Manjaro Community Edition Shipping thread
(12-04-2020, 03:20 AM)cmicallef Wrote: @Ramanathan  Today, DHL has told me the same thing about my PBP order.

DHL says that the shipping label was created on 23 November 2020 but nothing has happened since.

This is contrary to an email from the PineBook Team on 27 November 2020. The PB Team told me that they finished processing my order and that my order has been shipped via DHL. I've just emailed them with DHL's reply and awaiting a reply. I'll let you know if I hear anything.

Please people don't spam the poor Pine64 support team with such unnecessary questions.

DHL needs weeks sometimes to pick up your parcel due to high shipping demand. This is true for any order, including Ali-express. Most of everyone with a PBP order was waiting for shipment with the label created on 23 November 2020.

Please practice patience. Pine64 is a serious company, there is no reason at all to fear loosing your money.
Hi there, I've been supporting Open source since 2006. totally shifted to Linux.
was very happy to know about Pine64 and I placed an order[Order #155203] on  October 30, 2020.
Item was processed on 6th Nov... so far so good... however yesterday I was informed that the shipper has asked for return of package & item never left HonKong... the item was not shipped out of HongKong & has been returned to shipper(details/reason - Not mentioned)...
Kind of sad...
 its not the money or refun I am bothered about...
its my hopes of finally getting out of the clutches of Microsoft(I have more or less suceeded) and Google/android(still waiting)...

Hope I get a fresh shipment either manjaro or KDE(I am comfortable with most Linux Distors) instead of refund...

thanks... Keep up the good work...
regards
(12-04-2020, 08:17 PM)Engineer Wrote: Please people don't spam the poor Pine64 support team with such unnecessary questions.

DHL needs weeks sometimes to pick up your parcel due to high shipping demand. This is true for any order[…]

Is there a way for everyone to know that, other than guessing to look in this particular post hidden away within the forums?
@Engineer With respect, I was not spamming them. I did not suggest that I was going to lose any money. I did not suggest that Pine64 was not a serious company. I simply stated that I was receiving conflicting messages between DHL and PineBook Team. My question was therefore a necessary one and your comments on the aforementioned were completely unwarranted.

I do practice patience. I'm waiting patiently for my order (which is currently with my country's customs agent) and I have not complained about delivery times. In the past, I happily waited almost three months for a delivery from Pine64 and I knew what was going on at the time (and I also knew there would be a long wait when I ordered it). I only raised a query in this case because, as I have stated, I received conflicting messages  Again, your comment about having patience was also unwarranted.

This is not the first time I have purchased goods from Pine64, nor will it be the last. I have been very happy with products they supply and my dealings with them.

As @desca rightfully pointed out, if it wasn't for your comment about DHL and Ali-Express, I would have to guess what is going on and/or hunt through forums for answers.
Just chiming in in case there were any other late November orders members, still waiting (patiently) for shipping news as mid-December approaches but hopeful for something in the next week or two Smile
(12-05-2020, 09:07 AM)kat22 Wrote: Hi there, I've been supporting Open source since 2006. totally shifted to Linux.
was very happy to know about Pine64 and I placed an order[Order #155203] on  October 30, 2020.
Item was processed on 6th Nov... so far so good... however yesterday I was informed that the shipper has asked for return of package & item never left HonKong... the item was not shipped out of HongKong & has been returned to shipper(details/reason - Not mentioned)...
Kind of sad...
 its not the money or refun I am bothered about...
its my hopes of finally getting out of the clutches of Microsoft(I have more or less suceeded) and Google/android(still waiting)...

Hope I get a fresh shipment either manjaro or KDE(I am comfortable with most Linux Distors) instead of refund...

thanks... Keep up the good work...
regards

That's odd. DHL does customs clearance with your country before the package leaves HongKong. If I were a betting man, I would guess that your order was rejected by the customs of your country. Then the item is shipped back to Pine64. You should contact Pine64 for that.

Let us know if there are any updates!

(12-05-2020, 11:14 AM)desca Wrote:
(12-04-2020, 08:17 PM)Engineer Wrote: Please people don't spam the poor Pine64 support team with such unnecessary questions.

DHL needs weeks sometimes to pick up your parcel due to high shipping demand. This is true for any order[…]

Is there a way for everyone to know that, other than guessing to look in this particular post hidden away within the forums?

Yes, unfortunately. You can also just post in the open forum section and someone will direct you to a particular hidden forum section.

(12-05-2020, 05:49 PM)cmicallef Wrote: @Engineer With respect, I was not spamming them. I did not suggest that I was going to lose any money. I did not suggest that Pine64 was not a serious company. I simply stated that I was receiving conflicting messages between DHL and PineBook Team. My question was therefore a necessary one and your comments on the aforementioned were completely unwarranted.

