Pinetab Detachable Keyboard
I finally was able to unbox my Pinetab with keyboard today.    I have tried the UBPorts, Mobian and Arch images so far.    A reoccurring issue I'm running into is that some of the keys on the keyboard do not work.

So far, it appears the following keys are inoperable ( well, at least keys that echo when pushed without a combination of other keys required ):

qwruasdfjkl;'zx

The key repeat speed seems to be different as well on the keys that surround ones that are not functional

When I plug in a USB Logitech K400 wireless keyboard, it seems to function as expected.

Is it possible I have a firmware issue that flashing would solve?     I fear, because it is partially operational that there is some underlying hardware issue with portions of the keyboard.   Any ideas anyone might have would be much appreciated.

On a side note, I must give kudos to the DanctNIX community.   The Arch image is very functional, including auto rotate.
(10-12-2020, 10:47 AM)karlyn Wrote: I finally was able to unbox my Pinetab with keyboard today.    I have tried the UBPorts, Mobian and Arch images so far.    A reoccurring issue I'm running into is that some of the keys on the keyboard do not work.

So far, it appears the following keys are inoperable ( well, at least keys that echo when pushed without a combination of other keys required ):

qwruasdfjkl;'zx

The key repeat speed seems to be different as well on the keys that surround ones that are not functional

When I plug in a USB Logitech K400 wireless keyboard, it seems to function as expected.

Is it possible I have a firmware issue that flashing would solve?     I fear, because it is partially operational that there is some underlying hardware issue with portions of the keyboard.   Any ideas anyone might have would be much appreciated.

On a side note, I must give kudos to the DanctNIX community.   The Arch image is very functional, including auto rotate.

At this time there isn't a flashable firmware as far as I know. My keyboard behaved similarly, though I had more keys inoperable. It's possible we'll get a firmware available, but I'd also contact support just in case. They can be super slow to respond though and the exchange process can take a while :/
I suspect your keyboard has a hardware issue, something that might be addressable in a firmware update. It sounds like one of the scan polls is not reading correctly. I can't really suggest any good solution at this moment.

Mine does operate correctly, so there seems to be some hardware difference between the two. It could literally be as simple as the capacitance on the lines being ever so slightly different.

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Pinetab 2 just arrived + when can hope to se wifi driver LRP 15 7,349 02-28-2024, 05:03 AM
Last Post: Surehand53
Wink Screen protector for PineTab 2 vatin 0 457 11-18-2023, 01:31 AM
Last Post: vatin
  Some keyboard keys type two lettters lee19gs 2 633 09-21-2023, 09:56 AM
Last Post: dachalife
  PineTab 2 (arm64) thoughts and questions acruhl 7 2,692 09-01-2023, 01:13 PM
Last Post: acruhl
  PineTab 2 Dead Screen Kramey 16 4,358 08-12-2023, 05:44 PM
Last Post: Kramey
  pinetab 2 not booting ajhiii070 5 1,636 08-07-2023, 01:46 PM
Last Post: r.aliaskarov
  does the pinetab "just worK"? averageconsumer445 19 4,135 07-15-2023, 10:31 AM
Last Post: dachalife
  Pinetab-V shipping Status? jfstepha 6 2,187 07-12-2023, 03:23 PM
Last Post: ChromaticHamster
  PineTab2 virtual keyboard: symbols instead of numbers clemfandango 5 1,811 07-12-2023, 05:32 AM
Last Post: mtomaschett
  No WiFi or Ethernet on vanilla PineTab 2 from the factory? SmittyWerbenyegermanjenson 6 2,133 06-06-2023, 05:26 PM
Last Post: fxc