New Pine Store is up!
Hello Everyone,

The new Pine Store is now up. I'll explain the decision behind shutting the old store down for 72 hours and reopening with a new store in the upcoming October community update; at this point in time I just want to give you an intro to the new store. Before I do however, I want to give @fire219 and @gamelaster massive shout-out for helping getting the store operational in such as short time. Thanks guys!

Aside from the modern design and a vastly improved inventory categorization, the new Pine Store also offers a number of new features. Some of the more notable options include credit and debit card payments (via Stripe), as well as VAT and import Tax calculators for certain items. We will also be adding new features in the coming days - notably we wish to implement DHL's Remote Area Surcharge notification and calculator.

As many of you will immediately notice, the store has moved from store.pine64.org to pine64.com. The decision to move the Pine Store's domain to .com signifies the separation between the community .org domain(s) and the business aspects of PINE64. We think that it is the right move... pun intended. The store also runs on a much beefier VPS, on a newer overall architecture and it is much more secure. This, we hope, will assure great end-user experience even at the busiest of periods.

Many other improvements have been made to the system during the downtime too - for instance, order confirmation emails, shipping notifications, etc., will no longer end up in peoples spam folders.  

Lastly, if you run into any issues with the new store, make sure to report them in this thread.

Once again, thank you for your patience!
You can find me on IRC, Discord and Twitter

So pretty much everything everyone was asking for and more ? Smile
(09-24-2020, 05:26 PM)KC9UDX Wrote: So pretty much everything everyone was asking for and more ? Smile

No crypto payments ... yet.
You can find me on IRC, Discord and Twitter

(09-24-2020, 05:36 PM)Luke Wrote:
(09-24-2020, 05:26 PM)KC9UDX Wrote: So pretty much everything everyone was asking for and more ? Smile

No crypto payments ... yet.
Yep forgot about that one.  Prolly because I don't take that stuff too seriously.  Smile
I'm trying to place an order for a PINEBOOK Pro to a US address and it says "There are no shipping options available. Please ensure that your address has been entered correctly, or contact us if you need any help." at checkout. I tried two different residential addresses. I'm sure I entered them correctly. Is something wrong? Thank you.
(09-24-2020, 06:16 PM)lrussell887 Wrote: I'm trying to place an order for a PINEBOOK Pro to a US address and it says "There are no shipping options available. Please ensure that your address has been entered correctly, or contact us if you need any help." at checkout. I tried two different residential addresses. I'm sure I entered them correctly. Is something wrong? Thank you.

Are you trying to include accessories in the order? Unfortunately due to logistics, we cannot ship the Pinebook Pro (or PinePhone) along with anything else.
Community administrator and sysadmin for PINE64
(Translation: If something breaks on the website, forum, or chat network, I'm a good person to yell at about it)

(09-24-2020, 06:19 PM)fire219 Wrote:
(09-24-2020, 06:16 PM)lrussell887 Wrote: I'm trying to place an order for a PINEBOOK Pro to a US address and it says "There are no shipping options available. Please ensure that your address has been entered correctly, or contact us if you need any help." at checkout. I tried two different residential addresses. I'm sure I entered them correctly. Is something wrong? Thank you.

Are you trying to include accessories in the order? Unfortunately due to logistics, we cannot ship the Pinebook Pro (or PinePhone) along with anything else.
No, the only item in my cart is the "14″ PINEBOOK Pro LINUX LAPTOP (ANSI, US Keyboard)".

I tried the shipping estimate on the Cart page too, with multiple US cities & ZIP codes. It always says "No shipping options were found for x".
Just an NB, it still says:  September 21, 2020: The Pine Store is currently closed and will remain inoperable for the next 24-48 hours. We apologize for the inconvenience. inside a red horizontal banner near the top on the main .org web site page.

Also, some phrasing inside the item title can cause overlap between items.

For example: PINEBOOK/PINEPHONE/PINETAB SERIAL CONSOLE

See: https://pine64.com/product-category/laptop-accessories/

The second row of items, first item in the row the title above merges in to the title of the second item in the row.

Possibly a fix is to simplify the title to just SERIAL CONSOLE.

Final nit-picking (for now) on main store page scrolling down reveals images of PineBook Pro, PinePhone and PineTab in the background, some text in the foreground, no image of the devices in the foreground. It's very trendy to style like this but causes me a sense of motion sickness. It could be helped a little bit with images of the devices placed in the foreground may be without the background image. I'd take simple over trendy any day of the week!
Thanks I just asked this question on another post; you can ignore.

I haven't look at it yet and gotta fly over there and make an order for a couple more Pine64 items.

Thanks guys... I am loving Pine; because I know what I'm purchasing. I hope that Pine64 continues to refine - I can imagine ya'll doing VERY well in the future. Lets get there together.
-----
 pAULIE42o
.  .  .  .   .  . .
/s
The New Pine Store looks pretty good !

Question on the PineTab : Is the optional keyboard an 'ANSI' or an 'ISO' ?

Thanks
      LINUX = CHOICES
         **BCnAZ**
               Idea
   Donate to $upport
your favorite OS Team

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Pine Tab Markdanni123 3 6,089 10-04-2020, 11:26 PM
Last Post: zer0sig
  September Pine phone sales ? bcnaz 5 9,163 09-26-2020, 01:36 AM
Last Post: bcnaz
  Pine Store: ANSI Pinebook Pro Available bcnaz 2 4,918 08-30-2020, 02:56 PM
Last Post: Luke
  November Blog Update -- PinePhone Braveheart, Pinebook Pros, and a giant Pine Cluster fire219 10 19,373 11-17-2019, 10:28 PM
Last Post: billydun
  RockPro64 and Pine H64 Discussion Thread Luke 85 149,564 02-13-2019, 11:31 AM
Last Post: Bullet64
  Nice third-party cases for Rock64 and Pine A64/ LTS Luke 4 8,376 01-30-2019, 10:04 AM
Last Post: Baldnerd
Information SOPine Clusterboard and Pine H64 Available in the Store. Luke 0 3,362 01-31-2018, 05:17 AM
Last Post: Luke
  Windows IoT finanly released on Pine A64 Platform tllim 0 5,618 08-04-2016, 07:49 PM
Last Post: tllim
  The Release of Pine A64 Schematic khgoh 0 6,575 02-22-2016, 08:07 AM
Last Post: khgoh