ssh not enabled, by default?
Did a fresh install of mobian. Trying to ssh into the phone.

following the wiki -> https://wiki.mobian-project.org/doku.php...f-password <- it seems that the ssh_server is not installed and running.

From within the phone & gui , I do not see anything to do with the ability to log into the phone.

What program(s) need to be installed to be able to ssh into the phone?

thanks
'sudo apt install openssh-server' should do it.

Edit: ... and the terminal program is called King's Cross for some reason. Smile
(09-14-2020, 12:26 PM)bitnick Wrote: 'sudo apt install openssh-server' should do it.

Edit: ... and the terminal program is called King's Cross for some reason. Smile

Thank you. Will get it installed
(09-14-2020, 12:26 PM)bitnick Wrote: 'sudo apt install openssh-server' should do it.

Thank you, worked for me.
Just wondering why they do not include it in their image?
Probably because it's a security risk (an additional attack surface, and a rather weak one if you use the four-digit passcode to login), and something that not everyone will want to use.
I agree with @bitnick - if you're going to use sshd you should disable password login and use keys. See https://wiki.mobian-project.org/doku.php?id=security for quick instructions. The PmOS build script offers to do this for you.
(10-02-2020, 04:20 AM)bitnick Wrote: Probably because it's a security risk (an additional attack surface, and a rather weak one if you use the four-digit passcode to login), and something that not everyone will want to use.
I do not think that on a gadget usable only for playing around any reasonable person would store confidential data Blush

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Default SMS app send button off screen in vertical orientation motox6 0 145 05-22-2021, 02:55 PM
Last Post: motox6
  Make 'terminal' on-screen keyboard the default 3x5co 0 464 12-27-2020, 05:11 PM
Last Post: 3x5co
  sudo / lock screen password keeps resetting to default ergo owl 6 2,222 09-04-2020, 06:07 AM
Last Post: ergo owl
  How to change the minimum password length when changing from default passwords arturo2bodegas 3 1,470 07-18-2020, 01:51 PM
Last Post: arturo2bodegas
  Default Theme wasgurd 4 1,947 06-26-2020, 06:28 PM
Last Post: wasgurd