[WIP] Sailfish OS Alpha
(01-06-2021, 06:14 AM)peperjohnny Wrote: This might be of help https://sailfishos.org/wiki/Sailfish_OS_Cheat_Sheet

A place to start.

Thank you
flash-it gave me an SD card which booted up just fine. Sailfish OS is as attractive as I remember! The only real "gotcha" I encountered is that the browser audio support seems broken--nothing will play in any audio format?
I haven't had a new install of it in a while and fumbled so much with my audio config that I thought I broke it myself. In the telegram channel a dev said, that sound should be running. I'll rebuild on a fresh sd card and give you feedback then.
(06-09-2021, 12:43 AM)peperjohnny Wrote: I haven't had a new install of it in a while and fumbled so much with my audio config that I thought I broke it myself. In the telegram channel a dev said, that sound should be running. I'll rebuild on a fresh sd card and give you feedback then.

Hi! I just had a chance to refresh my SFOS image, and browser audio is indeed still broken. It doesn't seem like a ALSA audio router type issue; the audio element itself stops incrementing its time counter.

The other "gotcha" is if you leave the tablet plugged in and charging, the screen endlessly cycles back on at 20 second intervals.
Just checking with the current status of this project. Recently got my hands on a Pinetab and still exploring all the OS's that can be used on it. Remember that SailfishOS looked beautiful on the Pinephone and wanted to take it for a spin on the Pinetab.

I tried to install via the flash-it script and it seemed to not to boot off of the SD card. Looked like it formatted / copied the files correctly but was just wondering if there was an image I could try out as well.

Thanks,
Proud Owner : 
OG Pinephone 
Pinetime
Pinetab