone? Do I use etcher? Also, which computer is easier, the Ubuntu or the Windows?

Many thanks,

Chris
With Ubuntu, just double click on the manjaro image. It will open the built in disk copying program. Be sure to select the sd card and not your harddrive. It will ask you to confirm twice before doing it.
(11-19-2020, 11:29 AM)rocket2nfinity Wrote:
(11-19-2020, 07:12 AM)thorensjubilee Wrote: Hello,

Many thanks,

Chris
With Ubuntu, just double click on the manjaro image. It will open the built in disk copying program. Be sure to select the sd card and not your harddrive. It will ask you to confirm twice before doing it.

Thanks for replying. I have already used the Jumpdrive to flash UB Ports to my Pine phone.
Chris

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  install iso from sd card to emmc aular 2 167 03-11-2024, 10:24 PM
Last Post: tllim
  How To Access the Pine Phone Auxillary microSD Without Removing Card pinephoneuser22 2 789 01-09-2024, 07:02 PM
Last Post: britelite
  SD Card has wrong capacity AndyM 11 2,127 06-11-2023, 12:30 AM
Last Post: AndyM
  trouble flashing eMMC TylerBlackberry 3 1,124 04-13-2023, 05:55 AM
Last Post: Kevin Kofler
  Device Unable To Read MicroSD Card _radv_ 19 5,681 02-18-2023, 02:01 PM
Last Post: _radv_
  SIM Card Slot Terror thismarty 4 1,364 12-21-2022, 05:37 PM
Last Post: thismarty
  MicroSD Card Reuse _radv_ 5 1,869 12-12-2022, 12:26 PM
Last Post: chainingsolid
  Pine Phone Doesn't Recognize New MicroSD Card _radv_ 3 1,306 11-23-2022, 05:19 AM
Last Post: _radv_
  SIM Card Install pineme 4 4,987 06-10-2022, 03:15 AM
Last Post: rocket2nfinity
  Flashing gone wrong erg 9 4,171 05-28-2022, 10:52 AM
Last Post: fxc