After todays upgrade unlock screen does not work anymore
Today on my sdcard with Manjaro I ran pamac upgrade. Although I saw a few doubtful messages it seemed to run to a successful end.
However, after rebooting I can no longer unlock the screen. ssh is still working but I have no idea how I could repair that situation?
I am facing the exact same problem, seems like latest updates updated libwlroots.so.6 to libwlroots.so.7
but phoc still needs libwlroots.so.6...
phoc have been updated, but that update bricks the device (no way to get a shell, the phone powers on and than turns off)
this is related to a segfault in phoc. I'd suggest not to update it yet if you still wish to have remote access to your phone.
otherwise you'll have to chroot to it  in order to inspect/repair it.
I guess we just have to be patient and wait for another update...
With several users confirming the issue, I just wonder why images still do not get any testing before being released?

Although I do value the time and effort of developers I must say that this proves contempt of the users time and interest Blush
Quote:With several users confirming the issue, I just wonder why images still do not get any testing before being released?

They do, the image I flashed worked approximately well.
But the updates on another hand broke the environment. knowing that this is still a work in progress, things like this can be expected.
If you want to keep the image's stability, just don't update until a new major release.

Quote:Although I do value the time and effort of developers I must say that this proves contempt of the users time and interest [Image: blush.png]

There is absolutely no contempt...

The user as you say it, should be aware what they are buying... Manjaro phosh is still in heavy development, done by the manjaro community and by the librem developers/community, and all this for free. not by Pine64.
You may want to complain against Pine64, but it is just useless. They are just building the hardware and maybe providing support to developers.

You may not agree with Pine64's model, but you shouldn't have bought this phone in the first place if you wanted something 100% stable. I think Pine64 have always been clear about the fact that the software is done by the community. Just read the pinephone page:

Quote:The purpose of the PinePhone isn’t only to deliver a functioning Linux phone to end-users, but also to actively create a market for such a device, as well as to support existing and well established Linux-on-Phone projects. All major Linux Phone-oriented projects, as well as other FOSS OS’, are represented on the PinePhone and developers work together on our platform to bring support this this community driven device.

Just be patient, and wait for a fix. Or just buy a new phone, because the pinephone is not going to be super stable just yet.
a new phoc update is available, and it fixes the issue on my side.
in order to update it:

Code:
sudo pacman -S --override "*" phoc
--override is required to force installation of phoc, otherwise it will complain about wlroots.

and than:
Code:
sudo pacman -Syu

and reboot.
if you have shell access, or you can chroot i.e. from a jumpdrive boot, then just roll back the updates. all pacman updates are stored in /var/log/pacman.log and old packages are stored in /var/cache/pacman/pkg/

..or at least they are in vanilla arch

in the pacman log it's very clear, the pacman command is listed, and then a transaction started message, then each updated package is listed. should be fairly easy to roll back changes
(11-12-2020, 03:02 PM)ak42 Wrote: a new phoc update is available, and it fixes the issue on my side.
in order to update it:

Code:
sudo pacman -S --override "*" phoc
--override is required to force installation of phoc, otherwise it will complain about wlroots.

and than:
Code:
sudo pacman -Syu

and reboot.
Just wondering: In my installation "--override" is rejected (unknown) ???
sorry, I meant --overwrite
I have gotten yesterday in the afternoon, in the "Software" application of the PinePhone, a notification that an "OS Update" is available. I did not tap on "download" yet.
Is that the said update that bricks the phone?

One thing that I do not understand, why there is no details? also with the first Update that I have made (which was very positive!), all that was written was something like "performance and security updates", I think it will be useful that some additional details will be added to the update description, especially when this is an OS update (which core libs are being updated? kernel? from which version number to what? etc..)

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  screen brightness Uturn 1 600 10-09-2023, 04:38 AM
Last Post: Eugo
  screen brightness locked Uturn 0 587 07-07-2023, 09:38 AM
Last Post: Uturn
  new PinePhone upgrade issue WhiteHexagon 5 1,615 05-09-2023, 04:09 PM
Last Post: WhiteHexagon
  Backup and Home Screen Tinkering on Phosh jakfish 0 809 02-24-2023, 12:56 PM
Last Post: jakfish
  Screen timeout makes alarm and timer unusable... Eugo 9 3,792 10-03-2022, 01:41 AM
Last Post: Eugo
  Screen blocker is damaged ("loginctl unlock-session c1" problem) Gon 2 1,853 09-29-2022, 12:42 PM
Last Post: Firewave
  Disabling screen timeout for plasma mobile rp3 7 7,011 09-05-2022, 03:50 PM
Last Post: christev1
  |Plasma] Blank screen + pointer, SDDM error tuxmain 0 942 07-04-2022, 11:42 AM
Last Post: tuxmain
  How to return to "home screen" hiddenpotato 7 6,086 03-05-2022, 06:21 AM
Last Post: dcinoz
  Manjaro Welcome screen landscape JohanB89 2 2,123 11-12-2021, 01:13 AM
Last Post: acrux