Connection but No Internet
I've been running a RockPro64 in the NASCase for a while now but recently has some issues with internet connectivity.

I had been able to ssh and use everything as normal with the exception of connecting to the internet. The issue seemed to have occur while a docker build was pulling a package and my LAN was switched off.

I just tried a fresh install of dietpi (as well as armbian, now) and am still having the same issue of having no internet connection while appearing to have other networking capabilities. I've reset everything to DHCP on my router. I'm stumped on this one. Does anyone have any idea of what else I should try?
(10-18-2020, 07:25 PM)Blake Wrote: I've been running a RockPro64 in the NASCase for a while now but recently has some issues with internet connectivity.

I had been able to ssh and use everything as normal with the exception of connecting to the internet. The issue seemed to have occur while a docker build was pulling a package and my LAN was switched off.

I just tried a fresh install of dietpi (as well as armbian, now) and am still having the same issue of having no internet connection while appearing to have other networking capabilities. I've reset everything to DHCP on my router. I'm stumped on this one. Does anyone have any idea of what else I should try?
Very slow connection to a rockpro64 has been reported in this thread:

https://forum.pine64.org/showthread.php?...ps%2Ctxpbl

There is a solution in the thread, too.

However, I have a new rockpro64 and my ethernet connection is very slow. I can't update or do anything else on the ethernet
connection, because everything times out. The solution offered in the thread doesn't work for me. To be sure that this iis not a hardware
issue, I installed mr.fixit's image. No problems with  the internet connection with this image. So it's not hardware related.
Well, I found a solution to that: I took the device tree file from armbian and copied into my manjaro installation. Now the ethernet connection in Manjaro is as fast as it is on the armbian install.

Edit 20.10.2020:
And the rock64 usb wifi dongle works, too!

Edit II 20,10,2020:
Only works when booting from sd card. Doesn't work when booting from emmc. Reason is (from the journal): kernel: carrier lost !?!?
(10-19-2020, 01:59 PM)vfr400racer Wrote: Well, I found a solution to that: I took the device tree file from armbian and copied into my manjaro installation. Now the ethernet connection in Manjaro is as fast as it is on the armbian install.
That's good to hear! Hopefully that can help some people out.

I hate to admit this one, but after trying a couple of other OS' and everything working locally, I determined it must be something with my networking. I performed a full reset on my router and it seems to be working now. Now on to getting the fan speeds dialed in Rolleyes
Well it seems to be happening again. After getting a successful update and upgrade, I shut it off for the night. The next day I booted to begin work again and it's lost its internet connection again. I know that nothing has changed since last night. I'm definitely puzzled at this point. Has anyone experienced anything similar to this or have any clue where I should start diagnosing?

Edit: just to note - I'm using an ethernet connection on and edgerouter x
I'm literally about to pull my hair out. Does anyone know why I'm not able to get wifi to work? When configuring with the DietPi setup, all I get is, "No Supported WiFi hardware was found."

Has anyone else had a problem with enabling WiFi?

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  newbie unable to reach the internet splash131 3 4,471 05-15-2019, 07:57 PM
Last Post: splash131
  Problem with connection timeouts Dratcha 11 12,036 10-03-2018, 02:57 AM
Last Post: Luke
Sad Noob connecting to internet splash131 3 4,514 09-01-2018, 02:28 AM
Last Post: evilbunny