Analogue audio quality
I use at this time a Raspberry Pi with HifiBerry-DAC and Kodi as music library/player. Due to my audio setup (vintage analogue amp) I cannot use digital audio. The analogue audio output via phone jack on the raspberry pi was very shitty and didn't work for movies at all. So I had to add the HifiBerry. I'm very content with that choice.

May question is now: How good will the audio quality be via the analogue phone jack on the Pine A64? And will there be any hassle with movie playback like on the raspberry pi? And if you'd advice a "pine-dac", when can I expect it to be available?

Thank you!
you can add you HifiBerry-DAC on the board, because it's the same pin I/O of rapsberry pi. it's comptabible normally it should be work
That would be GREAT! Thank you!
(01-14-2016, 04:24 AM)hazerty Wrote: you can add you HifiBerry-DAC  on the board, because it's the same pin I/O of rapsberry pi. it's comptabible normally it should be work

How should this work without I2S? http://forum.pine64.org/showthread.php?t...722#pid722
Hm... do I need an external HDMI-Sound-Extractor then?
(01-14-2016, 02:53 AM)bobhund Wrote: I use at this time a Raspberry Pi with HifiBerry-DAC and Kodi as music library/player. Due to my audio setup (vintage analogue amp) I cannot use digital audio. The analogue audio output via phone jack on the raspberry pi was very shitty and didn't work for movies at all. So I had to add the HifiBerry. I'm very content with that choice.

May question is now: How good will the audio quality be via the analogue phone jack on the Pine A64? And will there be any hassle with movie playback like on the raspberry pi? And if you'd advice a "pine-dac", when can I expect it to be available?

Thank you!

There is two HiFi companies already starts work with us on a analogue audio output add on card, and should be available around Q2 timeframe. Phone Jack audio quality is just OK and not good for audiophile.

(01-14-2016, 05:18 AM)Galileo Wrote:
(01-14-2016, 04:24 AM)hazerty Wrote: you can add you HifiBerry-DAC  on the board, because it's the same pin I/O of rapsberry pi. it's comptabible normally it should be work

How should this work without I2S? http://forum.pine64.org/showthread.php?t...722#pid722

The Pi connector in Pine A64 board doesn't share the I2S signals like RPi. The Pine A64's I2S signals located at Euler connector.
(01-14-2016, 10:23 AM)tllim Wrote: There is two HiFi companies already starts work with us on a analogue audio output add on card, and should be available around Q2 timeframe. Phone Jack audio quality is just OK and not good for audiophile.

That sounds promising! backed already Smile is it possible to buy those two together?
(01-14-2016, 10:34 AM)bobhund Wrote:
(01-14-2016, 10:23 AM)tllim Wrote: There is two HiFi companies already starts work with us on a analogue audio output add on card, and should be available around Q2 timeframe. Phone Jack audio quality is just OK and not good for audiophile.

That sounds promising! backed already Smile is it possible to buy those two together?

The Wifi add -on board only available around Q2, you can purchase both together on Q2 time after Kickstarter campaign.
(01-14-2016, 11:56 AM)tllim Wrote: The Wifi add -on board only available around Q2, you can purchase both together on Q2 time after Kickstarter campaign.

Hifi board I suppose? And if I already backed now?
(01-14-2016, 12:03 PM)bobhund Wrote:
(01-14-2016, 11:56 AM)tllim Wrote: The Wifi add -on board only available around Q2, you can purchase both together on Q2 time after Kickstarter campaign.

Hifi board I suppose? And if I already backed now?

The Hifi board only available on Q2.

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Audio DAC pot board nejec 2 6,353 12-09-2017, 01:43 PM
Last Post: nejec
Music Audio codecs PDOGG 5 11,234 02-28-2017, 12:44 AM
Last Post: ealltech