What works. What doesn't work.
(11-12-2020, 11:17 AM)sfb Wrote:
(11-12-2020, 01:09 AM)liewyec Wrote: Hello, I have the Manjaro edition pinephone and I flashed SD card with sailfish OS, but I can't unlock sim card. It is detected, but when i try to unlock it in settings I can see dialog asking for pin but when i try to confirm pin it does nothing. I have same problem with telegram, I insert login code and than nothing is happening. Does someone has any idea how to fix ti?
Sorry for the stupid question but you did accept your input by swiping?

No i used button in bottom right corner of the keyboard. It is possible to accept by swiping?
(11-12-2020, 01:09 AM)liewyec Wrote: Hello, I have the Manjaro edition pinephone and I flashed SD card with sailfish OS, but I can't unlock sim card. It is detected, but when i try to unlock it in settings I can see dialog asking for pin but when i try to confirm pin it does nothing. I have same problem with telegram, I insert login code and than nothing is happening. Does someone has any idea how to fix ti?
At what URL did you get the download image?
(11-12-2020, 01:10 PM)LinAdmin2 Wrote:
At what URL did you get the download image?

I used flashing script from here https://wiki.pine64.org/index.php/PinePh...SailfishOS. Before that i tried to download the image from gitlab. Link to gitlab is on the same page as the flashing script
@liewyec 
Since my SailfishOS images taken as whole image and written using dd only a long time ago allowed me to boot into SailfishOS, this time I tried using the flash-it script. It did run without any error message. When booting in the phone it did first display the screen allowing to select language (German) and then rebooted. From there on it only displays the logo and never comes to the unlock screen.

I just wonder how it is possible that others obtain a running system???
Maybe it is necessary to align the phone exactly north-south or bribe some admin???
I used etcher to flash the card, but i have 32GB card and it uses only like 3GB of space. The flashing script uses the entire card for the system. It sometimeo reboots, and freezes similar way as it happens to you, but after reboot it works. Anyway i disabled pin on sim card for now a I can send, receive messages, and mobile data works, i did not try calls yet, but i tried to update to version 3.4.0.24 and today it is somehow broken. Yesterday it work fine and today it fails for some reason.
(11-13-2020, 12:36 PM)liewyec Wrote: I used etcher to flash the card, but i have 32GB card and it uses only like 3GB of space. The flashing script uses the entire card for the system. It sometimeo reboots, and freezes similar way as it happens to you, but after reboot it works. Anyway i disabled pin on sim card for now a I can send, receive messages, and mobile data works, i did not try calls yet, but i tried to update to version 3.4.0.24 and today it is somehow broken. Yesterday it work fine and today it fails for some reason.
I had a similar situation but for me Sailfish just stopped charging so it may as well be broken. Also worth noting, I don't think MMS is working on Sailfish.
(11-16-2020, 09:36 AM)ragreenburg Wrote:
(11-13-2020, 12:36 PM)liewyec Wrote: I used etcher to flash the card, but i have 32GB card and it uses only like 3GB of space. The flashing script uses the entire card for the system. It sometimeo reboots, and freezes similar way as it happens to you, but after reboot it works. Anyway i disabled pin on sim card for now a I can send, receive messages, and mobile data works, i did not try calls yet, but i tried to update to version 3.4.0.24 and today it is somehow broken. Yesterday it work fine and today it fails for some reason.
I had a similar situation but for me Sailfish just stopped charging so it may as well be broken. Also worth noting, I don't think MMS is working on Sailfish.

As long as I have working Telegram I don't care. I didn't use MMS in years.