I do practice patience. I'm waiting patiently for my order (which is currently with my country's customs agent) and I have not complained about delivery times. In the past, I happily waited almost three months for a delivery from Pine64 and I knew what was going on at the time (and I also knew there would be a long wait when I ordered it). I only raised a query in this case because, as I have stated, I received conflicting messages  Again, your comment about having patience was also unwarranted.

This is not the first time I have purchased goods from Pine64, nor will it be the last. I have been very happy with products they supply and my dealings with them.

As @desca rightfully pointed out, if it wasn't for your comment about DHL and Ali-Express, I would have to guess what is going on and/or hunt through forums for answers.

I apologize @cmicallef, I was was hangry when I wrote that post. _-_ Let's stay in touch, I am usually behaving. lol. Here are a few tips!

Thanks for being a Piner! I am writing as we speak on my new Pinebook Pro. As a newbie, I found the PinePhone a little less useful as a daily driver. I depend on some android apps for my work. So I am going with an Android open source phone instead. The pinebook is amazing. Zoom works okay in the web browser. I found out that having too many tabs open while zooming makes the poor pinebook almost freeze up. I think using zoom without the webcam works best. I have like 30 dead pixels or so and my USB C port is strangely bent. I don't find those defects bad at all, the pixels are tiny and they are not noticeable on white backgrounds. The USB C Still works. The rest of the laptop is fantastic, daily driver ready! Highly recommend it to pros and newbies alike. It blows my mind, this thing, really. Oh and important!!! Get yourself the fastest sd card and flash your favorite OS on that. Stick in the SD card BEFORE you do your first boot up, when your pinebook arrives! This way the emmc stays like new from the factory and when you mess something up, just shut down the pinebook, take out the sd, reflash, and put back in the pinebook.
Hj all. New to this forum. Hopefully am directing this in the right form. I recently bought the Pinephone Community Edition KDE. Paid with PayPal and got the transaction receipt from them. As of today, I have yet to receive an email from Pine64.org. is this normal?
Thanks in advance.

Sent from my SM-N986U1 using Tapatalk
(12-08-2020, 07:20 PM)PineMan200p Wrote: Hj all. New to this forum. Hopefully am directing this in the right form. I recently bought the Pinephone Community Edition KDE. Paid with PayPal and got  the transaction receipt from them. As of today, I have yet to receive an email from Pine64.org. is this normal?
Thanks in advance.

Sent from my SM-N986U1 using Tapatalk

Welcome!!!

Yes this is normal. When I ordered my pinephone it took them weeks to send me a confirmation email. They have a really good order management team, they know you ordered a pinephone. Give them (a lot of) time.

I cannot emphasize this enough. Patience is really part of the Pine64 (community product) ownership experience. When you get your pinephone, you will need a lot of patience with software bugs, opening\closing your phone, flashing different operating systems, etc.
NOTE :
  The Pinebook Pro does not have super fast 'READ' speed for the sd card,    While a 'good sd card' is 'recommended' 

But an expensive super sd card is not going to change the hardware.
      LINUX = CHOICES
         **BCnAZ**
               Idea
   Donate to $upport
your favorite OS Team
Just placed an order for a PinePhone Manjaro Convergence edition, can't wait to receive it. I know it's bad etiquette but I'm hyped and want to know if there's any potential ETA Big Grin ?

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  New community website! Luke 3 2,099 10-19-2023, 02:10 PM
Last Post: zer0sig
  Shipping Update and Stock Availability Thread Luke 87 88,317 03-05-2023, 12:35 PM
Last Post: maos
  PinePhone community poll results Luke 2 3,692 02-01-2022, 04:03 PM
  PinePhone Pro Explorer Edition is now available Luke 1 3,189 01-12-2022, 11:52 AM
  PinePhone BE & Pinebook Pro shipping update thread Luke 136 164,845 06-04-2021, 09:43 AM
Last Post: Luke
  PinePhone Mobian CE shipping update thread Luke 59 79,830 04-25-2021, 12:57 PM
  PinePhone BETA Edition pre-orders start March 24 Luke 2 6,004 04-23-2021, 09:25 PM
Last Post: ryo
  PinePhone KDE Community Edition shipping update thread. Luke 135 174,659 04-11-2021, 01:47 PM
Video February Community Update Video Synopsis Luke 0 2,888 02-19-2021, 08:23 PM
  December Community News Discussion Luke 2 7,458 01-19-2021, 04:48 PM