EB-BJ700CBE batteries
I recently purchased a EB-BJ700CBE battery from eBay, and can confirm the FAQ note:

Quote:There is a report that model "EB-BJ700CBE" might be incompatible

The EB-BJ700CBE is indeed physically incompatible with the Braveheart Edition PinePhone, due to small plastic feet on the bottom of the battery:

[Image: image-20087aa2-214e-421a-aee9-bbdd287b74d0.jpg]

However!  A few seconds with a Dremel and a sanding drum, and the feet were no more:

[Image: image-1a68c320-020c-4974-8e11-0f3b13715896.jpg]

The battery now fits, and seems to work as expected.  To be super clear, I'm not 100% sure of the electrical compatibility, despite it appearing to work just fine (takes a charge, and runs the phone without issue). But the physical compatibility was an easy fix - just remove the little plastic feet.
Thanks for sharing !
      LINUX = CHOICES
         **BCnAZ**
               Idea
   Donate to $upport
your favorite OS Team
Are you using a Braveheart? Community Edition devices should have recesses for the tabs, see my reply to a previous thread on this topic.
(10-21-2020, 06:16 PM)jed Wrote: Are you using a Braveheart? Community Edition devices should have recesses for the tabs, see my reply to a previous thread on this topic.

Ah, yes - it is a Braveheart.  I've updated my post to highlight that.
@duncan_bayne Out of interest, how does the CBE fit? The BBC battery is difficult to remove without a lever, due to its height.
(10-21-2020, 06:25 PM)jed Wrote: @duncan_bayne Out of interest, how does the CBE fit? The BBC battery is difficult to remove without a lever, due to its height.

It's very slightly more snug than the original battery, but not unreasonable.  I can easily remove it without a tool of any sort.
(10-21-2020, 06:25 PM)jed Wrote: @duncan_bayne Out of interest, how does the CBE fit? The BBC battery is difficult to remove without a lever, due to its height.

The CBE and BBC seems have different tab sizes and we discovered this difference during Braveheart time. The tab tolerance has been loosen on the Community Edition case design.
(10-26-2020, 02:28 PM)tllim Wrote: The CBE and BBC seems have different tab sizes and we discovered this difference during Braveheart time. The tab tolerance has been loosen on the Community Edition case design.

Thanks TL. I knew the CE could take the Samsung batteries without modification, but it's good to see part numbers qualifying that statement.