Resize apps for postmarket OS
Hello,
I would like to help make apps work on pinephone with postmarket os.
Could anybody help me where I can find information howto adapt the apps to work on the mobile screen ?
I have tried diferent options for email, geary is really nice but needs some fine-tuning.

If somebody could point me in the right direction please Cool
Hi,

Nice you want to help Smile

I think you can use libhandy to make gtk app adaptive.

You can find tutorials to learn how to use this lib: for example.

You can also take a look at gnome apps commits on gitlab.

(I have not yet tried libhandy myself)
thanks for your reply!

I was looking into flatpack and it looks like its well documented but I read that it's not
really supported by postmarketos ?

I will have a look at gnome-apps and see what I can do.

Thank you for your help, really appreciated!
I can't tell you about flatpack (I use Nix which I really like and which according to my first tests runs well on the pinephone).

Maybe you already know, but a workaround exists to resize an app (until the app is refactored with for example libhandy). In a terminal, you can type:

Code:
scale-to-fit geary on

And you can do the same for the app of your choice (take a look at this section of mobian wiki, working also on postmarketos)
Smile 
thank you for this  Smile  .With this tweak I managed to resize geary so I can use it now
without problems.
Its not easy to get the app-id for some, but found these already:

App:              Id:
geary             geary
weather         org.gnome.weather
Photos           org.gnome.photos
KeePassXC     org.keepassxc.KeePassXC

Still looking howto figure out the id of Nextcloud...
(09-21-2020, 01:57 PM)tmp Wrote: Maybe you already know, but a workaround exists to resize an app (until the app is refactored with for example libhandy). In a terminal, you can type:

Code:
scale-to-fit geary on

And you can do the same for the app of your choice (take a look at this section of mobian wiki, working also on postmarketos)

Where do I get that command?  It isn't part of the phoc package.  It just has an executable and an xml schema. I'm on the edge release of pmos and have phoc-0.4.2-r0 installed.
(09-20-2020, 10:10 AM)zeb11 Wrote: Hello,
I would like to help make apps work on pinephone with postmarket os.
Could anybody help me where I can find information howto adapt the apps to work on the mobile screen ?
I have tried diferent options for email, geary is really nice but needs some fine-tuning.

If somebody could point me in the right direction please Cool
Oh hey, I am a week late to this but I literally made this app about two weeks ago. Here's a link to the source code.
https://gitlab.com/greenbeast/gtk_scaling_app

Also if you want to work on some apps together I'd be happy to join in on this.
(09-25-2020, 12:13 AM)ragreenburg Wrote: Oh hey, I am a week late to this but I literally made this app about two weeks ago. Here's a link to the source code.

Hi, I'm just checking out your app and how to use it. Would be great to work together on something, are you using pmos or Mobian on your phone ?
(09-26-2020, 06:05 AM)zeb11 Wrote:
(09-25-2020, 12:13 AM)ragreenburg Wrote: Oh hey, I am a week late to this but I literally made this app about two weeks ago. Here's a link to the source code.

Hi, I'm just checking out your app and how to use it. Would be great to work together on something, are you using pmos or Mobian on your phone ?
I am using Mobian but theoretically anything that works on Phosh should work on any of the OS's using it. Or at least that is my understanding. To use the app though just clone the repo and run the script that is something like scaling_gtk.py or something close to that. Do you use Matrix or anything like that? Because that's be a bit easier to communicate on as I check these forums like once or twice a week.

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Software app in postmarket gnome shell Uturn 1 540 09-06-2023, 05:27 AM
Last Post: alaraajavamma
  Issues after installing latest PostMarket OS with POSH xen314 4 1,202 08-20-2023, 11:18 PM
Last Post: xen314
  How to choose which Waydroid Apps can appear on PostmaketOS Home Screen? Avisando 6 2,104 05-28-2023, 10:54 PM
Last Post: Avisando
  Postmarket os printer setup Chief 3 2,066 01-21-2023, 04:27 PM
Last Post: jojuma
  Unable to set default apps Barugon 7 3,129 12-04-2022, 12:28 PM
Last Post: alaraajavamma
  Help with ssh and setting default apps jojuma 2 1,578 09-10-2022, 07:55 AM
Last Post: jojuma
  closing apps rather than leaving them running (phosh) lordearl 7 5,962 02-03-2022, 09:14 PM
Last Post: parry
  axolotl signal client on postmarket os? nieral 2 2,923 10-29-2021, 07:41 AM
Last Post: nieral
  No camera app on PinePhone Postmarket Edition / Phosh Noah222 3 4,776 12-02-2020, 03:38 PM
Last Post: jmorris
  Initial thoughts, PinePhone PostMarket edition. plainenough 28 31,654 11-18-2020, 03:43 AM
Last Post: eKeith